It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic Boom or Something Else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm going to give you the news post link first centralal.myfoxal.com... so you'll understand that I'm not the only person that heard or felt this phenomenon. Let me say that I'm not a scientist by any means, although I did work as an RT for seven years. The day this happened I was sitting at home getting ready to go to my kids baseball practice. The sound was loud enough that I called the gasline company thinking that there had been an explosion on our gasline.

The windows rattled in my house, that's how close whatever it was that happened occurred. I didn't find out until the next day that this same sound had been heard over a 100 miles away and probably the most disturbing detail of this event is that no one seems to want to answer the question of what it truly was. When I called my gasline, I was hounded with questions about who I worked for and what my interest in this was. When I explained I lived on the gasline and just wanted to make sure my kids and I didn't need to evacuate our home the attitude changed immediately into caring concern. It was strange! Whatever happened in Alabama that day is still a mystery and I for one would like to know just what in the world is going on.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
earthsky.org... Another link to a news source that did some research into this.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Authormichellehughes

I don't know how it is possible for me to be the first person to reply to your post... But anyhow, these unexplained loud booms you and others reported fit in with reports worldwide of loud booms and mysterious sounds that began a little more than a year ago. I know Linda Moulton Howe at earthfiles has covered these mysterious booms pretty extensively, but there is still no apparent explanation. Some of these booms from around the world can be heard on youtube, as well.

You definitely aren't alone in wanting answers.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

we just heard a loud boom here at work last week, the same week you posted this. it was early in the morning. no one has any idea what it was, but a sonic boom doesn't feel right.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Where do you live? Can you describe what it sounded like? Whether it's a sonic boom or something else, I don't think these booms sound right to any of the people who have heard them.

new topics

top topics

join