It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Station teacher under investigation for chalkboard message

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
raist,
thanks for explaining yourself. although i disagree with your assessment, i appreciate your input. thanks for the reply.
edit on 5-3-2013 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Well to a point I have the problem of dropping my thoughts on people like this teacher did. It makes me unpopular at times but people get my point. Often times bosses do not like to be told their idea is not going to work and then when you show them it does not they get a bit more upset
It is a good thing I know my job and that I am good at it

Same goes for co-workers and family. I have been terribly blunt at times simply because being nice and trying to soften the blow does not work. People seem to be getting used to a coddled form of life.

I do though think this teachers actions are going to hurt the chances of some teachers being able to carry to keep future shootings from aking place.

Raist

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i have no problem w teachers using guns to protect the students its when teachers want to use their guns to threaten students that i have a problem. lets see if more info comes out that the teacher actually had guns in class or something to that effect. the case is under investigation.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

I can agree that it is wrong for teachers to threaten kids with guns. I am not sure this was a direct threat like that though. I guess that is were we will disagree. We will findout as you said though later when the investigation is done.

I actually hope this turns out like I think and it is just some teacher blowing off steam (although in a manner deemed incorrect) and not a teacher who really had a gun. I really hope for the sake of teachers right to carry that he does not even own a gun.

Raist

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
He`s an adult he`s suppose to be a professional teacher if he lets a bunch of kids get under his skin like that then he isn`t fit to be a teacher or fit to be called an adult,it`s good that he was fired, it sounds like he was burned out with teaching anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
He`s an adult he`s suppose to be a professional teacher if he lets a bunch of kids get under his skin like that then he isn`t fit to be a teacher or fit to be called an adult,it`s good that he was fired, it sounds like he was burned out with teaching anyway.

Don't forget that more brainless parents than ever, who have been the victims of a poor educational system with no indications on the rights and wrongs of life, have been rutting to produce more brainless spawn (who also have no ideas about the rights and wrongs of life), who in turn behave like little brainless-spawn criminals who unsurprisingly, have no respect for any teachers and/or possibly their own brainless parents.

Where's the M-16? I've had it with stupid people and their stupid spawn

Just saying but you also have to take these words into consideration

Maybe this teacher picked the wrong line of work or you could ask, how much abuse should teachers (who are only trying to help the kids) have to take? There's a line in there somewhere.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by geldib
I don't think he was talking about literal guns, just that he was prepared for them to act up. If he has been a teacher that many years hes probably warn out from teaching and the students in that class take advantage of it, and he was letting them know that he wasn't going to put up with it any longer. It was a very poor choice of words to use, and he should have known better, but sometimes we all get so frustrated we don't think about the consequences of our actions.
edit on 5-3-2013 by geldib because: (no reason given)

It doesn't matter what he meant by it. He should be Fired for his blind stupidity. Criminally prosecuted for making death threats to those children and restricted from approaching any public school for the remainder of his life. Even if it's all a big misunderstanding, we have to set a threatening example of this guy. That'll put an end to any future nonsense like this.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

I don't think he was talking about literal guns, just that he was prepared for them to act up. If he has been a teacher that many years hes probably warn out from teaching and the students in that class take advantage of it, and he was letting them know that he wasn't going to put up with it any longer. It was a very poor choice of words to use, and he should have known better, but sometimes we all get so frustrated we don't think about the consequences of our actions.

It doesn't matter what he meant by it. He should be Fired for his blind stupidity. Criminally prosecuted for making death threats to those children and restricted from approaching any public school for the remainder of his life. Even if it's all a big misunderstanding, we have to set a threatening example of this guy. That'll put an end to any future nonsense like this.

You have no idea what he has been through with those brats to make any judgement on the issue. You act like hes the( only person in the wrong. If he had of just punished the students then he would have to deal with their parents who think their kids can do no wrong. Its a no-win situation for the teacher.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ok, I couldn't discern wether the teacher was fed up, HOWEVER, does anyone here know what the schools are like there?? There are gangs and things of that sort in the schools. Being that Lake Station is right next door to Gary, once the murder capital of the world, Well, I don't have to explain to much there. Maybe he was trying to get his point across in a way the students would understand. Not that I'm condoning what he did, but look at the over all picture. Trust me, where i grew up in Lake Station until I was 7, I wouldn't walk down the street without a loaded weapon, and definatly not alone.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
would be interesting to see what an investigation turns up. i can see at least a couple different things that might have happened.

one possibility that this teacher of this apparently "problem class" snapped and possibly needing "stress leave" (read medically retired). one person can only take so much. we don't know what he has been through and what may have happened that day. even generally good classes can have some stressful days, just think about what a stressful day with a "problem class" could be like. the fact that he walked out and possibly wrote this makes for a good case for mental stress leave (or temporary insanity plea). most likely in this type of case said teacher should not receive punishment, and at the same time probably should not be teaching anymore either. but hey he has 30 years in so he should be able to retire.

another option is that he DID NOT write it at all. and that after he left the class some student wrote it. it's not that far fetched even. false accusations and things like this do happen to teachers more and more these days from what i hear from teacher friends. one reason i think classrooms should be recorded to both protect students and teachers.

but chances are we will never know what really happened. regardless a good part of the investigation should focus on that class and the students. after all a "good teacher for 30 years" would not normally write something like this on a whim and if he did write it then what the heck set him off in the first place. teachers are can be abused just like anyone else and just like for anyone else abuse should not be tolerated. they did do the correct thing by removing the teacher until it has been figured out tho.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You have no idea what he has been through with those brats to make any judgement on the issue. You act like hes the( only person in the wrong. If he had of just punished the students then he would have to deal with their parents who think their kids can do no wrong. Its a no-win situation for the teacher.

