It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Defence Weapon Thats Just As Affective As FireArms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Paintball Guns! Yes you heard me, Paintball Guns.
It seems the evolution of these once thought primitive markers could never step up to the defense plate, but it seems that over the years of their development and use, they've become what most have always dreamed...Useful

With speeds in excess of 300 feet per second and with specialized tactical projectiles, these now useful markers have the potential of actually killing someone or at least disabling someone you feel have violated your comfort zone.

And what other weapon do you know that has a 200 round plus on-board ammo capacity/reservoir to deliver continuous target acquisition without reload? nothing that i know of other than a bb gun

Take a look here at all these resources at your disposal, and the cool part about these new developments, is you have unlimited choices as to how you desire to dress up your weapons and choices of the ammunition you desire to use in the defense of your person.....And its Legal in most states and countries

www.paintballguns.co.za...

Personally i would much rather use a marking gun than a firearm, because they don't throw shell casings all over the floor i might slip on, and unnecessary blood pools I'll have to clean up later

check it out and lets discuss our options..shall we

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Uhmmm.... I see where your going as I love me some Paintballin..... But the best you will do is break skin.... Or put an eye out.... That's if you have the paintball gun zero'd in for accuracy as the paintballs tend to flail in the wind if strong enough....

So if someone broke into your house you would pull out a paintball gun? Agitating at the very least to the intruder and might sting until they let bullets fly and break up the Paintball Party.

I see this doing absolutly nothing to a intruder except piss them off you got paint on them ^_^ but i'm up to see where you take this so have it at~

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

With the price of ammo these day, and no end in sight. The first person who comes up with a cheap ammo to use in paint guns...will be rich....

If there were a cost effective alternative to the paint balls to load them with...I'd buy one.....

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Visually, sure... they're intimidating. They can be confused for real firearms. My question is, what do you think happens when you shoot someone with a paintball? Or an animal for that matter? Initially,confusion and perhaps some slight pain. Then, total rage.

Maybe if you used it to fire marbles or something, you might be able to take out some birds or smaller animals like rabbits. Nothing substantial, however.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Now if these paintball guns can be retro-fitted to fire off ball bearings at the same speed... LOOOKOUT! o.O~ Just had that thought what do you think spec?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

While nice for the unarmed attacker, I will keep my firearm and be just fine.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Now if these paintball guns can be retro-fitted to fire off ball bearings at the same speed... LOOOKOUT! o.O~ Just had that thought what do you think spec?

Or cheap glass marbles the size of paint balls.....I see possibilities here.....

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Agreed~ Glass Marbles would work.... Now i'm thinking of launching some outta my paintball gun to see if it works, gotta test the theory.... Definately not a maiming or killing weapon but you could by yourself some "Runaway" time.

My only concern is that it's air that's projecting the marble or ball bearing and potential will be launched at a slower speed due odd sized barrel to marble size.... Now i'm curious.....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Make a mold, and pour your own custom sized glass or plastic projectiles.....you may be onto something big here....

After you get it perfected...consider me a customer....

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Actually a light polymer with the same texture as Paintballs poured solid would probably be as effective as the bean bag gun's police use.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well some of these paint balls are filled with peppers spray gel, and others are heavy solid nylon, and with a syringe and a little imagination, you could retrofit your ammunition with whatever trips your trigger. You could even go as far as muzzle loading conical ballistic projectiles and arrow head razor devices that had extreme accuracy.

Granted that firearm use would be a wiser use weapon, but if one developed the skills and devices to be used, it would be very formidable against a multitude of attacker scenarios..and as i said before there are clear benefits.

Add A high intensity green laser or flashlight to it and your probability of success just increased.

I assure you you don't want to get shot multiple times in the face with hard balls and pepper spray in a matter of seconds, your day would be totally ruined, especially while you were blind, they were still shooting you, then they kick you square off in your balls, then bludgeoning you with the weapon

Seriously

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Death by paint ball gun? What a cruel way to die. The poor guy had 450 welts all over his body before he curled up to die. Death by contusion and internal bleeding...
I see the potential that you speak of. But you'll have to crank up that muzzle velocity somehow.

I'll stick with my old Hungarian .22 air rifle. That old dog still pumps out 800-900 fps. If I tune it up and switch to pba ammo I could get 1000 fps. The more power rifles will give you up to 1600fps. Enough to take down a small wild hog.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Interesting thought. If you're going to use air though...

190 foot-pounds, and exceptionally accurate out to 50 yards and beyond. Now you know why Napolean hated air-rifles.

edit on 3/5/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

It wouldn't replace my tried and true stable of guns...but, would be a nice addition....

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Reminded me of this South Beach Tow episode.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Death by paint ball gun? What a cruel way to die. The poor guy had 450 welts all over his body before he curled up to die. Death by contusion and internal bleeding...
I see the potential that you speak of. But you'll have to crank up that muzzle velocity somehow.

I'll stick with my old Hungarian .22 air rifle. That old dog still pumps out 800-900 fps. If I tune it up and switch to pba ammo I could get 1000 fps. The more power rifles will give you up to 1600fps. Enough to take down a small wild hog.

you should always consider you have one shot with your pellet gun before reload and charge, and with these pain ball guns you can just keep a rippen at your target until they can take no more

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wow, i just coined a new phrase..! PAIN BALL GUN !

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

you should always consider you have one shot with your pellet gun before reload and charge, and with these pain ball guns you can just keep a rippen at your target until they can take no more

True for some pellet guns. But many of the pneumatics will shoot multiple full power shots before needing reloading, or a fresh infusion of air.

edit on 3/5/2013 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I see this doing absolutly nothing to a intruder except piss them off you got paint on them ^_^ but i'm up to see where you take this so have it at~

I think some aren't checking the link...

There are some pretty nasty rounds there.... I wouldn't replace my firearms, but as I have a decent paintball marker, I'd certainly be interested in getting some of these as a non-lethal option, allowing a shoot first, question later option.

Super Hard Skull Breakers© R140 per 100

Personal and Military self protection Less lethal rounds

These projectiles are extremely dense injection -molded Nylon rounds designed for maxim impact and distance.They are also used to break vehicular and structural glass upon impact during hostage or barricade incidents and are ideally followed by pepper ball rounds.Please use skull Breakers© responsibly.

I love that tactical holster too...looks like it will fit my pistol marker perfectly. I could have a hopper full of Skull Breakers in the Tippmann A-5, and then the Pepper Balls in my pistol
edit on 5-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Actually a light polymer with the same texture as Paintballs poured solid would probably be as effective as the bean bag gun's police use.

That's what the first page of that link i put in the Op is, heavy nylon "skull breakers" and peppers gel balls

here: www.paintballguns.co.za...

check it out

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join