It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-government extremist groups increasing, say experts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

edit on 6-3-2013 by talkingaboutarevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by sealing

You dont know Obama has a white mother?.. He isnt white or black. Hes of Mixed ethnicity .

Just for the record.

And besides this I dont think the issue is only an american one.
You have other countries and continents of the world who have equal validity of being anti government at certain points .
edit on 5-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)
I get what you're saying, really, but my daughters have a white mother, and they are still considered black. It is what it is bro.My mother's maternal grandmother was part Cherokee, and my mother's great-grandmother was half white and half Cherokee, but, alas. we're black. Sorry to get off topic.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Whose ready for a complete collapse of our government? Whose ready for complete anarchy in our streets? I'll tell you who is ready for it. Your president is ppl. He already wants our guns. He wants the ability to order drone strikes in this country on our brothers and sisters. And just like reelecting himself he'll get exactly what he wants. When are we going to wake up and smell the rotten meat this man is cooking up and trying feed us?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
you mean to tell me citizens are angry that their government doesn't care about them, who would of thunk it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It's incredible to me how people that are merely voicing a distrust for, or opposition to government and their efforts to disarm us, and those that refuse to be subjects are vilified as racist.

I've not read any proper justification for that hypothesis. Unless using extreme, fringe examples are being used. We all know that Straw Men don't hold up in any debate.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Man, this gets me heated.

However, I am quite amused by it. Simply because they know were getting fed up with their garbage. I guarantee they'll hit one of these groups in the near future just to prove a point.

They'll probably get a bunch of fed's to do a swift raid and do some arrests to tell all the other groups "We did it to them, and we'll do it to you next."

Oh the tyranny...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lingweenie
Man, this gets me heated.

However, I am quite amused by it. Simply because they know were getting fed up with their garbage. I guarantee they'll hit one of these groups in the near future just to prove a point.

They'll probably get a bunch of fed's to do a swift raid and do some arrests to tell all the other groups "We did it to them, and we'll do it to you next."

Oh the tyranny...

That's exactly right.

It will probably be in concert with some type of "event" they've manufactured in order to gin up support for such a raid. Kind of a second Oklahoma City.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Agree. The politicians are extreme extremists from the planet Extremia. Anything to make a buck (then destroy the buck). A while back, someone stated that if the ratio of representatives the US people had in the federal government was the same as it was when the country was founded, we would have thousands and thousands of representatives today, not the same 535.

Today only the corporations have thousands and thousands of representatives (lobbyists). And we all know about corporate warfare. Spying, propaganda, and deception.

I used to feel strongly patriotic about our government when I was young (Never thought that would be considered a bad thing). Different time and place then. I did not understand the world though. I was less than three years old when John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated. I still remember that day. Believe it or not. I remember thinking,"This is not good, I've got to tell my Momma." Well, just about everyday since about 1999, I have been wanting to tell my momma about something. I did for a few years, too. At first she thought I was crazy. Then, I visited her less often to keep from feeling as though all I brought was bad news. After a few years, when I visited Mom she was agreeing with me, and always wants to tell me something! She is over 80, and has been an avid reader, she is no dummy. My father used to always complain about not wanting to buy anything from China. God bless his soul, he was no dummy.
I joined the military and served 10 years. I remember in boot camp studying our reasons for not torturing POWs. It was so our soldiers would be treated humanely when they were captured. "W" Bush did not care about that. They found a loophole. These "terrorists" don't count. Torture em, he said. What a dummy. The whole world is watching. Now in a future war with " a legitimate nation state," our soldiers will likely be treated very harshly. I guess "W" didn't go to boot camp.
Now, I am not saying I am a "birther" but I could not even imagine years ago that such a controversy would surround a President of the United States. Sad really. Fake social security numbers? Who is this guy? I don't care if he is black. But what cauldron of evil race war lusting fool would bring us a black president who would sign into law the NDAA? OK to kill Americans? Drones? Makes me almost want to be a racist. But I know it is a higher sort of evil that wants me to fall for that. Haliburton could make a buck off a race war!
Back in the day, the tradedy at Kent State was a scandal. Now, it looks like killing peaceable people will become policy. No shame. Proud of it. I wouldn't even be human if didn't say I was liking it less here in the "good" old USA every day.
When I was young, I met an old woman from the former Soviet Union. I was mowing her grass. I said where are you from. She told me the name of a country, "The Soviet Union. huh?" I guessed. She got an ugly, snarly, look and bitterly and said, "The Soviet .....Union

????? Hah,

I see someday in the future, someone may ask me where am I from --- the United States?

I can envision my response, "The United States

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

So what is it you think the Southern Poverty Law Center is up to?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by Tazkven

This is exactly what a self-fulfilling prophecy is like. Its a reflective reaction system...I'll explain...

