It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Pilot Reports Spotting 'DRONE' Over Brooklyn (JFK)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Pilot reports spotting 'drone' over Brooklyn

edition.cnn.com

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating a report from a pilot of an Alitalia passenger jet who says he saw an unmanned aircraft while landing at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York.

"We saw a drone, a drone aircraft," the pilot can be heard telling controllers on radio calls captured by the website LiveATC.net.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rt.com
newsfeed.time.com
newsfeed.time.com
edit on 5-3-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I am sure that many on ATS particularly Americans will find this story interesting, it turns out that the FAA are investigating this mystery drone.

There are a few links below that contain further information.

Please feel free to add your thoughts.

I for one want to know more about what Drone it was and what it was doing but so far have not read anything to elaborate on this.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Certainly gives one the impression we can only expect more and more unmanned vehicles to be patrolling the skies.

Flying unmanned aerial vehicles is illegal for most business purposes; however, governments and public entities such as police departments can apply for permission to operate them.

The FAA has been working to setup new rules and to safely integrate the use of unmanned aircraft into the national air space, and last year opened an "unmanned aircraft systems integration" office.

From source.

With a commitee whose sole purpose is to integrate unmanned vehicles into current systems, I can only imagine the wide range of applications the FED have in store for these.

I shutter at the thought of further domestic usage of these aircraft. God forbid that day we have Quadro-Copters partolling the streets at night.

edit on 5-3-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
wow interesting, i love how they point to this being anything OTHER then the actual government doing this? "it could be a hobbyist or a terrorist, but it wouldn't be our old uncle sam!"

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Wait, so the FAA didn't even know about this drone flying around?

Isn't it the job of the FAA to kind of know what is flying around in the sky?

Your article says police departments and other gov. agencies have to apply for permits. The FAA should have a permit for drone use over JFK -- right?

"Drone? What drone? We don't know about any drones...oh wait, THAT drone! Oh, erm, yeah..."

edit on 5-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
First of all...so what? Apart from the fact the FAA seem not to be aware of it...

Secondly is it possible that it might have been a UFO but they believed it to be a drone?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
CNN just said it was the small 4 rotor type drones spotted at around 1,500 feet.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Maybe it was not from the US ... maybe another country is just testing US radars

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm also wondering if it could have been a kite that looks like a drone...that someone was flying near the airport as an impracticable joke...lol

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have a feeling they are going to be everywhere in the next year or two.

A couple of weeks ago I saw what I believe was a drone. It was relatively low, maybe 100-200 feet and although it was night I could see its outline illuminated by the parking lot lights nearby. I would say it was approximately as long as a car. It had bright red and green navigation lights as well as a pair of flashing yellow "caution" type lights on the bottom center. It was almost silent and it flew in kind of a clover pattern. I wished I had taken some video with my phone. I'll take some if I spot it again. My guess is either coast guard or new police gear being tested.

Hopefully their main use is just making those "speed limits enforced by aircraft" signs honest.
edit on 5-3-2013 by number47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i forgot i posted this..... oops

new topics

top topics

join