It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Jones industrial average hits all-time high, breaking 2007 record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Link

Well for some it's not all doom and gloom.
Looks like people somewhere are making money.
I just wish it was me.

What does everyone think about this news?

The Dow Jones industrial average surged passed its record high and kept going on Tuesday. It jumped from the opening bell, climbed as much as 158 points early and reached 14,286, breaking through its previous record high set in October 2007.

The Dow opened higher following a surge in markets across the globe. China's markets rose after the government said it would support ambitious growth targets. European markets jumped following a surprisingly strong rise in retail sales across the 17-country group that uses the euro. In the U.S., more hopeful news about housing kept the momentum going.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What goes up must come down.

That balloon is going to pop very soon.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think historically it rises up before it crashes back down.

Last little push before the fall?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Lots of people making LOTS of money. Bonus time so people are getting stocks for a bonus. It'll slide in about 90 days when we can sell.

Timing is everything
edit on 5-3-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
im totally confused by all of it...all i hear on tv/news/radio/and some internet sites is that we are doing great and in this huge recovery..people are shopping, buying homes and cars and stuff...but on the other hand I read just about as much negative stuff online..and to be honest..I haven't seen any recovery with my own eyes..

there are homes around here that have been on the market for aloooonnnnnggg time..prices are going up on all kinds of stuff..we haven't got a raise and i don't see too many cars about with new tags..

just a few weeks ago retail sale reports were disastrous (walmart), now retail sales are great??? how do these stories change from week to week?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
great adchievment..... you are aware if companies fires there employ:s the stocks rises!!!!
so good figures over the body"s of the working man....

investors are the human form of leaches......
edit on 5-3-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
With what's going on lately with the government not fixing the problem, it seems that the market should have dropped. This is only more evidence that the stock market here in America has no ties to reality, it is just a bunch of big investors trying to make money quickly. If the market starts to drop they blame it on any event that happens but it is not really tied to the Economy at all. It is the profit takers that are sucking all the profits out at certain times and their internal regulation system that governs it. They have figured a legal way to take others money without prosecution. We have money in the stock market and it hasn't hardly grown at all since the crash.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh man, this baby is going to crash and crash hard.

Of course the stock market is doing great, you have the Fed to catch you if you fall, IF your big enough to have connections *cough* Goldman Sachs *cough*.

Sorry, i just can't buy it. Not with Wal-Mart looking at terrible sales, JC Penny is sweating like it has a fever, BestBuy is fighting for it's life and on top of that record number of Americans are collecting benefits. I'm not talking about those that received it beforehand when it wasn't a problem, I'm speaking of the employable Americans that are collecting.

This is a bubble and when it pops... Oh momma. Best NOT to have anything invested in Wall Street when it tumbles. Just look at the stock prices of Netflix, Facebook, and even Apple over the long term. The market is rigged on the inside.

But then again, i'm just an armchair guy, what do I know? FORWARD!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Shouldn't we be pushing the DOW against a standard like gold?

Link

This is voodoo magik propaganda, and nothing to be celebrated.

People have been saying that the collapse will equal parity between Gold and the DOW.

So maybe well get another crash down to 7,500, with Gold reaching $7,500/ounce by maybe 2020.

edit on 5-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

top topics

join