It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snipers deployed to tackle giant mutant rats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

I love it. That intro was the first thing I thought of when I saw the headline!

Future legends, indeed.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Looks like a normal sized rat in the picture, just that the man holding the rat closer to the camera is causing the illusion of it looking bigger.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I guess this is turning out to be the ATS rat thread....

In your story, your friend is lucky that the rat didn't bite her while she slept.

The one in the first video looked kinda friendly.... almost playful.

I heard in Harlem in the 80s... stories of rats biting baby's lips at night (but that could be an urban legend).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The biggest rodents in the world are the Capybara. pronounced: [kap-uh-bahr-uh] Some interesting facts from the Wikipedia article about them:

Adult capybaras grow to 107 to 134 cm (3.51 to 4.40 ft) in length, stand 50 to 64 cm (20 to 25 in) tall at the withers, and typically weigh 35 to 66 kg (77 to 150 lb)
-this is the size without the tail. This is because they do not have any tails.

Capybaras are gentle and will usually allow humans to pet and hand-feed them.

Capybara are farmed for meat and skins in South America. The meat is considered unsuitable to eat in some areas, while in other areas it is considered an important source of protein.

Well, I for one wouldn't get close to one.... especially if it was served on a plate. They might make a semi-interesting pet though.

One good thing... because they are so huge, they would never get into your house at night if you just keep your windows and doors closed... right?

goog.le pics

Capybara FAQ

A capybara being confused by a human...

edit on 6/3/2013 by MarkJS because: grammar puleeecn'

edit on 6/3/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Snipers are not using scoped FN FAL .308 rifles to shoot rats in Iran either .

It's not the size of the rat that matters, its the size of the fight in the rat.

In this cornarrr, Black Belt Ninja Raaat... And in the other corner, a platoon of pussy cats!!!

DING, DING, DINNNG!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

i was gonna say something similar, when i went to visit my friend i was waiting at a train station, i was watching a dog rummage through trash down a ways a bit, until my friend said thats not a dog, go take a close look... i kid you not it was the size of a lhasa apso dog.

so either that guy is really tiny, or that rat although big, is nowher near mutant,, new york has MUTANT rats.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I have seen rats the size of dogs and it didn't take radiation for them to get that big

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yeah... all nonsense

I lived in NY my whole life, Rats don't come the size of dogs unless you count those Taco bell Types...

And while a funny video above.... Any Cat left to it's own devices for long enough to get hungry (a couple of days) and allowed the time to practice a week or two will devastate a Rat even if you found a freak of a Rat big enough to be comparable in size.

REALITY? Controlling people don't like Cats, Religious types tend to be controlling Not enough Cats = Rat Horror

People are fond of saying "If bees went extinct......"

Doubtful, we lost bees where I am now and they were replaced by humming birds, nocturnal moths and bats witthin a season

But if we lost Cats?, that's where we'd seriously loose our farms and cities to the Rats... probably a 95% reduction of Human population over a couple of years

Incredible Predators Cats lb per lb by science the greatest killer mother nature devised

My biggest unfixed Male could take 4 of those Rats at a time.... he's outdoors during the day and i'm in the woods and deals with a lot of Feral Cats.... I've seen him take on a large Owl, bring home 2-3 Prairie dogs within a single hr and make fools out of small Coyote packs...

Maybe Iranian leaders being among the crazier on this globe should take a deep breath and realize CATS have been keeping Rats away since the begging of time... not Fat lazy neutered ones either

You can practically track outbreaks of Bubonic Plauge to periods when superstition led to low numbers of Cats

I dunno...

or Snipers on roof tops...That.... also....Makes sense.... siiiiiiiiiiiiigh

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The rat in the article does not seems larger than some German water rats... even smaller
I have seen rats as huge as a small dog.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
They are probably targeting dogs and cats as well, these snipers.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Fairly large rats but i have seen bigger (much) in the UK. They are becoming immune to pesticides and poisons over here too.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Another reason why using Depleted Uranium (DU) is DUMB.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join