North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The North Koreans are or have been very adept at portraying themselves as the crazy bad boys between two (trillion dollar) economies of S.Korea & China. I believe they have now crossed a red line and will be slapped down or even crushed as a result.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleman725
The North Koreans are or have been very adept at portraying themselves as the crazy bad boys between two (trillion dollar) economies of S.Korea & China. I believe they have now crossed a red line and will be slapped down or even crushed as a result.

You've signed up 3 weeks ago...and saved your first post for me!! I'm touched!!

I agree with you. they have been really good a talking threats and I believe that they have shot themselves in the foot! Someone will likely shut them up eventually.

I just don't want a war to start...... but.....after all...this is the kind of world we live in!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This link has good info.(thanks Aloysius the Gaul)

This one also.

U.N. set to crack down on North Korea financing, illicit cargo

I keep searching but there aren't that many updates...or at least not that I have found. If anyone finds anything, please share. I find recent enough news reports but its mostly the same thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

I find it more intriguing if i go to the horses mouth , like this one, www.kcna.co.jp... or this one www.rodong.rep.kp... this way you get to read first hand what DPRK is up to and telling their own people. the go to the other news agency's that are in that region.
nwww.koreaherald.com... and this one english.yonhapnews.co.kr... and speaking of

News Focus) N. Korea again resorts to brinkmanship to put pressure on U.S.
By Lee Joon-seung
SEOUL, March 6 (Yonhap) -- North Korea's latest threat to nullify the Korean War armistice agreement is part of a longstanding effort to heighten military tensions and dissuade the United States and international community from pursuing additional sanctions, local observers said Wednesday.

The threat made by the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army (KPA) late Tuesday said the armistice agreement that halted the three-year conflict in 1953 will be invalid as of March 11. The statement said after that time, North Korea will strike any target it pleases without restrictions.

The warnings carried by the North's official Korean Central News Agency also said all activities of the KPA's delegation at the truce village of Panmunjom will be suspended and the hotline telephone link between North Korea and the U.S.-led United Nations Command will be severed.
I hope they help but use these two first www.kcna.co.jp... or this one www.rodong.rep.kp... www.rodong.rep.kp... seems this one will not up link works at my end www.rodong.rep.kp... well it is rodong . rep .kp / interEn/ remove the spaces rodong.rep.kp/InterEn/ wired there a gap in the rodong
edit on 6-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleman725

My brother lives in Seoul and he was telling me that they do not recieve news on N Korea to the extent that when we last spoke he did not know about the recent n missile tests! He says the info is out there on the net but they do not put it in the papers and it is not discussed due to the proximatey to the potential impending doom, he felt the blast in 06 though. I keep asking him to leave but he reckons its all hot air and i guess he has a point 50 years of hot air.... except now the air now has a distinct radioactive flavour, either way no nukes or nukes Seoul will be levelled within the first 60 minuits of an attack and the underground tunnels NK have mean troops will occupy SK and the paltry American/SK force there will be defeated, im not saying they would win a war but the first battles will be all NK.

Things were looking up when i visited there last that was (07 i think) shared business contracts with bussed in NK workers talk of finally sitting at a table for real peace , but then the americans and the chinese get involved and its all FUBAR, chatting to the locals there they are under no illusions as to who is at fault NK spit the dummy everytime china or us spout there mouths about sanctions and 5-10-15 years of peace talks go out the window and SK diplomats are back to square 1, if the superpowers would back off for 5 minuits , things would have changed, as it is they are backing a sick animal into a corner no good can come of our planet while we allow the military industrial complex to may all our key decisions, i am embarrased to live in the UK, knowing how we operate, there are so many forward thinking people in both the US and the UK ( lets face it the 2 biggest offenders when it comes to a peacefull life), we need to make our voices heard..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just found this on CBC:

North Korea threatens pre-emptive strike

North Korea on Thursday vowed to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States, amplifying its threatening rhetoric hours ahead of a vote by UN diplomats on whether to level new sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test.

