It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-government extremist groups increasing, say experts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Could be anyone really ... What about all the folks who signed the secede petitions? People who visit and comment on sites such as this? What about posts on FB and twitter that are anti Obama or defending the 2nd? People who comment on MSM news articles, alternative news, blogs? Maybe they all can be labeled in certain "groups" as well.

You forgot to mention the signers of the reDeclaration of Independence such as myself. Virtually anyone who recognizes that many governments as well as the U.S.'s has fallen to a coup.

edit on 6-3-2013 by ajay59 because: to amend

edit on 6-3-2013 by ajay59 because: to correct

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah, the CNN article is a bit weird. Not a fan of the quotes by the former FBI informant turned PI because they seem to be deliberately provocative and to CNN's credit (not a fan of CNN, btw), they did mention the fact that Granny Warriors was on the SPLC's list and interviewed one of the grannies to boot to prove that that was definitely silly.

Here's the report source:
www.splcenter.org...

I agree that painting anti-government groups as being potentially racist and violent is absolutely inappropriate. However, I also don't think that someone who is unhappy with the way that the government is handling something is necessarily anti-government. If that were the case, then, currently 86% of Americans are apparently anti-government, lol (14% approval rating of Congress).

Although it's apparent that the SPLC dumped groups in there that shouldn't belong in there, like the grannies, we do in fact have a growing issue with anti-government groups that do have a racist bent. We're not alone in this issue as Neo Nazi groups have been on the rise in Europe as well (Generation Identitaire in France, NDP in Germany, Golden Dawn in Greece, Casa Pound in Italy to name a few). I hazard that it may very well be the result of economic hardships inducing increased xenophobia. The behavior of the banks certainly didn't help matters in regards to anti-semitic rhetoric. Basically, what we're going through is the same as what we went through during the Great Depression and really, utilizing anti-government sentiment combined with what may be an almost natural response to economic hardship, may be the reason why there are more anti-government hate groups.

Xenophobia and nativism experienced a re surgence during the Great Depression. California nativists eagerly sought scapegoats to blame for the hard times of the 1930s...California nativists also complained that Mexican immigrants were taking much needed jobs away from American citizens. The federal government responded with a program of mass repatriation...

Source: www.csun.edu...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I am not a fan of any MSM outlet, they all lie and distort the truth but I do pay attention to what they say.

It is crazy the way they intermingle the words "Antigovernment, extremist, hate group and patriot group" through out the article, actually it is alarming. They would have you believe that the Granny Warriors and the Constitution Party are anti-government militias with hate group agendas like the Ku Klux Clan and the Aryan Terror Brigade.

Your right though, there are many unhappy and dissatisfied people out there and the SPLC labels them all antigovernment, and they even take it a step further.

The SPLC loves using key words

Generally, Patriot groups define themselves as opposed to the “New World Order,” engage in groundless conspiracy theorizing, or advocate or adhere to extreme antigovernment doctrines.

A particularly prominent conspiracy in the antigovernment movement is that the United Nations, which is usually seen as spearheading the “New World Order,” is imposing a global plan, called Agenda 21, to take away citizens’ property rights

Other notable conspiracies found in the antigovernment movement include the idea that the government is secretly planning to round up citizens and place them in concentration camps run by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA. Another conspiracy alleges that there are plans to merge the United States, Canada and Mexico into a single country. Fears of impending gun control or weapons confiscations, either by the government or international agencies, also run rampant in antigovernment circles. As a result, many antigovernment activists believe that being well armed is a must. The militia movement engages in paramilitary training aimed at protecting citizens from this feared impending government crackdown.
Patriots

They seem oddly focused on conspiracy theories, most of the conversations on ATS could be lumped into one group or the other. I would not be surprised if they had individual lists of people, from conspiracy sites, the secede petitions and from other sources as well.

Call it conspiracy or what have you but the fear of a government crackdown is not a far flung theory as they would have you believe, just read over "FM 3-39.40 internment and resettlement operations" Some say this is a manual for overseas but ...

How many foreigners have a Social Security Number?

Don't the DHS and FEMA work internally and not overseas?

Call me crazy but some of those Conspiracy theories have legs, why does the SPLC want us to believe they do not? I had read somewhere that the CEO of SPLC is also in the DHS but I couldn't corroborate that, would be rather interesting if it is true though ...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Saw this today and thought it belonged in this thread for others to see and consider.

2nd

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I'm definitely distrustful of many mainstream media outlets but I'm fair about it and don't trust the smaller outlets either. At least from my point of view, the rule probably goes like this: "if it sets people off, good or bad, then people are going to view/read/share it and that's more money in the pocketbook." I have yet to see a rag that I all out trust. Some spice it up, others spin it like a top. The basic formula for most news articles seems to be: 1. present something provocative, 2. discount it to show how wonderfully unbiased they are, 3. spend a whole lot of time reaffirming the provocative.

