It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to end armistice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

North Korea threatened Tuesday to nullify the armistice agreement that ended the Korean War in 1953, citing U.S.-led international moves to impose new sanctions against it over its recent nuclear test, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported. The North's military said it will also cut off direct phone links with South Korea at the inter-Korean border village of Panmunjom, Yonhap said, citing North Korea's news outlet.
www.cnn.com...

N. Korea loves to rattle its saber at every opportunity but... one wonders whether they think they have a bigger chance here of running to ground a US administration that it may see as over-weighted with the economy, the Middle East and other issues.

If so, then how far does the North go? Torpedoing S. Korean naval vessels and rocketing S. Korean territory has already proven its willingness to tweak the noses of its hated enemies. China is highly unlikely to go very far in punishing her closest and dearest ally.

Would Kim Jong Un dare a ground attack across the 38th Parallel to make a point in hopes of bring Obama to his knees?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think this is already being discussed , but in answer to to your question
would Kim jr attack over the 38th parallel, the answer is yes he would.

They don’t care about consequences.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I think this is already being discussed , but in answer to to your question
would Kim jr attack over the 38th parallel, the answer is yes he would.

I did a search on 'North Korea' and scanned this board prior to posting. If I overlooked something, I apologize.

I will toast this thread if I have stepped on any toes.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just keep the thread , happens all the time.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

One dictator said to another ...
Call me.

In all seriousness, it seems we can always count on North Korea
for its instability on all fronts. They are truley a loose cannon.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

...the answer is yes he would.

You state this with a great amount of certainty, would you mind sharing how you know this? If i'm not mistaken, despite a bunch of posturing to draw attention they have not actually attacked anyone have they?

I think threats like these and the nuclear and rocket tests are merely to draw attention and help secure more international aid at the bargaining table to help feed their starving population. With all the artillery pointed at Seoul they could have done it a long time ago if they really wanted to.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Loose cannon is being kind, lol. More like a dirty bomb with a funky fuse.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn

...the answer is yes he would.

You state this with a great amount of certainty, would you mind sharing how you know this? If i'm not mistaken, despite a bunch of posturing to draw attention they have not actually attacked anyone have they?

I think threats like these and the nuclear and rocket tests are merely to draw attention and help secure more international aid at the bargaining table to help feed their starving population. With all the artillery pointed at Seoul they could have done it a long time ago if they really wanted to.

Cheers!

They shot up a South Korean Island not so long ago, which killed SK forces and civilians.
They also sunk a SK gunship with a torpedo, but it was hushed up so not escalate the situation.

Thats just two examples , and there belligerent attitude to everything, soon we will see if it is just more hot
air, as there are major exercise planned in the next few days.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Has North Korea reached the point where they have nothing to lose by attacking South Korea? The South Korean and US Forces would be hampered by what measures they could take for fear of upsetting the Chinese and dragging them into the conflict. It's unlikely anyone in North Korea will do anything other than what they are told to do. Why not strike at South Korea, how could things get any worse for the North? A lightning war, fought to a standstill, followed by agreed withdrawal to their relative starting positions in exchange for economic aid and food supplies would effectively give the North Koreans a "win" and cement the positions of the leader and his cohorts.

new topics

top topics

join