It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring night terrors and what led me to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I've been lurking these boards for the past six months or so. I've had the pleasure of reading through some amazing threads over this time. Quelling my thirst for knowledge now always starts with ATS. Although I'm a bit of an introvert I'm looking forward to contributing to the community here, and especially looking forward to learning as much as I can.

I reside in Ontario Canada and have a career in Architectural/Structural design. My first confrontation with alternative science and "out there" theories started at a young age and over the years of growing up I began to seek the answers. Not just specific answers either, but answers for everything.

Recent threads about children having faint memories of previous lives and pre-birth memories, as well the typical recurring dream enigma has prompted me to finally open my introvert shell and investigate my own related experiances.
This thread in particular pushed me to open this account:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks Fylgje for the interesting read!

My own experiance with recurring dreams is what really caused me to begin seeking answers regarding our conscious existance, who we really are and where we really came from. From ages 4 to about 8 I had "recurring night terrors" as the doctor called them, where I would wake from a sleep completely disoriented and nauseous, stumble over to the bathroom and vomit everywhere. I was not yet "awake" at all, even though I could move around the house easily and respond to questions. Unlike typical explanations of night terrors, I was not violently flailing my limbs when I "awoke", I responded to my mother with clarity even though I was still pretty much asleep.

This "night terror" occured every time I had this really strange dream. I never remembered much from the dreams, just images mostly. I remember moving around 3 stars aligned in a straigh line, as if I was floating, and then moving away from them. For some strange reason, due to this, the image of these 3 stars always sends shivers down my spine. Everytime the image popped into my mind it was like a shock to the nervous system. Next, I remember an image of one of those old iconic wood and rope bridges in a forest or jungle environment with a river beneath it. Most of the information regarding the waking moments after the night terror I've recieved from my mother because she always came to clean me up and make sure I was ok. She'd tell me that I was speaking but it was difficult to discern what I was muttering. I would refuse to go back to sleep saying "I can't yet!", and "the bridge! The bridge needs fixed!" I would begin to slowly walk back to my room stating that "I was going to fix the bridge. I have to." This occured about twice every week. Freaked the hell out of my mother. She joked about me being abducted by aliens.

Sure, it can all be chalked up to vivid child imaginations and that is all. Even if that was simply the case, I can still be thankful the experiance took place allowing me question life more thoroughly, as well as the lasting impression of being perplexed and inspired by the extent of our dreams.

Over the years the images of the dreams became a great mystery to me. The most obvious link to the imagery of the three stars is the constellation of Orion's belt. However, I had zero knowledge of Orion's belt at that age. There are numerous threads made about the mysteries regarding Orions Belt and relating to the alignment of the Pyramid's of Giza, the Dogon tribe and Sirius, etc.

So ATS, what is your take on this?
Am I special?
Am I destined to bridge the gap between physical and spiritual realties in my lifetime?
Did I live on Sirius B in my previous life?
...Or am I just a typical person with a vivid imagination and a tendency to vomit?
I'm hoping for choice #3. (Just kidding... But not really)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalmah

Welcome to ATS...you'll fit in quite well here...see you in the forums....

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
sorry to burst your bubble

special you are not, troll maybe.

Intro forum is where you start.

(sorry had to add in my defence, you did say have been watching for ages,sorry to sound rude...Des your fault u always make me feel that strange feeling, i think they call it guilt)

edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry, introductions is where I meant for this to go.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

No, don't feel bad Dave...when I clicked on this thread to post...it was in the introduction forum. I think a MOD must have moved it to this one. Sometimes they do that. Don't know the secret formula they use to make that call...not my place.

All good between us, Sweet Pea...here have some sweet treats....

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
sorry to burst your bubble

special you are not, troll maybe.

This is disappointing news.

Regardless, the dreams are what started the chain of events leading to the curiousity that has brought me to ATS. A troll I am not.

Thanks Des
edit on 5-3-2013 by Kalmah because: Thank Des for the warm welcome

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalmah

I did say sorry in my own way..
In english....I am sorry for silly alcohol induced comments

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Of course you are special, we all are in one way or another.