I'm glad you feel sympathy for the teacher. But I only care about our kids. I don't particularly care about what the teacher is going through. He's an Adult. There are any number of things an Adult can do, to address his mental frustration. Saying 'the guns are loaded' and 'care to try me' is not one of them. In fact, feeling justified in expressing yourself like that, could be the beginning signs of mental destabilization.

What would you have said, if the school shrugged it off like you, and he went through with his threat and shot those kids? Would you still repeat the same nonsense? We should really set higher standards than that.

Fire his rear end! Let him vent it out with a psychiatrist, not our children.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Something in me says he was not talking literal guns.

Being that I am from a time when teachers were still allowed to use the paddle I took it as his arms (guns also seems to be used when talking about arms/biceps with some mocho type guys).
Aww, thats cute.

"the guns are loaded"
"care to try me"

And you think it means he wants to Bake a Cake.

EDIT: Some Riverfront Property just came Available on the River De-Nile.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Lake Station is poor enough i go there everyday for work, so lets waste money on an investigation on some bs the city is a dump who cares. Most of the people if asked would probably care less anyways thats their attitude in that region. Unless they just want their 15 minutes of fame for the year.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'm glad you feel sympathy for the teacher. But I only care about our kids. I don't particularly care about what the teacher is going through. He's an Adult. There are any number of things an Adult can do, to address his mental frustration. Saying 'the guns are loaded' and 'care to try me' is not one of them. In fact, feeling justified in expressing yourself like that, could be the beginning signs of mental destabilization.

What would you have said, if the school shrugged it off like you, and he went through with his threat and shot those kids? Would you still repeat the same nonsense? We should really set higher standards than that.

Fire his rear end! Let him vent it out with a psychiatrist, not our children.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

At what age is your cut off point for giving a damn about people?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Did anyone ever get the name of the teacher??? As I have friends who probably know the teacher. Like I said before, maybe he was trying to convey a message in a way the students can understand. It is sad, but the school requirements of Lake County schools are alot lower than those of surrounding counties. My freshman year I went to Gary Wirt, the stuff they were covering in my science class we covered in 7th grade in Chesterton.

Yes, Lake Station, and Gary back in the day were beautiful places. The first time I ever went through downtown Gary, I was almost in tears to see such beautiful buildings boarded up, windows broke out ect...ect....

Edit: Don't know if Lake Station schools are like Gary, but over 20 odd yrs ago, we had actual POLICE officers that monitored the halls. And just a question, About how many students do you think had some sort of weapon on them?? Knives ect..ect....

Oh yeah, the river front property for sale is on Deep River, in Lake Station. Ever heard of the Deep River Band??? Thats where they came from.
edit on 7-3-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
he was a business teacher who has been there 30 years, that ought to narrow it down. i saw the news report that showed the school meeting and the kids in his class look like the your typical teenagers, they didn't look like they were packing heat or thugs or anything like that. if this teacher can't control a class without resorting to threats of violence, he shouldn't be teaching.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

No need to talk down to someone when you disagree. I explained myself very well.

If you do not like guns fine. It was not a direct threat in my eyes. This teacher has had a good record for years, and suddenly you are making it out as if he is going to shoot the place up. Your fear and the medias fear of guns is making this more of a sitiation than it is.

If it is that bad why have they not come forward with his guns or gun? Certainly if this were a threat and the police felt it was a threat we would have seen his home searched and his weapons brought to light?

Oh thats right just talking about guns is scary. God forbid if a kid makes a paper gun, a poptart gun or even puts their hand in the shape of a gun they are deemed a killer. This teacher might have went a bit far (and he needs to be on stress leave for that), but I doubt it is a literal threat. This is just more fear mongering by the gun grab crowd.

Edit to add: Also you might want to prove that he wrote it to begin with. After all he did leave the class room right? Where is his side of the story?

Raist
edit on 3/7/13 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No offense but really ..... Writing !!

First off it sounded metaphorical right off the bat, secondly we live in a time when kids are growing up not caring about anyone but themselves and sex and thinking that controlling people is cool ... I for one experience it in my last year of high school ( IMO most high schoolers and now even middle schoolers.) and lastly many fail to see the unfair lines drawn between the tutor and the student ... Iam not saying its ok to threaten or such but those students aren't being corrected they get scolded once and that just provokes then to continue like its a game .. And they are suppose to be our future ... If those kids are gunna be our future the government might as well take over I mean think about it if they wanted to dumb us down they definitely did so to the kids ( especially by placing a gap between the parents that should be there teaching them common sense )

All in all this teacher shouldn't get in trouble just warned about threat like words even written, and we all need to calm down because we are under stress think of a parent getting constantly nagged on by your kid ... You're gunna tell the to "shhh" at first then "to be quiet" and lastly to "shut up" and if hey reach max you become agitated and almost or yell to shut the **** up".... So I think we all have it in us to reach a point of too much stress and do absurd things ...and in this case at least he used words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join