[img][/img]

The billboard at this North Korean rally depicts a large bayonet pointing at U.S. army soldiers with writing reading: 'If you dare invade, only death will be waiting for you!' (Jon Chol Jin/Associated Press)

This does not sound good.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thanks for the links bekod

I will go through them a little later when I have more time (at work now).

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
NK cant even feed its mil. The people are starving. Yeah, great time to go nuke someone and start a ruckus you obviously cant finish. If we go down at all, China suffers... China doesnt want NK refugees or to lose out financially. If he goes nutball and does this, he has to deal with China as well... along with annihilation. I dont think Un has a death wish this early in his game.

NK reminds me of one of my kids when they were little. If she was about to do something bad, she would announce it. Id say no, dont slap your sister. She would say something to the effect of... Im getting ready to slap my sister now. Mainly to get a reaction out of me. Much like NK.. acting like a 4 yr old. Whomever their war strategist is, he should be fired.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
From the CBC website, you can watch the UN Security Council on N.Korea LIVE here, I cannot watch it from work but I believe it starts at 10h00 am ET (in 9 minutes).

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
well it is official they just dumped the AA er cease fire agreement from rodongsinmum they also list why it seems we arew the bad guys again , USA flamers in 5..4..3..2..1..

A spokesman for the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army in a statement made public an important measure to completely nullify the Armistice Agreement which has existed for form's sake from March 11, the day when the Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint war games of the U.S. and its allies including south Korea will enter into a full-dress stage to stifle the DPRK.

It is quite a legitimate tougher measure reflecting the firm confidence in sure victory of the Korean army and people.

The U.S. imperialists mobilized in the war games super-large nuclear powered carrier task force carrying at least 100 nuclear warheads, B-52H strategic bombers and other means of ground, sea and air nuclear strikes and its allied forces including south Korea, U.K, and Australia.

It proves that the war games are a very dangerous nuclear war racket to strike the DPRK preemptively and the most undisguised military provocation of all the hostile forces.

The Korean Armistice Agreement in its article 2 "Concrete Measure for Ceasefire and Truce" stipulates to completely discontinue hostile acts on the Korean Peninsula and prohibit the introduction of military personnel, operation planes, armored cars, weapons and ammunitions from outside of the Korean Peninsula that are applicable to the ground, sea and air military forces.

The Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint war exercises staged by the U.S. and south Korean puppets and other allied forces with the mobilization of huge aggression armed forces of three services and lots of nuclear striking means are not a mere violation of the Armistice Agreement, but a flagrant challenge to it we can no more remain an on-looker.

Originally, the Armistice Agreement needs not exist for a long time on the Korean Peninsula.

Armistice is not an end of war, but a temporary ceasefire.
In the world war history armistice agreement went over to peace agreement through a transitional period the process of which was short.

The Korean Armistice Agreement, however, has been maintained for 60 years. The U.S. is the author of the tragedy. The U.S. has violated and destroyed it systematically.

The Korean Armistice Agreement was a transitional measure aimed to withdraw all foreign forces from the Korean Peninsula and ensure lasting peace.

The DPRK has advanced more than once principled proposals to replace the Armistice Agreement by peace agreement. They included a proposal to conclude peace agreement between the DPRK and the U.S. (in the 1970s), a proposal to convene tripartite talks in which DPRK-U.S. talks involve south Korea (in the 1980s), a proposal to establish new peace system (in the 1990s), a proposal to promote an issue for the countries concerned with the armistice agreement to declare the end of war (in the declaration for the development of inter-Korean relations, peace and prosperity of October 4, 2007) and a proposal to start talks for replacing the armistice agreement by peace agreement in the year after 60 years of the outbreak of the Korean war (DPRK Foreign Ministry statement of January 11, 2010).

All those were fair and aboveboard proposals to put an end to the unstable ceasefire and establish a mechanism of lasting peace on the Korean Peninsula.

