It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ to Begin "Crackdown" on Conspiracy Theorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metatronin
Anyone notice the capitalization of the letter "p" in "Patriot"? They admit these people they are going after are actually right. They are not terrorists, rebels, etc....but Patriots.

ummmm capitalization doesn't mean they are authentic, it means it's part of their group name

proper name vs descriptive adjective, you capitalize the proper name that was adopted by the group whether it is a true description or not

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'd say the best way to combat paranoia and conspiracy theorists where they see a problem is by using truth....sunshine for the open exchange of ideas and free speech of all types, not just those that agree.

Since that is starting to look more and more like a concept people like Holder intend to show no respect whatsoever for, I guess we're in for a rough road for a few years of more of the same and worse from all sides.

These idiots make all their own problems on things like this and then act shocked that a problem exists. They ought to lose their offices out of sheer ignorance and consistent inability to plan for the consequences of their own actions.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why combat conspiracy theorists? They have often been proven to be right.

Here are 33 conspiracy theories that turned out to be true:

33 conspiracies that were true

If you are out to combat conspiracy theorists I think you are on the wrong website.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I read the OP and replied to the apparent need the Government sees in fighting those who question them. I'm just noting what works best to counter their little problem is what they're least likely to actually use. Honesty and openness.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why combat conspiracy theorists? They have often been proven to be right.

Here are 33 conspiracy theories that turned out to be true:

33 conspiracies that were true

If you are out to combat conspiracy theorists I think you are on the wrong website.

Not to question the veracity of "bibliotecapleyades.net," however, most of the "33 conspiracies that were true" were never proved either true, nor a conspiracy (e.g. Karen Silkwood). Others were simply secret operations that were eventually declassified (e.g. Operation Paperclip). [Secrecy does not equal conspiracy. The implication of 'conspiracy theory' is a sinister plot to engage in illegal usurpation. No crime was committed during Operation Paperclip. It was a legal, secret military operation. Just like many other legal, secret military operations such as the D-Day landing, or the development of the atom bomb. The fact a series of public hearings on the D-Day landings didn't occur in the several weeks prior, and notices of the times/dates of the landings weren't published in the New York Times, does not mean the D-Day landings were a "conspiracy."]
edit on 5-3-2013 by AtticusRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

33? Why so Masonic?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

Cointelpro?
MKultra?
Manhanttan project?
operation northwoods?

Those where real and conspiracies.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
the keyword here is "Patriot groups"...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Cointelpro?
MKultra?
Manhanttan project?
operation northwoods?

Those where real and conspiracies.

What illegal acts were involved with the Manhattan Project?

Once again, something occurring in secret/private is not a conspiracy. A conspiracy requires (a) secrecy, (b) illegality, (c) premeditation for the illegality on the part of all parties to the conspiracy, and, (d) two or more people/parties involved as perpetrators. Two of the four things doesn't make it a "half-conspiracy." There's no such thing.
edit on 5-3-2013 by AtticusRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Criminal conspiracy != conspiracy.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of CONSPIRACY

: the act of conspiring together

con·spire

Definition of CONSPIRE
a : to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement

: to act in harmony toward a common end.

So by definition The Bilderberg Club is a valid conspiracy because they are violating the Logan act.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Criminal conspiracy != conspiracy.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of CONSPIRACY

: the act of conspiring together

con·spire

Definition of CONSPIRE
a : to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement

: to act in harmony toward a common end.

So by definition The Bilderberg Club is a valid conspiracy because they are violating the Logan act.

"Manhattan Project" isn't spelled B,I,L,D,E,R,B,E,R,G,C,L,U.B

nice dodge, though

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
***Update****

Eric Holder will use DHS asset "abovetopsecret.com" to track down these theorists.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Potleoz
***Update****

Eric Holder will use DHS asset "abovetopsecret.com" to track down these theorists.

If I could flag this I would, so I'll just have to settle for giving it a star.

edit on 5-3-2013 by AtticusRye because: spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is just a ploy to go after true patriots. A true patriot is someone who stands up for the Constitution of the United States, not someone who brown-noses the government. There is absolutely nothing illegal or wrong about standing up to a tryannical government that has overstepped its bounds of power. So they can say whatever they want, but this is all about silencing those who are poised to actually oppose the wave of tyranny that has suddenly emerged in Washington. The whole firearms issue is just the final straw, but this has been coming for a long time...I mean the citizens standing up to the government.

