It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your go to sandwich?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Do hamburgers count??

A nice patty melt does wonders for the soul, IMHO.
Medium well, swiss cheese, grilled onions, toasted rye,

A close second:
BLT
White bread, mayo, lost of bacon, romaine and tomatoes out of the backyard...so a very seasonal offering.

Follow up:
turkey on toasted rye with onions, melted swiss and cole slaw.
Messy but heavenly....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Nothing fancy for me thank you, but mine might seem strange to some on this thread.

Real turkey breast with dressing and real whole cranberries on whatever the freshest bread I can find.

Damn now I am off tomorrow to hunt down a turkey breast to toss in the oven.
Delicious thread I might add.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There is nothing more rewarding to me than a roasted tomato & cheese sandwich with some soup
that brings me happiness... yep !
ok ! maybe there are other things too but this is hard to beat

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Gotta go with Heff...coming from the South, pulled barbecue pork sandwiches are to DIE for. I'm a barbecue nut, though...there isn't much that I won't put BBQ sauce on, but only the two Carolina BBQs: sweet tomato-based with honey and brown sugar, or the classic Carolina Gold!

Aside from my unhealthy obsession with all things barbecue, I have a few other favorite sandwiches...

Croque-Monsieur - grilled ham and cheese (Emmental or Gruyère) on French bread and in mornay or béchamel sauce...and I like to add a tomato slice in mine (which technically makes it a croque-provençal)

Monte Cristo - same as a croque-monsieur except you dip it in egg batter and fry it, and you don't cover it in mornay or béchamel sauce...you sprinkle powdered sugar over it and serve it with raspberry jam

Peanut Butter and Banana - white bread, peanut butter, banana slices, and maybe a touch of honey and cinnamon

Those are just a few favorites of mine...I, too, have engaged in sandwich promiscuity all of my life, hahaha...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I can't resist a good Rueben:

or a good Monte Cristo:

Mmmmmmm

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Three letters.

B.L.T

Its more of a way of life rather than a sandwich, if my sandwich history is correct the BLT originates from the time of Jesus when he fed the 500 with on foot long BLT form subway. It truly is a divine sandwich that all should eat on the Sabbath as this was the sandwich that prevented nuclear war, and it is said was even eaten as the last super and it was directly responsible for killing Bin Laden and wining WWII on D-Day.

Some have also speculated that it is the only thing the stig can eat and the only thing that makes chuck Norris weep because he knows that there does exist something more awesome than him.

I may be exaggerating the historical significance of this sandwich but all the same it is epic.

or it might be a macmuffin.....

edit on 6-3-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by Hefficide

Gotta go with Heff...coming from the South, pulled barbecue pork sandwiches are to DIE for. I'm a barbecue nut, though...there isn't much that I won't put BBQ sauce on, but only the two Carolina BBQs: sweet tomato-based with honey and brown sugar, or the classic Carolina Gold!

Aside from my unhealthy obsession with all things barbecue, I have a few other favorite sandwiches...

Croque-Monsieur - grilled ham and cheese (Emmental or Gruyère) on French bread and in mornay or béchamel sauce...and I like to add a tomato slice in mine (which technically makes it a croque-provençal)

Monte Cristo - same as a croque-monsieur except you dip it in egg batter and fry it, and you don't cover it in mornay or béchamel sauce...you sprinkle powdered sugar over it and serve it with raspberry jam

Peanut Butter and Banana - white bread, peanut butter, banana slices, and maybe a touch of honey and cinnamon

Those are just a few favorites of mine...I, too, have engaged in sandwich promiscuity all of my life, hahaha...

Croque Monsieur is one of my favorites too.

And you should try Banana and Nutella sandwiches or crepes. Yummy.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Ooh, I LOVE Nutella! I've never tried it with banana, I bet it's delicious...I'll have to try it.

edit on 3/6/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I just thought of another weird one.

