It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ to Begin "Crackdown" on Conspiracy Theorists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

God is a "bunch of bunk" ? That's blunt. I presume it's because there is no hard evidence for a "God" But due to the nature of "God" you can't disprove it's/his/whatever's existence.

Sorry, i know it's the same old argument. I just thought your statement was pretty blunt. The Lord will protect them? You think anyone who believes in God will just sit back and expect The Lord to do it? Do you think believers believe they are in an untouchable bubble? We are as much at risk in this world as anyone else. From anything.

You ask God for help, you don't expect immortality because "God protects us"

However, i'm not going to turn this post in to a a "God post" so let's move on

edit on 7-3-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560 "Why is he a good choice?"

to be honest i don't know anything about the guy, but i think the concept of agency or governmental attempts to 'crackdown' on conspiracy theorists is nonsensical. and possibly diversionary. what're they going to do, legislate against ideas? anyway, he's probably a bad choice. the chosen normally are.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by AtticusRye

There is a HUGE difference between a conspiracy theorist and an anti government patriot group.
Conspiracy theorist definition: conspiracy theory purports to explain an important social, political, or economic event as being caused or covered up by a covert group or organization.
en.wikipedia.org...

"Anti government patriot group" should be an oxymoron.
Political psychobabble - I see that patriotism is considered evil by TPTB. Can we stop pretending we are a free society now?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by AtticusRye

"As in the period before the Oklahoma City bombing, we now are seeing ominous threats from those who believe that the government is poised to take their guns,”

Those who believe?

So what are the gun grabs, the gun bans and the gun buybacks all about then?

It's not a fear or belief that it "may" happen, it IS happening.

There is more to worry about from the administration than any other group out there.

CX.

I just figured it was to make their constituents feel like they are doing something.

It's not like you can ever prevent someone from hurting someone else if they wanted to.

I've said it before, but could you imagine trying to get re-elected if your response to a school shooting was something along the lines of, "sorry, but we've basically got our thumbs up our butts. There's nothing we can really do. It's probably gonna happen again, but we'll continue to do our best to make sure it doesn't."

If the majority of the people who vote blame guns, then what do you do?

I don't think they're going after guns for any nefarious purpose.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

SPLC stands for Spurious Pathetic Lame Crap! This Government propaganda front has been at it since the 90's with ridiculous lists of supposed anti-government groups including Ron Paul supporters. Splash some Pictures of the Clan and Neo Nazis with Swastikas on the article and they try and paint everyone as potential terrorist.

It seems the DHS is taking it to heart though.:

Lets see, Drones, billions of bullets, thousands of guns, light armored tanks, military training in joint operations in cities with local police, pushing disarming of veterans and the people in general etc etc etc.

Everyone should be anti- government right now this crap it coming to a head....

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

If the majority of the people who vote blame guns, then what do you do?

The Majority do not blame guns. The majority are against a gun ban. Gun related deaths are less then 1.5% of deaths. Stop repeating neo marxist propaganda...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by superman2012

Are you asking for some kind of prediction?

Here's the way I see it. Anyone who identifies with the groups they are talking about need to be watched. I do not see that as this website or these members although I do not know anyone here personally. They are talking about people like Timothy McVey. . Do any of you identify with that mass murderer? ( Of children too remember???)
Even those of you who are passionate about having your guns? Are you also ready to take up those arms against the government? Charles Manson would have been on this list. David Koresh too. Still feeling like a member of the club? If so then yeah I need to keep an eye out for people like you. Just the way it is dude.

Would you have known if Timothy McVeigh was on ATS and you were "friends" with him here?

No prediction necessary, just critical thinking...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

If anyone was considering 'taking up arms against the US government, they are probably in dire need of a padded cell TBH. It would be insanity.

But, what makes you imagine 'taking on the Government' means by force of arms?

It doesn't.

There are huge numbers of very intelligent and very patriotic professional people in the US, a great deal of them would undoubtably know the law inside and out.

I would imagine any action close to even being termed 'revolution', would be in the form of legally challenging infractions and violations of law, and proving that sacred Oaths of office have been broken, and elements of the Government are deliberately and perhaps cynically, acting in an unconstitutional way.

Essentially nullifying those elements, using the law, not the bullet.

Some knuckle head or two might be talking about going toe to toe with the Government using arms, but then some people are idiots and antagonists.

The legal process would obviously be the sensible avenue to take when attempting to weed out criminality in the Government, any other method would be doomed to failure and would only ever be a futile sacrifice on the alter of stupidity...and playing right into any possible agenda to provoke such an action from the public too.

Weapons (public weapons) are important in the context, inasmuch as they create a vital element of pause - a period of hesitancy and uncertainty in both an armed Government perhaps willing to wage attrocities against the American Citizen because it knows the people are armed, or in the would be armed 'revolutionary citizen knuckle head', who knows his would-be foe is better armed.

That pause is essential to enabling both the legitimacy of any potential public legal proceedings against a Government percieved as acting beyong their remit and abusing publicly bestowed powers, but also to enable a possibly paranoid Government to reflect on their own actions, which may have led the public to a position where they feel it necassary to challenge the Government in the first place.

Not all significant changes require blood and sacrifice. Prison time and public shame and scorn for the corrupt will probably be sufficient.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I guess Janet can't call T Party anti-govt anymore since the Tea Party has been putting people into local, city, and county govt positions.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, I hope they crackdown on those doggone constitutionalists! They are a dangerous lot. Imagine that, advocating for minimal government.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join