It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez's death to be announced soon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sorry, never made an ATS thread before, so sorry if this isn't in the right place or whatever.

You might see the breaking news that Venezuala's Vice-President - Nicolas Maduro - has stated that Hugo Chavez is 'facing his most difficult hours'. He's dying of cancer, if you don't know.

From BBC

Anyhow, a good friend of mine works for the BBC and she tells me that this statement is recognised as the first stage in announcing his death - he may have been dead for a week or two apparantly, but it's scheduled to be announced today.

I realise man dying of cancer 'being dead' isn't much of a prediction, but it should be breaking news in the next 24hrs or so.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I though he died already..wasn't he in a coffin picture last week or so? Is he really alive or really dead? Im confused...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Initial post that was here few days ago was hoaxed.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not dead yet.
But his condition is delicate.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nah, he'll be up and about in no time. A slight case of the flu. This has been reported so often that I'll have to hear it was a break-in bulletin on Venz. TV, with funeral dirges, long faces, and crying relatives.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
For years it's been prophesied Chavez will govern untill death.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by Neopan100

Same, thought he had already passed. Same reaction. Meh.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
And today, he is officially pronounced dead, just as you stated.

Not so much a prediction as a culmination of events. Half the planet knew he was dying, but flag and star, regardless.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well I'll be.

I read your post around noon, my time... (before the announcement) and said to myself... "really, again?" But, there was something about the way you worded it (matter of fact - like) that made me scratch my head, and wonder. Is this guy really on to something?

Apparently so.
Mind = blown.

edit on 13/3/5 by telemetry because: thoughts

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

I'm glad that my info was able to blow your mind. That said, I wouldn't go looking to me for betting tips - as I say, my pal works for the buro at the BBC reporting on news coming out of the Northern states of S. America. I'd imagine she simply knows her Venezualan sources well enough to be able to read between the lines of what they've been saying - I guess 'journalistic instinct' is just understanding the difference between what's literally being said and what really is being communicated.

As for Chavez, he's an interesting figure so I'm looking forward to digesting the discourse about him over the coming days. Any major change in a personality cult type government like Venezuala's is likely to be carefully stage managed so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he died well before yesterday.

Anyhow, it seems that this thread was the earliest breaker on the story, so I shall simply indulge myself in the momentary pleasure of having the scoop on a good story. It probably won't happen again!

new topics

top topics

join