It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop to youth resisting arrest...Move or Die! Justifed use of excessive force?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Officer Disraeli Arnold, a Hurst police officer, has been suspended indefinitetly. Good to hear but this is just another example of the mentality of these kinds of officers. This is an ever growing trend in America and it's good to see some accountabilty from the Hurst PD, to take action. But sadly he will probably be on the force some where else.

CBS Story Here

edit on 5-3-2013 by WonderLustKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's spotty. It sounds like they're outnumbered by at least 3 civilians to 2 officers, and the second officer came into the situation a bit hot. I think he was under the impression the other officer was in more trouble than we can see, given our perspective of a few minutes of footage. "Move and die" is a bit excessive of language ... but when you're outnumbered, anxiety can take over. Not that I'm giving the officer an excuse for antagonizing the suspect, of course. Completely out of line.

I don't know if he should have been suspended indefinitely, but certainly an assessment of his self control considering he elbow'd the guy for no reason.

We also don't know the locations crime rate, if guns are prevalent, what the conditions are ... anything. The cop could have been in a seedy neighborhood where a cop was shot last night and this guy is a suspect. We don't know enough information to pass judgement on an internet forum.

Let's also not forget that the kid was clearly resisting arrest. That never goes down well. Excessive language? Yes. Antagonizing the suspect? Yes. Cause of indefinite suspension? Not in my opinion. These behaviors can be corrected with proper training, and if not, let him go.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderLustKing

Are we that suprised to see Officer's of the Law acting this way? After seeing so many video's like this, it becomes the norm (In no way makes threatning kids w/ "Move and Die). I understand cops are under a lot of stress but it doesn't account for the cowboy mentality most of these individuals have.

I'm glad to hear he was suspended indefinately, though your absolutley correct that he will most likely be at another station serving again sooner rather than not ever again.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Yes and when anxiety takes over THESE are the people supposed to be trained to handle the situation properly.

He isn't...wasn't...no excuses.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Yes and when anxiety takes over THESE are the people supposed to be trained to handle the situation properly.

He isn't...wasn't...no excuses.

I agree with you to some extent. However no matter how much training you receive, certain circumstances on certain days in certain situations will cause anyone to act out of character. I'm not saying that should excuse him from being reviewed .. I'm just saying it's the reality of our psyche.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Arnold 654

has been fired after an investigation into his conduct during an arrest determined unprofessional behavior. The Texas police officer was recorded on video threatening a teen and using profane language.
americanlivewire.com...
www.nbcdfw.com...

new topics

top topics

join