So nice to meet you!!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalmah

The 3 orbs represent the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The bridge of wood represents grace and the rope represents mercy. Mercy is throwing someone a rope; grace is giving them a place to set their feet.

Grace and mercy have been taken out of the teachings of Christ and instead have been replaced with messages of law, and abiding law, and also with teachings of entitlement and works.

If you have read the Bible, you would know that anytime anyone came into close contact with the power of God, it rendered them terrified, sick, and useless. And unless God strengthened them, they had no power, and were terrified to speak.

You don't have past lives. But you do have a spirit which is given to you by the eternal God and He can communicate anything to you He chooses.

If you have read also, you know that God said that Elijah had to come back. And then later Jesus explained to the disciples that Elijah had indeed come back, his name was John the Baptist. It was not Elijah's soul that was in John the Baptist; but rather, it was the same spirit of candor that was given to Elijah that was also given to John; and so John was Elijah returned. We know it wasn't Elijah's soul that returned because earlier the Pharisees asked John the Baptist, "Are you Elias? Or are you the saviour?" And John the Baptist said "No I am not; but I am come to make way for the Son of Man."

So a spirit of character can be given to you; but you cannot possess or be the soul of another. You are exactly who you are, and if you are one of God's children, you always will be, and perfected at His return.

According to your dream, you were instructed in your heart and in your spirit of the ways of God as you were growing up that you could share mercy and grace with those around you and so that you could make straight the paths of His children to make ready for His return.

We are told by God in Job that we receive instruction from the dreams which God gives us. And then He opens our ears and seals our instructions; so because of our dreams, we pay attention in our waking life to the world and learn a great deal because of what God has placed on our hearts. And we also share these. These dreams are prophecies, and they are seals.

God also told us that He would pour out His Spirit upon all flesh in the last days, and we would dream dreams and see visions. The reason why God pours out His Spirit upon all flesh in the last days is because the churches have gotten everything all wrong and have corrupted themselves and put a shame to the name of God; a shame that doesn't belong to God, because God is worthy of all greatness, glory, and praise. So God is calling His elect out from all walks of life, all kinds of people; people that Christians wouldn't even touch with their thoughts will be chosen as a witness against those who claim His name and care nothing for His Spirit of mercy and grace.

His good news is good for those who are humble in spirit. Those who are weak, He makes strong. He comes to save sinners; not the righteous in their own eyes. He sits with the those whom people reject and eats with them and helps them and instructs them. He doesn't judge you for your vices; He shows you how to love so that you are willing to love of your own will, and that you will feel compelled of the love within you to share with everyone that which has been given to you.

The power of God is very frightening and overcoming. He protects many of us with a veil that we are not destroyed in ourselves because of our sorrows.

When Daniel dreamed dreams; one day he was praying at a river. And he prayed for a long time. There were others with him but they were chased off by tremors. And then God showed up in a certain form and presented Himself to Daniel and Daniel became like a statue in the middle of having a heart attack. He couldn't even pick his head up or even speak. His sins, which had long passed, turned upon his flesh in the form of great sorrows and his body was wretched and afraid of the power of God. But God strengthened him, and told him, "Yes, I do love you very much! And from the moment that you started praying, the command was given immediately that you should be answered and well cared for. Be strong, man, yeah, Be strong!" And God strengthened him further. And then God proceeded to tell Daniel about all events that would take place from that very moment all the way up until the second coming of Jesus Christ.

It's all in the book of Daniel.

And most of the information was sealed because a lot of it was hard to digest. And Daniel asked for the interpretation and God said, "Go your way, Daniel, and live your life. For the world will increase with knowledge and people will run to and fro."

The information has been sealed up until now. It's time to fix that bridge brother.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Wow, very interesting TarzanBeta. I must confess, I was not born into a religious family. I do not refuse to believe in God, or a creator, but I am skeptical to many of the trends of modern religion. I consider myself spiritual, but not really religious. I'm certainly open to all theories.