The boiling point is still a long way off, but I do not see how it can be avoided, aside from the government being radically cleared of all anti-Constitutionalists. Many citizens are going to do what their forefathers did, and fight for their freedom. While many think they are still free, they are not, and if the government tries to take the firearms away from Americans, which is our only tool to stand up to a tyrannical government, which is why we have the 2nd amendment in the first place, they are not going to be able to do it without murdering many civilians. In my mind, since I understand the tenets this country was founded on, standing up to the government if they attempt to nullify my Constitutional rights is just common sense. It is a given. The first step is always an attempt at peaceful negotiations, but where has that gotten anyone recently?

We all know what the government did to the OWS movement, and you should not expect anything less happening toward the Freedom movement, which is what I call it. It is still just in the opening stages, but I have a feeling it will move quickly into the face of every American. I wish that the government would just do what they swore they would do, uphold the Constitution, instead of trying to overstep their bounds by saying that it is outdated or something. The same argument has been used all throughout the 20th century, and even during the 19th, but it has never been done because there has never been such a corrupt system in Washington as there is today.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The goal is to draw you out of the woodwork. So rejoice and don't budge.

Yawn and be grateful you are at least aware of the conspiracies and can see far. Be as the most powerful beings are...allow the conquerors to hang themselves.... they always do.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
I knew posting pictures of rocks on Mars and claiming they're alien skeletons, crashed UFOs and pyramids would get us in trouble someday.

Yes, and Niburu, cyrstal skulls and spaceships bursting from the sun.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You guys are all paranoid, it's as if there is a commie under the bed..... oh, anyone remember the 50's.

ATS is no different and we all know the commies took over America changed the world... no wait, that was a book.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

so, I felt safe in abbreviating it to "conspiracy theorist" in this thread ... if it upsets you, I suppose you could start your own thread

I am not sure if you are arbitrarily allowed to just change what an article says simply because you want to. You are misrepresenting what the article is saying. Your paraphrasing is not correct.

Please tell me the difference between these two things Mr. Wizard of Smart:

"Anti government conspiracy militia"....made up of like minded patriots who are critical thinkers and see wtf is happening.

"Anti government conspiracy group"...consisting of me, my two brothers, father, and two uncles, who are critical thinkers and see wtf is going on.

There IS no difference...which means the articles title is spot on...go elsewhere and detract from threads. You just look like a retard otherwise. Gawd I cannot stand people that use semantics to disprove something or to start an argument over a NON ISSUE.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

VERY misleading title. Crackdown on militias is more like it. Not a conspiracy theorists, "conspiracy minded militias/patriot groups.". Look at the ones they named.

The San Francisco Bay area hosts seven of what the SPLC termed “conspiracy-minded antigovernment Patriot groups,” including six chapters of the Nation of Islam and one chapter of the Christian Guardians, Salt Lake City, Utah had two such groups, the SPLC claimed: the Creativity Alliance and Crusaders of Yahweh,

is calling for a federal crackdown on “conspiracy-minded antigovernment Patriot groups.”

edit on 5-3-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

It stated "conspiracy-minded antigovernment Patriot groups", but does that include Preppers, or those that prepare for catastrophes by buying and preparing survival equipment?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Menedes567

VERY misleading title. Crackdown on militias is more like it. Not a conspiracy theorists, "conspiracy minded militias/patriot groups.". Look at the ones they named.

The San Francisco Bay area hosts seven of what the SPLC termed “conspiracy-minded antigovernment Patriot groups,” including six chapters of the Nation of Islam and one chapter of the Christian Guardians, Salt Lake City, Utah had two such groups, the SPLC claimed: the Creativity Alliance and Crusaders of Yahweh,

is calling for a federal crackdown on “conspiracy-minded antigovernment Patriot groups.”

edit on 5-3-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

It stated "conspiracy-minded antigovernment Patriot groups", but does that include Preppers, or those that prepare for catastrophes by buying and preparing survival equipment?

Sure. Now spread 'em - what flavor lube do you prefer?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join