It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefire

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
What does North Korea have that the US wants?

Unless they have something we are interested in, than I think nothing will come of this besides selling ads on paper, tv ,and the internet.

Normally I would agree with you, but this situation is different than normal.
If NK attacks SK in any meaningful way the United States are treaty obligated to respond...
and they will respond up to and including nukes if NK uses theirs.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
First war in modern warfare within a week? Let's wait and hope not.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Unless they have something we are interested in, than I think nothing will come of this besides selling ads on paper, tv ,and the internet.

If NK attacks SK in any meaningful way the United States are treaty obligated to respond...

If this war does break into a nuke war, the only good news (If I may call it that) is that it really will not last long, but the devestation will be unlike anything ever seen (except japan at end of WW2)
edit on 7-3-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

this is true but we should act as if he does and can, all it would take is one nuke or a WMD warhead, bio chem, to hit the US, but then that would be the bluff of the century go all this way to say "oh it me Un, just kidding we have no nukes, silly me got to "high" with Rod Man" ok i had too but you see my point not only would he be Shunned by the world but by his people , no there is no turning back now it is just a matter of time when the hot lead, and dogs of war are set lose.
The real Question is How will China react? If this does go nuke.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I found the bessst Dannng North Korea Impression on the You tubes.

It's Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefect!
Total representation of the NK behavior as of late.

Unfortunately Obama, is kind of the push over mom trying to use all the wrong words, and china is the dad hardly saying a word.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

What does this mean? no armistace technically war but was technically war before, so a kinda agreed ceasefire without the written agreement ( not that they stuck to the origional agreement, sinking ships and shelkling islands), cos i dont see them launching anything or shooting at stuff yet anyway its 2 AM in Korea, this just got real... now i wonder who is awake...or whether to wake up my brother.. Its just posturing.... I hope

Edit: Just read that its not until the 11th got all huffy over nothing appologises
edit on 7-3-2013 by larapa because: mis read

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Teye22

The real Question is How will China react? If this does go nuke.

THAT is probably the scariest question of them all! I sure hope they don't side with NK (I doubt that would happen though). If NK nukes SK, it will also affect the people of NK and they will rush into China as refugees, and that is what China does NOT want to happen.

For that reason, I think that if it does happen (just my opinion) China would strenghten their border to prevent them from crossing. That would be their first move, after that , your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Nuclear war cannot be allowed. Just by making the threat, we should go in and dismantle.

I think people, even nations, should be responsible for their words. Threatening nuclear war nullifies right to life in my opinion. We shouldn't take the risk, will they or won't they. We should just go in there and make sure they can't.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Nuclear war cannot be allowed. Just by making the threat, we should go in and dismantle.

I think people, even nations, should be responsible for their words. Threatening nuclear war nullifies right to life in my opinion. We shouldn't take the risk, will they or won't they. We should just go in there and make sure they can't.

Peace,
Cirque

Individuals as members of the general public are held accountable for their words even on places like twitter
or Facebook, Politicians on the other hand .......

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Good point, but just putting one foot accross the border will likely start the hostilities at this point....It could very well be the beginning of the end

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

and they would use that as a reason to use the nuke, DPRK has crossed the line if they do not act they will be seen as weak, if they use the nuke first then they are the aggressor, DPRK has but one option make a statement that they over reacted and will seek peace. Will Un be Man enough to do that??

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

thank you for that, if you should have the time read some of their DPRK's internal statements even though their people are starving the Mil is still well feed, it is the ones on leave or not doing so well that are in bad shape as punishment.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

and they would use that as a reason to use the nuke, DPRK has crossed the line if they do not act they will be seen as weak, if they use the nuke first then they are the aggressor, DPRK has but one option make a statement that they over reacted and will seek peace. Will Un be Man enough to do that??

Or option 3 sit tight and wait for the UN to send them aid, and then subdue poppulance with food...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Those on both sides have nothing to worry about should one side decide to start launching nuclear missiles, as they will simply remain in radiation proof bunkers with all the comforts of home, until the fallout settles and it's safe to come out. It is this threat of a pre-emptive strike that worries me, as we are now in the position of having to decide if we should go ahead and strike first.
If North Korea decides to strike, I doubt if threats from the U.S.A. or any number of countries will change the minds of a people who have nothing to lose, but a whole world to gain should they win!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

You know what I do when one of my kids use or threaten to use one of their toys inappropriately?

I take it away.

If NK wants to wave around it's new toy and start making threats, I think it's necessary for somebody to be the big bad parent - go in spank their asses and take their new toy away. They are acting like children that need a good a$$ whooping.