I did actually look at that field manual business and I posted on the accompanying thread on the something like the 8th page. There are some things in regards to the providence that I just really don't like so I don't trust it. Whereas it would seem illogical for an individual to mock up a 300+ page field manual to provoke a response, some of the things that I suspect may be going on politically here in the US have enough value to possibly make it worth it. Then again, I probably have the most cracked out theory of all, lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Regardless of how you are minded towards the government and conspiracies, this has already been predicted by more than one think tank. I recall reading the publications years ago.

Look, this is inevitable. Resources are dwindling. We're overfishing, deforesting, on every freaking continent, and getting dumber as the pollution continues to climb, and the dumbest of us produce the most kids, on average.

Don't expect it to get easier. Expect more pressures. Expect the need to excel just to get by. Expect more control measures from the governments around the world. Expect people to tip past their breaking points and go berserk.

This is the 21st century, and we're still gaining in numbers as we go. No way in hell we'll be so many by the end of the century. You want to fight against the government, you sure as hell better have a new system worked out to implement as soon as your group takes control. If we allow our governments to fail or be overtaken, it will likely not turn out how we intend.

Just keep calm, and do the best you can as you see fit. I realize this is a struggle for millions out there. Don't give up, and remain civil.
edit on 6-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Is it even possible to overthrow an entire government nowadays ?

If our governments are scratching their brains wondering why so many dissidents and what the problem is, the answer is pretty simple: Stop running the damn country into the ground.

I can't remember who said it, but the quote always stuck in my mind as dead on: "When the people have nothing left to lose, they lose it."

Seems pretty obvious to most of us except the idiots sitting in the power seats.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

So if you disagree with the government you are a part of a hate group. This David Glettys fellow is not only a cowardly rat, he's also an idiot. I can't stand the fact that are government is bought and paid for and values little pieces of paper more than human life, but I love everyone.

Anyone want to start a "Love Group" that thinks our gov't is #?

AWA

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

Love that, it is so true. I actually discussed some of these things with people and it is so completely beyond them it blows my mind. A few now start the conversation as the wool has been pulled from their eyes, so at least I'm trying to help the awakening a little. Appreciate posting that.

AWA

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeWeAre

It seemed appropriate to the thread. They are also things that I was raised to expect as normal from our system of government. This was in the past the minimum that was deemed as acceptable behavior from government. Perhaps it was just an illusion of freedom and liberty that suited the government at the time of the founding of the nation but not in our more progressive modern world. Isn't that what they are saying that it was never like that in this country and then they run from that and call everyone extremist that was under the impression that they ever had those freedoms or liberties or restraint on the power of the central government.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I hate these idiots labelling them " hate groups" hate is for losers... people need to stand up for real issues.

In saying "I HATE...." are you being facetous or hateful?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

The premise is incorrect.

The vast majority of political groups, labelled as 'anti-Government' are nothing of the sort.

They are anti-corruption and anti-incompetence, which is a millions miles away from being anti-Government.

It just so happens Governments tend to have too much of both.

edit on 6-3-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
I hate these idiots labelling them " hate groups" hate is for losers... people need to stand up for real issues.

If the rhetoric that pervades this website is any indication, I'd imagine "hate group" is an accurate description.

Why? Because people have strong opinions and opposing views to those in office? The truth is, it's 'you are with us or you are against us', and this may or may not be on both sides.. but why is it ok for our leaders to feel this way, but if others do............
it's considered 'hate'. And if this is so.. are our leaders not also a hate group?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but believe it is just as relevant here.

If you think about it, the fact of the matter is, NO federal agency has the tiniest bit of authority outside the borders of the District of Columbia! That is where this pseudo government was formed. All that we the people need do is, make it known to them that WE realize this.

Does anyone see where I'm coming from on this?

In 1783, Congress decided that the nation's capital would move from Philadelphia in 1800. After much debate, members passed the Residence Act, which outlined a ten-miles-square site on the Potomac River along the Virginia– Maryland border, an area that President George Washington had selected. President John Adams was the first leader to govern from Federal City, later named Washington, D.C., in honor of our nation's first president. Today, the city of Washington exists as the District of Columbia (D.C.), the federal district of the United States, named after Christopher Columbus.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Absolutely, Nomnom. We're all on a lifeboat.