Peanut Butter and lettuce ...crunchy fresh lettuce on fresh fresh bread , if you don't drink milk with this you are nuts and should not be reading this post.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 6-3-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
First would be pastrami on lightly toasted rye. No cheese, lots of mayo.

Second would be chewy bacon on lightly toasted rye. No cheese, lots of mayo.

When I am pregnant, it is a fried egg sandwich with a tiny amount of ketchup.

Can't Stand any cheese on sandwiches unless it happens to be a grilled cheese.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

an authentic Atlantic City White House Cheese Steak Sub (Hogie)
www.lawrenceyerkes.com...

You can't eat them often but what a sandwich! OMG...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by Kharron

Ooh, I LOVE Nutella! I've never tried it with banana, I bet it's delicious...I'll have to try it.

You have to try Nutella with sliced strawberries! Oddball combo but tastes divine!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

That sounds AMAZING. I seriously need to try that ASAP.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In one direction, "turkey", lettuce, and "cheese" (vegetarian turkey and cheese). And I almost always have to put some potato chips on my sandwich.

In the other direction, peanut butter (creamy) and grape jelly.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well I'm a bit of a simple person when it comes to sandwiches. If someone handed me a tuna sandwich on toasted honey oat bread with tomato, lettuce, cucumbers and black olives on it, with a bag of doritos. I would be just about the happiest girl in the world until I got hungry again that is.
That or chorizo on toasted italian bread with mayonaise, savora, lattuce and tomato and Im just as happy.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Sirloin steak, thinly sliced, fried in butter.
Add sliced mushrooms. When done, place on
Portugese bread. Add Spanish onion, lettuce
(homegrown Tango in summer), tomato (homegrown
Purple Cherokee), American cheese (Land of Lakes),
H&G Hot cherry peppers (I tried other brands;
these taste the best for me).

Drizzle salad dressing over.

My Salad Dressing:

5 oz Olive Oil, virgin
2 oz Red Wine Vinegar (adjust to taste...)
1 oz Water (or adjust this to taste)

1 Tbl Ketchup (Hunts prefered)
1 Tbl Chili Sauce (America's Choice prefered)
2 Tsp Dijon Mustard

1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/3 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
1 pinch Tarragon

Mix in sealable container and refigerate.
Occasionally shake to mix over 24 hours.
Will coagulate eventually so remove for
an hour or so to warm before use.

Otherwise, substitute hard salami without cheese.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

oh man thats a tough q, lol

#1 PHILLY CHEESE STEAK

#2 STEAK N CHEESE (there is a difference heh)

#3 chicken stir fry #9 from dangelos

4 roast beef still walking, shaved, cooked with honey garlic red wine. lettuce, extra mayo , provalone on potatoe bread or any bread really

5 jack and jill on rye bread same setup as above

6 Roast Beef, Corned Beef and Pastrami for with swiss blue cheese onions mustard lettuce

basically anything you would find in a new york jew deli,,, id be at home with lol , that was the only thing i cared about when we took trips to new york as a kid,,, but are we going to go to the delis? lol accept you can only get a cheese steak in PHILLY and you can only get the best homemade steak n cheese at my place with deli slicer and flat top to boot ^^

can you tell i like my sammys? heh

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

4 roast beef still walking, shaved, cooked with honey garlic red wine

That sounds DELICIOUS. Where do you get it? Or do you cook it yourself?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I like my Sandwiches a touch Demoniacally deadly

I like Dick smith BBQ sauce it starts out fruity and then it hits you it is so spicy and hot it makes your stomach acid taste like sweet, warm and Meaty all at the same time first time I tried it I Nearly ended up in the Emergency Room it was that spicy.

I got used to it and then the pri**s in Parliament took it off the market.

www.dicksmithfoods.com.au...

edit on 7/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

I'm a barbecue fanatic...and any place that has a government that takes BBQ sauce off of the shelves is not a place that I ever want to be.

What was their reasoning behind this crime against barbecue?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join