It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{Very Interesting Video} What Would You Do If You Walked Into A Murder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I found this video to be quite interesting and thought I should share it.
Perhaps i'm trying to politicize it too much but this is just like politics!

People are so dumb and they chose not to care until it's them.
So many people got scared and just left, sure maybe they ran to call the cops but the cops would come after the victim got murdered.

It's different for girls I realize that, showing a single woman or an elderly person was innaplicable.

See for yourself

What are your thoughts on this ATS?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Not fair

I know exactly what I would do

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Incredibly irresponsible.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I doubt I would have thought it was a murder in progress. You cant really see what's happening beyond two idiots rolling around on the ground. The rope isnt very obvious.

Reasons why I wouldnt help are this litigious society and getting myself involved with police. Any physical harm to my person would be an after thought.

I wonder if some Samaritan had shot the attacker would this stunt have been worth it?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow! The guy at the end who pulled out his phone and started recording...What a piece of [snipped]
edit on Tue Mar 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Kick the killer in the neck or kill him out right and examine the vic for harm or wounds of any kind.
Never play games like that unless you are in a coastal city.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Bystander Effect

But that's the opposite of what's going on in the video
The bystander effect is for bystanders remaining passive in large crowds
These are 1-2 people max.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
First i would run to my car and bring it around in front, then i would grab my blanket and help the guy dispose of the body.

But if someone was going to spend the time and money to produce such a video do you think they would still air it if all the people were helping out?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Bystander Effect

But that's the opposite of what's going on in the video
The bystander effect is for bystanders remaining passive in large crowds
These are 1-2 people max.

It doesn't have to be large crowds. It's the effect of a bystander not becoming involved out of their own fear of liability or the responsibility of getting involved.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ballsy video to try I say. The actors are lucky nobody pulled an actual weapon and attacked the supposed attacker. I carry a fixed blade knife on me almost all the time and would not have hesitated to back this guy off with it had the doors opened up on me. I would not say I would have tried to kill him as I would have no clue what the circumstances were....what if the one appearing to be the victim was the initial attacker and the guy happened to get the upper hand....it all depends on the situation I suppose.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If I walked into that situation, I could just kick the guy under the nose with an upward swing. That would push his nose into his skull. These guys making this video were kind of stupid if the video was real and the people weren't acting. A person who knows how could easily kill that guy doing the choking in that situation.

I suppose I would be needing a lawyer if this happened in front of me. Ten grand minimum legal fees and finally found innocent can make a person learn not to help others in need. Everyone else in the courtroom would also learn to walk away from this situation.

Walk away and call the cops is the best thing unless you know the person getting choked.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Dangerous experiment, if I had been there he would have had a size 11 plimsoll embedded in his face in a flash!

Saying that, it is unfair to criticise other people as it is not always worth getting involved and putting your own life at risk. Especially since you don't know if the guys got a knife or gun or who knows! Either the Adrenaline kicks in or you freeze and can't react.

All that said, the guy at the end filming was a complete dunce. Even if he was filming for evidence it's better to save a life and have no evidence than to be able to show the police who killed a man.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Explanation: S&F!

Amazingly confronting video!

I, ... after taking a mere moment to size up and asses the situation, ... would act on my principles AND would therefor step in immediately and violently accost the aggressor strangling the victim!

Personal Disclosure: I noticed that about 50% of the males shown in the video acted [or tried to] in a similar manner and I applaud the male who immediately crash tackled the actor who played the aggressor!

I also applaud the females who took any kind of a stand!

I do NOT blame any one else for any of their own actions as it was a potential life and death situation and that also includes the bloke at the end who had presence of mind to capture the incident on the fone camera!

You do what you can to stay alive ok! Duty of Care is a personal executive choice that each of us must make on our own!

I seriously applaud those who had the gumption to make such a video as it is quite revealing!

new topics

top topics

join