The U.S., however, did not want to study and examine them in detail, but rejected all of them.

Alleging peace agreement with north Korea as premature, the U.S. only sought to maintain ceasefire day after day and avail itself of an opportunity to kick off a northward invasion and occupy the whole of Korea.

Due to the U.S. maneuvers to destroy the armistice agreement the Military Armistice Committee and the Neutral Nations' Supervisory Commission were disbanded long ago and the mission of surveillance and control under the agreement was completely lost.

The statement of the spokesman for the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army inspires our army and people.

The enemy's response will decide the existence of the agreement.

It is high time to cut off a malignant tumor of peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula.

Kang Chol Su
Most of you will never read all of it, so to be short it says , up yours USA SK you brought this on now get nuked

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This just in 7 minutes ago

The UN Security Council has voted unanimously for tough new sanctions to punish North Korea for its latest nuclear test, a move that sparked a furious Pyongyang to threaten a nuclear strike against the United States.

"Intercontinental ballistic missiles and various other missiles, which have already set their striking targets, are now armed with lighter, smaller and diversified nuclear warheads and are placed on a standby status," Kang said. "When we shell (the missiles), Washington, which is the stronghold of evils... will be engulfed in a sea of fire."

Read full article for more details.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

well there it is full out nuke war, as limited it might be 100 nukes max in the 20 to 50 kt Range 10 or 20 in the 1 to 3MT if that they just might have one, and where would they send just that one?? any takers? name your city! see if it gets a mushroom cloud, win years supply of Kim Che.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
well :-

"We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know." —Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
NK cant even feed its mil. The people are starving. Yeah, great time to go nuke someone and start a ruckus you obviously cant finish. If we go down at all, China suffers... China doesnt want NK refugees or to lose out financially. If he goes nutball and does this, he has to deal with China as well... along with annihilation. I dont think Un has a death wish this early in his game.

NK reminds me of one of my kids when they were little. If she was about to do something bad, she would announce it. Id say no, dont slap your sister. She would say something to the effect of... Im getting ready to slap my sister now. Mainly to get a reaction out of me. Much like NK.. acting like a 4 yr old. Whomever their war strategist is, he should be fired.

Perhaps this the end of the line for them.......and they know it. Those with nothing to lose can take desperate measures. Factor in the age of Un, but still, only time will tell what happens.

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Teye22

well there it is full out nuke war, as limited it might be 100 nukes max in the 20 to 50 kt Range 10 or 20 in the 1 to 3MT if that they just might have one, and where would they send just that one?? any takers? name your city! see if it gets a mushroom cloud, win years supply of Kim Che.

I dare say this is no laughing matter, though I doubt they have the capability. I fear for those closer though.
edit on 7-3-2013 by lifespath420 because: second quote

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

No it is the people that starve the Mil is well feed their belief is Mil First and foremost anything and for the Mil the Mil is not wrong can do no wrong, and the people are to server the Mil. here is the brake down of their thought, belief and teaching of the Mil first doctrine nautilus.org... from the link

February 26, 2003
Summary of Documents

On March 21, 2003, Nodong Sinmun published a special article “Military-First Ideology Is an Ever-Victorious, Invincible Banner for Our Era’s Cause of Independence,” which declared that the Army is the basis of North Korea’s revolutionary strategy. This strategy “calls for giving priority to military issues over everything, and it is a line, strategy, and tactics of putting the Army before the working class” to the point that the KPA is “the most pivotal group” in North Korean society-”the gun barrel should be placed over the hammer and sickle” say the authors (not to mention the intellectual’s pen which appears on the DPRK flag next to these proletarian icons).

According to the March 21st statement, the military-first line derives from chuch’e philosophy and is demonstrated best in the military-first line. The army is held to be decisive in achieving and protecting sovereignty, in economic construction. “Nothing is more urgent and important than beefing up the ranks of the armed forces” with goal being “to build an invincible revolutionary army.”