As to war. I was always under the impression, that somewhere in the world, somebody is at war at some level or another. I let them brawl it out like I let my sons. But when somebody pulls out weapons and starts waving it around - that's where I step up and intervene.

I vote for China to go in and take care of their baby brother. America has it's own problems. We need to stay in our own backyard and start working on them.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

China is being Quiet on this, as it is no surprise to me, China is the only one that could prevent it from becoming a nuke war, even if no nukes are used they DPRK have a mass amount of WMD's Bio Chem they could use. One is just as bad as the other. Un wants his one nation dream and is using the US SK drills/ war games to start a war all over again. it is the 8th there well will know on the 10th their 11th if not sooner and the UN passed their sanctions as well just more fuel to the fire ph.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
South Korea and USA are the ones provoking North Korea to make bold comments. If they left them alone to their miserable existance then I think the rhetoric would be different...more mild! No one has to love communism but all this hate-mongering is uncalled for.

I think americans have enough problems back home to worry about.

How are SK and the US provoking North Korea? North Korea has been performing nuclear tests. This is a threat to the nations adjacent to it; SK and by proxy the US and even Japan. Additionally, NK is known for starving its citizens and removing their rights. The international community has responded by enacting sanctions on NK with the hope that they will stop their military aims to acquire better and better nuclear weapons. Additionally, the sanctions are also a nod to the rampant abuse of human rights in NK. If NK continues down this road and stubbornly bull rushes forward then the only reasonable expectation is that the UN will fall back on RtoP (Responsibility to Protect) and what happened in Libya will happen in NK, except with potentially larger casualties.

As someone else said, the big loser will be SK. NK will attempt to pound Seoul and lob missiles and artillery at key SK sites. Additionally, they may launch a few at Japan or the US (maybe). But the real heavy losses I presume will be in SK. SK cannot WANT this war. It's truly sad.

A wildcard for me is China and Russia. I'm not sure how they'll react to all this. So far, it seems they've went out of their way to appease NK. It's war with the US by proxy. But when NK starts to become a threat to so many people's lives, China/Russia might pull back and support a war against NK. On the other hand, they may drag the hostility they have towards the US further by doing nothing to help. In the worst case, they secretly offer help to NK and make themselves bigger targets for the US. And by doing that all it'd amount to is more war in the future for everyone.

Add on top of all these wars AGW and overpopulation and whatnot. It's not good. They forecast Co2 concentrations to reach upwards of 800 ppm by 2100 with temperatures increasing by 3-6 celsius. Sea levels might rise by 1 meter or more, threatening millions of coastal residents. Desertification and ocean acidification and other impacts will likely make it worse. Right now Co2 concentrations are ~400 approx. The last time it was like this was 15 million years ago when there was very little ice in greenland and antarctica. All these pronounce changes will occur in 100-200 years. Some of the climate models lose control and the greenhouse effect becomes runaway and earth is toast.

The world already has enough problems. NK should be smarter than this. Not foolish. They will not preserve their heritage by fighting a futile war against major powers. Perhaps they feel there's glory in war. But if that's how they feel then I must only believe they're cowardly. The measure of a country is not how bravely it dies in a hard fought bloody war, but how long it lasts across ages of time. Any fool can live for 5 days and then die in a spray of bullets. But not everybody has the strength to live for 80 years. It's vain and half-hearted to go out in a light show of flames and death. It reminds me of a student that at the first sign of hardship tears up their dreams and quits school. North Korean leadership is at a stage where it has reached its limits of wisdom and awaits death.

North Korea might want to die in a war of glory, but the rest of the world does not. The rest of the world will survive and will fatally strike NK if NK intends on remaining this way.
edit on 7-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

I see what you are saying, but NK has been spewing threats from its mouth for decades. I also don't believe in suicidal world leaders so I doubt they will follow through with any threat.

I tend to believe most of the worlds wars are purposely manufactured by the big dogs and I don't see much of a prize in the end of this if an actual conflict occurs.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

As with all self delusional Leaders Napoleon, Hitler, Saddam, so too is Un, they think they can and do great things, but in the end all they do is lead their people to war, mass slaughter, and their own undoing.The only thing that sets Un apart from the rest, is that he has nukes and is not afraid to use them.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think NK would nuke the South before any other country, and I know they stupid, especially having a kid run it. But, did they ever think what's going to happen to them after they launch a nuke..They would just become a new hole and what ever is left of North Koreans, they would have a free gov and unite with south and live in peace and not be starving all the time cause their fked up Gov. decides to spend money on Defense and nuke tech, rather than feeding there own people..

I swear screw Iran, take out NK they're a threat to the world, all brainwashed communists..

N. Korea threatens ‘pre-emptive’ nuclear strike against US
edit on 7-3-2013 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join