A) The government perceives the people as a threat so beefs up its domestic defenses against the people...
B) The people notice the government beef up its domestic defenses and see it as a threat which results in "anti-government" sentiment/beliefs/actions...
C) The government notices B) and which further validates A) exponentially
D) The people notice C) which validates B) exponentially

Until...something happens.
Neither the government nor the people realize their perspective actions are only validating each others beliefs of one another... exponentially until...something happens.

The eye sees everything but itself.

Can't anyone see what is going on here? Why are people so slow to believe the prophets? The unbelievers in America are going to get exactly what they deserve. Me and many other have spent years warning you people about this and we were all called conspiracy theorists. Well now you know it wasn't a theory. I am going to laugh and mock when it takes everyone. I done my job. I was faithful. I will be saved out of it. Those who thought they knew it all and was pigheaded will soon find out they were terribly wrong. but too late!! The jugernaut is here. ENJOY!!!!

edit on 6-3-2013 by cantyousee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So what exactly is an extremist group anyway? is it any group of people who do not completely agree with all of the Government's policies?
edit on 6-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Maybe I was being to hard on Obama. Its not just him who wants America to fall. Its him and the rest of the world. Including his little evil sidekick Jay Carney. White House press secretary my a**. That little liar will eat his words. I always said how sneaky and distrustful he looks would ring true.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So what exactly is an extremist group anyway? is it any group of people who do not completely agree with all of the Government's policies?

As per the Article ...

Other highlights of the report include:

-- The state with the most neo-Nazi groups: California, with 9.

-- The state with the most Ku Klux Klan groups: Texas, with 26.

-- The report breaks out a group it calls "Christian Identity," which the SLPC defines as "a religion that is fundamentally racist and anti-Semitic." Texas has the most, with five.

-- Another category in the report, called "General Hate," is defined as groups that are anti-gay, Holocaust deniers, racist musicians or radical traditionalist Catholics. California has the most such groups, with 37.

Seems pretty cut and dry but before that they first said ...

The groups named in the SPLC study came from information compiled from "field reports, Patriot publications, the Internet, law enforcement sources and news reports."

Could be anyone really ...

What about all the folks who signed the secede petitions? People who visit and comment on sites such as this? What about posts on FB and twitter that are anti Obama or defending the 2nd? People who comment on MSM news articles, alternative news, blogs? Maybe they all can be labeled in certain "groups" as well.

We can only speculate what the criteria is for being labeled as "extreme" and what exactly the sources are.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Can we say pre-placed psy-ops leading up to the creations of such groups in order to create an excuse to implement stricter laws and police/military implements upon U.S. soil in order to achieve a goal for a prison/police state?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

If US Government is doing in such a way here, in Serbia, I can only imagine what they are doing inside The USA...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

While some of these groups are actually filled with crazies and NOT sane individuals, my point being here is not to say that. My point is to say that government enforces its rules. That's its job and that's what it will do. When it sees somebody opposing it, regardless of motivation or background, it'll assume an attack stance. So when the government comes for good people, do not be surprised.

But DO be surprised that people let the government reach that stage.

From my perspective, government - and all the people that constitute it - just is. However, something led to this moment. A sequence of historic events. People are in fact to blame.

All this is not to say I agree with patriot extremists. I don't think I do. However, I would not be shocked at all if some good people get thrown in with the dogs and treated like dirt. But this is more because government is hamfisted and tends to clobber bunches of people at once, and not because it has some moral shortfalls. Government is only as good as the people running it. (In a true democracy, everybody runs the government. But true democracy is probably impractical. There're just too many people. So we instead turn to representatives to reduce work load.)
edit on 6-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I hope they are not against the existance of USA, because I am for...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It is as though a dictator woke up to breakfast in bed, put on his wire rimmed glasses, opened up the paper and became alarmed, shouting, "What are all these Americans doing in my country?!"

Then all his court servants bowed in fear of his terrible wrath. Then they conspired to change the news their leader got in the paper, to suit his tastes. Those Internet conspiracy theorists shall pay for trying to usurp the authority of the press! So they set forth an edict, to defame the theorists, labeling them anti-government.

Look you have an anantagonizing declaration from SPLC which is a puppet group for the DHS since the same leader is in both of them.

This argument is one of those impossible statements to debate (like the impossible 'have you stopped beating your wife' question) because it comes from the premise that Obama is government. Look some of these groups don't believe Obama is government. They may not be anti-government, but they may be anti-Obama; the CNN article does not make a distinction.

Let me point out the obvious that those groups, they are full of Americans. Not Canadians, or Mexicans, or some UN or European group, so I think they deserve some higher value than some international voice, with regards to what they are able to do in their own country. Do you suppose they have some good arguments for existing? How can we know what they are about with the suppression from Big News? Obviously the MSM, CNN included, is on an agends to smear these groups instead of looking into them with some objectivity.

Experts? More puppets. You don't need to be an expert to present the truth. The fallacy of appealing to authority is a pet peeve of mine.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Sandalphon because: in

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Haha, I literally
when I saw that the so called "experts" were the SPLC.

Thats rich.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join