So what you mean by "repair that bridge brother" is to share mercy and grace with those around me and to teach others to make ready for His return?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalmah
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Wow, very interesting TarzanBeta. I must confess, I was not born into a religious family. I do not refuse to believe in God, or a creator, but I am skeptical to many of the trends of modern religion. I consider myself spiritual, but not really religious. I'm certainly open to all theories.

So what you mean by "repair that bridge brother" is to share mercy and grace with those around me and to teach others to make ready for His return?

That's it.

I warn you now -- do not get caught up in crazy doctrines and laws. Don't let self-proclaimed Christians push you around or tell you that you have to "obey this" or "obey that".

But at the same time, don't be tolerant of things that you know aren't right; even if you're tempted to think some of those things are alright.

Jesus Christ came to save His children. He didn't come to beat them over the head with a law book.

He gave two commandments; Love God with all your heart, mind and soul; and the other like it, love your neighbor as yourself.

Short, simple, sweet, and True. Jesus Christ is our God and King and our Salvation, so we love Him. And He said that in order to love Him, we obey Him (by means of the Holy Spirit that He gives us; His guidance with our conscience), and we take care of the weak, the needy, the "ugly and smelly", the criminals, the fools, the red-headed orphans, and the whiny widows -- we don't judge, we serve. Mercy and Grace.

But Christians with their chin-up and their eyes forward and their pride behind them and underneath their feet, and their righteousness; well, if they already have it figured out, then what need have they of Jesus and His mercy and His grace?

But WE need Him because we are weak. We are lowly, and we are actually sorry for our mistakes instead of trying to justify them for ourselves. But Jesus says, "Let me be Judge."

But also, we are to judge things properly in this world still. He did not say do not judge; he just said, "Judge not, lest you be judged." This means that you should be paying attention to yourself and getting yourself right before you think about trying to correct someone else.

If you're continue making a mistake, and yet you ream someone out for that same mistake, or judge them for it, then you're double the fool.

But, if you have made a mistake in the past, and you have corrected that mistake, then you can share your experiences with those who suffer those same mistakes -- and because you went through it, you won't condemn them, but you will understand them, and want to show compassion, and love them, and help them get through it.

This is what a Christian is. Mercy and Grace.

No brow beating, no law slamming down on your head;

But for those of us that learn to take on the name of Jesus Christ, we definitely should take on His form to the best of our ability, and ask Him to help us take on that form-- we do not want to take on the name of Jesus Christ in vain; what good is His name to us if we do not take on His form?

But then we would be hypocrites, and cause the world to hate the Name by which we are called because we call ourselves "Jesus Christ" and yet we act like fools, and we punish people with the law when we ourselves can't even follow that law, a law that has been fulfilled, and is now dead, and our body should be dead with that law, and our minds dead to that law.

If everyone knew the truth about Jesus Christ, nobody would have a problem with calling Him Lord!
But Satan has performed excellently in confusing people, and causing people to act foolish, and to cause people to take on a name that does not belong to them.

And so Satan has caused people to blaspheme the name of God.

And Satan will soon take his place inside the temple of man, the human body, and will possess him. And he will call himself "Christ" and he will cause many that say they are Christian to follow him. And many will be fooled.

And he will make a promise with the people. But then he will be revealed as Satan after a little while, and many people will understand that they had actually been following Satan the whole time.

Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice, and they follow me."

Satan draws the world to himself; and this is how the wheat and the chaff will be divided. People like Law. People thrive off of law. They can't get enough.

Satan will give to people, in the name of Christ, a means of "saving themselves". he will say to people, "If you do this, you will be saved." But salvation cannot be earned! It is a GIFT from God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

So then, the decision will be this easy. Those who choose to follow the law of Satan posing as Christ will die. And those who choose to love and obey God in Heaven rather than men will live. Love God, Love people. Don't be easily fooled. Pray often.
edit on 3/16/2013 by TarzanBeta because: minus "w" times 2

new topics

top topics

join