It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misconceptions about Christianity ;+)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Quote: "If that's a good outcome for you, then be a Buddhist."

I can't be a Buddhist & a Christian & a Scientist at the same time? I believe that I can & that it is ALL compatible!!!

What if I don't believe that the "GOD" that Jesus talked about (ABBA/Father) was NOT YHVH but a Different "GOD" - a "Living God" a "Loving God". I don't find that YHVH contains these Charateristics - am I alone on this? Christianity is not just another name for Judaism you know!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
YHVH is about the only family I have near me lately.

He's wonderful to me; I drag Him with me everywhere.

Never puts up a fuss.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Quote: "*He's* wonderful to me."

So what are you saying - GOD is Male in Gender?

Why do people refer to the Almighty Supreme Universal God as "He".

If you ask me "YahVeh" is a Primitive Conceptual God - Dreamed up by a Primitive & Savage People -
Many, Many, Many Generations ago!

Why should I care about Abraham's Covenant with God? I will make one with "IT" (I mean the Good "IT" Arky
) myself!!!

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
His Will is Male; His Spirit is doubt-full, questioning--you might say, Female.

Why would you be interested in having anything to do with the Being who designed our DNA, who understands multi-dimensional relationships because S/He experiences ALL dimensions simultaneously?

Well, let me tell you. I hang out with Him/Her because S/HE is absolutely the most fascinating CHARACTER I have ever met--hands down.

Absolutely cool.

All the others are just names in books.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg

Well, let me tell you. I hang out with Him/Her because S/HE is absolutely the most fascinating CHARACTER I have ever met--hands down.
Absolutely cool.

Cool what do you two do on a dtae, go bowling? Have a nice night in with a GOOD BOOK? Ever double date with a friend and Allah?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
We just mingle our thoughts. No big deal.

And I laugh; and I even made Him laugh, couple of times.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And I laugh; and I even made Him laugh, couple of times.

Are you actually telling us you think you have physically made God laugh? You have produced such comical thought or language to induce a fit of laughter from God himself!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I felt a giggle.

[Sigh] ... but not lately. Things and thoughts are very serious now.

Serious and heavy.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Emily without being patronising or even mischievous, I am starting to get more than a little bit worried about your mental health. Maybe you need someone to TALK to. And by that I mean an actual real live person.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente

What if I don't believe that the "GOD" that Jesus talked about (ABBA/Father) was NOT YHVH but a Different "GOD" - a "Living God" a "Loving God". I don't find that YHVH contains these Charateristics - am I alone on this? Christianity is not just another name for Judaism you know!

Here are some verses from the old testament that shows Yaweh as a good and loving God.

I am the Father you have been looking for, I know you. Psalm 139:1
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness. Jeremiah 31:3
Although the whole earth is mine you will be my treasured possession. Exodus 19:5
If you seek me, you will find me, if you look for me with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight yourself in Me and I will give you the desires of your heart Psalm 37:4
I am close to you when you are brokenhearted Psalm 34:18
Like a Shepherd I gather you and carry you close to My heart. Isaiah 40:11
Put your hope in Me and I will renew your strengyth. You will soar on wings like eagles; you will run and not grow weary, you will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

The reason He comes accross so harsh in a lot of the old testament is because the Israelites kept on worshipping other gods and turning their back on the true living God.

The reason for the law in the old testament was to show us that it is impossible to keep it, that is why we need Jesus, He clothes us with righteousness, that is His blood.

Jesus quoted from the old testemant all the time, how can He be representing a different God?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ABBA, yeah they didsome good songs in the 70's though hey!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I realize it's nearly four in the morning there and you've gone off to bed.

But, honestly, I have plenty of people to talk to--real human types.

I have plenty of work to do.

I have five kids and four grandkids and they're all "top drawer"!

So, don't worry about me.

Yes, I get melancholy when the weather is rainy and cold, and I'm here with these two dogs that want me to go marching and slogging through the muck and the mire.

But, I'm okay. There's nothing wrong with my mental health. I've been checked out [when the tumors showed up]; and I got a clean mental bill of health.

So, relax.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I realize it's nearly four in the morning there and you've gone off to bed.

Actually only twenty minutes to three in the morning.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I have five kids and four grandkids and they're all "top drawer"!

You keep all the kids and grandkids in your top draw. Social Services may not like to hear about that.Don't they all suffocate in there?Do you leave your socks in there too, keeps them warm I suppose.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
No, my children do very well. They lack nothing.

And when Justice is finally done, I will lack nothing as well.

My children are all very materialistic and socially and politically correct.

I am more--uh--difficult. I cut to the chase because I have been aware of the other dimensions since I was a child; and there is no way that these simpleton New World Order Globalists are going to tell me, their Elitist system is going to work.

So, I trot out God--YHVH--and I say to Him,

"Honey, this is all your babies. And they're being ground to dust by predators, hoarders and pilferers."

And He says to me,

"Yes, I know. We have to allow the planet to get emptied somewhat."

And I ask Him,

"Who's gonna be LEFT, My Lord?"

And He says:

"For the meek themselves shall inhabit the earth; and they will find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."

And I say, "Wow. Cool."

And where do YOU want me to be. Am I meek too?"

"Oh no," YHVH says, "You have some work to do for My Will, and then I am going to bring you right here where I am; and you will have to learn to adapt to the Light Form that never gets to touch anything; but whose Thoughts can merely traverse Eternity."

And I say, "Uh, is this fun?"

And YHVH says, "I think it's fun to create worlds. Maybe you can discover that too."

And so I'm helpless, Teller, in His Embrace.

[sigh] But in the meantime, I have work to do, that the NWO agents cannot prevent from occurring.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Quote: "*He's* wonderful to me."

So what are you saying - GOD is Male in Gender?

Maybe you can stop being immature and annoying for people to have conversations with?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
By trade I'm a teacher. I get people irritated enough to start thinking for themselves again [I hope].

Is that bad?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
mm... actually i have no problem with that in cristianity what i hate is thaht thing about only one life and if u make a mistake go to hell

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Quote: "Jesus quoted from the old testemant all the time, how can He be representing a different God?"

Well here is something that you are probably unaware of the TORAH (I.E. Old Testament = the Anglicized version of that Book) - Which is Written in Hebrew is NOT a 100% creation of the Hebrew people. They
"Borrowed " some of the stories from other Peoples & then later added their own stuff to it. Abraham was a Sumerian & Moses was an EGYPTIAN! Do you have any idea how closely linked "Israel" & the Egyptians & Babylonians are? How many times is EGYPT mentioned in the Torah? A WHOLE LOT my friend! "Genesis" is a story "Borrowed" from Zoroastrian Mythology!!!

P.S. He also criticized the Pharisees a whole lot too! Do you believe that
"CORUPTION" is a modern invention?

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Whatever the Scriptures are, whoever wrote them, whatever effects they create in time, God has accepted the work they do, as being in Harmony with His Will.

Imperfect, broken as they are and as we are, He has Mercy and utilizes it al and us all, anyway.

God is the one taking responsibility for the outcome.

Is that not good enough for you? Or do you think you can do a better job some other way?

Tell us.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join