The statement argues that such a strategy must be wholly self-reliant: “Laying and ceaselessly consolidating the foundations of a self-reliant defense industry under which everything needed for beefing up the military might can be supplied on our own is the basic way to beefing up the military might.”
there is more but then why bother most dont read this stuff anyway

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What does North Korea have that the US wants?

Unless they have something we are interested in, than I think nothing will come of this besides selling ads on paper, tv ,and the internet.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
well :-

"We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know." —Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld

I just don't know! that's a lot of knows...

You lost me at know!

Jokes aside though, it is true that we only know the part that they would let us know about. Even if they are a loud mouth, they would not show their trump card to the US. Unless it was part of their plan of course. But who knows what they are planning. They must have something up their sleeve. Are they preparing to strike or are they just talking the talk?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

yes hes statement on the Iraq WMD program does does he not, Saddam was no a dumb @$$ did he have WMD's ? where did Syria get theirs ?
This time we do know that yes they did test more than one nuke they say they have them and will use them and we will be the fools that go in saying no they do not it is all a bluff.

If any of you TOP BRASS in DC or the PENTAGON read this {Un will not for one sec,hesitate, nor think twice about using the Nukes. HE will. Un is one to be Leary of. for he wishes to fulfill his dad and dads dream: One Nation, one Flag and to get it by any means. or die trying to get that dream, for death is better than defeat.}

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We cannot be sure that they do in fact have developed nukes that would reach the US with any certainty, I think we should use the 'ol What if? argument just in case. Because if they DO have them and ARE willing to use them, this will get very deadly and fast even if NK would not last very long....they could still cause a lot of damage before they go down.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Advantage

No it is the people that starve the Mil is well feed their belief is Mil First and foremost anything and for the Mil the Mil is not wrong can do no wrong, and the people are to server the Mil. here is the brake down of their thought, belief and teaching of the Mil first doctrine nautilus.org... from the link

February 26, 2003
Summary of Documents

On March 21, 2003, Nodong Sinmun published a special article “Military-First Ideology Is an Ever-Victorious, Invincible Banner for Our Era’s Cause of Independence,” which declared that the Army is the basis of North Korea’s revolutionary strategy. This strategy “calls for giving priority to military issues over everything, and it is a line, strategy, and tactics of putting the Army before the working class” to the point that the KPA is “the most pivotal group” in North Korean society-”the gun barrel should be placed over the hammer and sickle” say the authors (not to mention the intellectual’s pen which appears on the DPRK flag next to these proletarian icons).

According to the March 21st statement, the military-first line derives from chuch’e philosophy and is demonstrated best in the military-first line. The army is held to be decisive in achieving and protecting sovereignty, in economic construction. “Nothing is more urgent and important than beefing up the ranks of the armed forces” with goal being “to build an invincible revolutionary army.”

The statement argues that such a strategy must be wholly self-reliant: “Laying and ceaselessly consolidating the foundations of a self-reliant defense industry under which everything needed for beefing up the military might can be supplied on our own is the basic way to beefing up the military might.”
there is more but then why bother most dont read this stuff anyway

Im aware of their "Army first" rhetoric, but the reality is... the army cant be fed.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Military Sŏn'gun, often spelled Songun, is North Korea's "Military First" policy, which prioritizes the Korean People's Army in affairs of state and allocates national resources to the "army first". However, even though the armed forces were given priority for the distribution of food, this did not mean they all received generous rations.[27] In fact, the army was supposed to find ways to grow food to feed itself and develop industries that would permit it to purchase food and supplies from abroad. The rations received by military personnel were very basic, and “ordinary soldiers of the million-strong army often remained hungry, as did their families, who did not receive preferential treatment simply because a son or daughter was serving in the armed forces."[28]

www.strategypage.com...

The years of food shortages resulted in noticeably shorter recruits for the North Korean Army, and there are growing reports of falling morale among troops because of the more frequent, and severe, food shortages.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join