Unless you have something as powerful as our government to keep corporations in check, you will end up seeing the United States of Corporations because there are some very large and powerful corporations that control the majority of the food, oil, clothing, and property within the US. People should really think hard on what gets lost int hat scenario and how it can affect everything. There is something infinitely more powerful than our government at the end of the day. I always find it interesting that the big owners of things also are the ones that want to see everything privatized. It's kind of like the Business Plot 2--World Domination. They should make it a movie.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
They have to use words like "hate" and "extremist", you can't run a tank and para-military into someone's home that is a "constitution supporter." if you have the slightest amount of common sense you'll see our government (and the supporting media) are liars and manipulators. They know a large faction of Americans are on the verge of ushering some serious change so yeah...they're pulling out all the stops.
Could you imagine if our founding fathers were in a session of congress today? Holy crap! They would go totally ape -sh1t "extremist!"

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by endats01

Saw this today and thought it belonged in this thread for others to see and consider.

2nd

The people they are talking about do not sound like that. Just look at some of the extreme rhetoric on this site. They are NOT talking like the person in that picture. They are saying extreme things.

They aren't even talking about the people on this site.
They're talking about people sitting in a basement with guns and confederate flags, who are upset because a black man is in the office.
Who are literally plotting an overthrow because of their racism and/or delusions.

If you think those people don't exist, you're extremely ignorant.

Until anyone can provide evidence they are grouping anyone who's simply pro-gun or pro-freedom in these extreme groups, I'm going to assume they are talking about the groups I mention.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Who cares.

You don't throw them into soviet gulags if you don't like what they say or believe.

Powerheads do that.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I have had to concede I need my head examined or at least do some serious self-talk about posting what I think, feel and believe when I know there is an army of cold blooded Government Minions to whom nothing is sacred and no one is safe...no, not me, not you, not our spouses, not our children and shooting the family dog is just good target practice. However, I have already opened my mouth and typed away on the keyboard and these devils already know who and where I am and when it serves one of their agendas, I won't be surprised by the worst out of these people...people who have convinced themselves that God is on their side but who in reality can not believe their is a God, a Judgement and Hell because if they did, they wouldn't be worry about keeping their rotten jobs, they would be worrying about how to avoid the fiery pit that inevitably awaits them. Yes, many of them have convinced themselves that they have done no wrong but they most of them forget their roles as "Accessories" to abuse, murderer, mass murder and of course treason because with maybe no exceptions, they have all violated their oaths to protect and defend our Constitution, to say nothing of betraying their own families and ancestors, some who paid the ultimate price to help make the United States of America the country it was and could have been had they not sold their souls to Devil Worshiping. It is as they say in a court of law, ignorance is no excuse and as I recently said when I heard the former President George W. Bush when he was upset about how most Americans view his son George Jr....you know, the bathroom finger painter. These Skull and Bones Big Shots are even now realizing you can't take anything with you from this life except what you have done and I doubt they or those who were with and behind him are going to be welcomed through the Pearly Gates but maybe there is a special place waiting for them next to their True Master...well maybe but Lucifer was once an Angel and somehow I don't think even he has much love for baby killers and betrayers.

These points having been made, lets assume for the sake of argument that there is NO GOD, NO Judgement and No Hell but that each of our souls carry for eternity what we do in this life and reincarnation is real. What is your guess for the future life of people who have harmed directly and indirectly thousands and millions of lives,=; what kind of incarnation comes with the perpetuation of evil and harm upon your fellow man? Who or what would one guess is waiting for a person on the other side. This is just me thinking aloud and giving those who read this something to think about.

As for this terms Anti-Government and Extremist. Is the US Government..America? Or are the People...America? Is America some obscure idea or is it a nation built upon the Principals set forth in our Constitution and if so, is someone who truly loves, cherishes and is willing to lay down their life to support and defend our Constitution an Extremist..is a policeman who puts himself or herself in harms way to uphold our laws and way of life an extremist..and how about our Servicemen and Women..are they extremist for first believing that they are defending our country..our people?

I suggest everyone take a long hard look at who they are following and what they support, particularly those who work for the government (City, County, State and Federal" and make real sure who and what they are serving because I am suggesting they are serving the Devil Himself.

I can here it now...I was just trying to provide for me and my family...just doing what I was told...I wonder if that will be enough to save them from the consequences of what they do and help to have done.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

clearly this article and this group are complete BS these groups dont have anything to do with anti government

"The state with the most neo-Nazi groups: California, with 9.

-- The state with the most Ku Klux Klan groups: Texas, with 26."

imagine that two states over run with illegal immagrants i dont know what would cause these people to join these types of groups "sarc" (i do NOT condone either group)

also is thre some website you have to sign your hate group/anti government group up to in order to be counted? lol what rubbish this crap is and wouldnt be surprised if they added extra groups to each category , theres 300 million americans and like 50 groups ohhh no lol.

something interesting i found on their own website

"In October 1994, the SPLC wrote to then-Attorney General Janet Reno about the growing threat of domestic extremism; the Oklahoma City federal building was bombed six months later in the country’s deadliest act of domestic terrorism."

at least we know who really did OK now heh.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join