It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret life of J. Allen Hynek?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by The GUT

Gut, great to see you posting! I have missed you for some time now. What have you been into?

ME AMIGO! GREAT to hear from you!! Took a break from ATS, but the BEST welcome-back is undoubtedly yours! Hope all is well your way, too! We'll have to catch up via U2U, k?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
It's a great subject that raises interesting questions. Maybe the greatest question it raises is why some of our most cherished "scientific" ufologists seemed to move away from the ETH while embracing--through their own personal "fact-finding"--a more esoteric and all-encompassing explanation for who and/or what our alleged "visitors" actually are.

i do think you have to have some kind of interest in the topic whether it's public or not to research ufos for the government. Hyneks was esoteric literature. which means in the beginning he had more of an inclination towards an unseen world as opposed to nuts and bolts saucer scifi. I think the scientific side of him looked towards the logical material world until he could no longer reconcile what he "should" believe and all the high strangeness he had become immersed in. It leads me to wonder if he found out too much to deny or some of the crazy rubbed of on him. I think it's a little of both.

btw i wonder how many other scientists turned down the job before him??

oh and, thanks for the book recommendations. and i really enjoy your threads

edit on 3/6/2013 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/2013 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join