It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

Originally posted by Teye22
I dont think they're stupid enough to use nukes........
oh wait! we are talking about NK

So how stupid were the United States to use them? As stupid? More stupid? Lets be perfectly clear here, The US set the bar, and rightly or wrongly, someone was bound to try and match it.

For arguments sake, let's say the North nuke the South, they are technically still at war. They will be doing nothing new will they.

Short memories? Or just hypocrisy?
edit on 5-3-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

IMO, The US was very stupid tu use it. Despite the reason for such action.

They killed over 200 000 people, most were civilians (atrocity). And polluted those areas for God knows how many years.

If any other country would have used the same weapon, the US would likely get involved immediately in a retaliation.

Am I wrong?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
North Korea will be screwed if they start another war, china has already threatened to cut off any aid to them if they dont stop acting like a spoilt child so this wont do them any good especially with starving soldiers

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

They killed over 200 000 people, most were civilians (atrocity). And polluted those areas for God knows how many years.

If any other country would have used the same weapon, the US would likely get involved immediately in a retaliation.

Am I wrong?

The United States would do well to start looking after it's own people instead of worrying about a squabble that has nothing to do with them. Since when did the United Stated become the World Police? When you get someone bigger to fight on your behalf because you cannot fight your own battles, we call it bullying. If the US (the west in general for that matter) spent what they spend gallivanting around the world killing dark skinned people on DEFENSE, There wouldn't be a country on Earth that could touch them anyway.

If everyone stuck to their own little bit of the world they think they own and stopped picking sides, or in the case of the US, empire building, we probably wouldn't being half the trouble we are in.

Besides, when has telling other people what they can and can't do ever worked? Never.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yanks man... They'll learn the hard way...

But seriously, the yanks better start minding their own business because the way things are going right now in their own country, it wouldn't be a safe bet to say they will still be around as the USA in 10 years.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sounds like things are really heating up. Could be more posturing, or something worse. Hopefully cooler heads prevail...the last thing this world needs is a nuclear exchange happening.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Am I wrong?

The United States would do well to start looking after it's own people instead of worrying about a squabble that has nothing to do with them. Since when did the United Stated become the World Police? When you get someone bigger to fight on your behalf because you cannot fight your own battles, we call it bullying. If the US (the west in general for that matter) spent what they spend gallivanting around the world killing dark skinned people on DEFENSE, There wouldn't be a country on Earth that could touch them anyway.

If everyone stuck to their own little bit of the world they think they own and stopped picking sides, or in the case of the US, empire building, we probably wouldn't being half the trouble we are in.

Besides, when has telling other people what they can and can't do ever worked? Never.

I beleive that could be applicable to any country. If EVERY country would deal with their own issues, and fix their own problems, believe in their own beliefs and RESPECTED others for their choices, beliefs, preferences. There would never be war.

But because so many think they are the supreme world leaders, or are better/stronger than others, or their God is better, etc, etc, etc, we will just keep on destroying/polluting our Earth untill we kill ourselves off. I think that if things dont change, we ARE heading that way in the long run (maybe not so long).

But sadly. I will not be holding my breath, but I would turn blue in a flash!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Not true. Divisions would eventually form, and lead to war.

A civil war is still a war

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Not true. Divisions would eventually form, and lead to war.

A civil war is still a war

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xieon

Although I have to admit that you have a point, did you see all the "IFs" before I said there would never be war?

If EVERY country would deal with their own issues, and fix their own problems, believe in their own beliefs and RESPECTED others for their choices, beliefs, preferences. There would never be war.

And I could add to STOP being greedy for Power and resources! As I beleive that the above are the cause of most conflicts in the world today (religion, resources (oil), corruption, revenge, etc)

Of course in the state our world is in now, it would be unlikely, its sad really! I will not go as far as to say its impossible, but improbable....that it is!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

As I see it, China is the major staus quo player here. NK is their buffer zone to US dominated areas (SK and Japan mainly). Be there a war, thousands of armed NK soliders would start flooding the Chinese border and that would not be a good thing. I don't think the US is especially attraced to having that kind of relationship with China either. That wouldn't be very productive at all.

NK is this major national/mass-psychological experiment. They're playing this crazy-person game to have their way and push their agenda while the people are still under the spell. What happens when the spell breaks, no one knows. Nazi Germany could have been something to compare to but that spell wasn't broken without the biggest war ever. It is all very strange and unpredictable.

Anyway, I don't think anyone wants a war here, except for a few true radicals but I doubt they will have their way. It is gonna be like it is for some time ahead. A unification would be nice but I don't think that would suite Chinese interests either. Everything is kind of their call and they are happy with putting it on hold.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
North Korea is a dangerous embarrassment to everybody. The Chinese want them to reform slowly under controlled conditions like they did. That would benefit China as NK could be cheap labour for their consumer demand. The USA and South Korea want them to behave.

Unfortunately nobody really has power to compel them to reform top down. The whole society is built on lies so deep and longstanding how do you unwind it?

The Chinese cant force their hand as nothing scares them more than the hungry NK masses streaming across their border in a collapse.

The west cant compel them because we have no real leverage. They have the capacity to lay waste South Korea if attacked so they cant be bullied. They would lose but the cost would be so high nobody wants to pay the butchers bill.

There are signs that reform is happening from the bottom up but thats dangerous. When the masses there collectively wake up from their propaganda fantasy and realise they are a global laughing stock nobody knows what will happen.
edit on 5-3-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
When the hordes of NK commandos start pouring out of the tunnels under the DMZ, and the artillery rouds begin to pound down on Seol then ill worry.....
but not a lot......
KIMMY is just a shoo in for the US military....
Its South Korea that will take the # kicking....
and i do mean a bad one...
They may have to start all over again to make infrastructure after the NKs run out of artillery rounds....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
NK has nothing to lose by starting another war, the whole country is nothing but an impoverished prison camp built on top of a dung heap.The whole country could be rebuilt in a month with a $100 budget.
If NK does start another war it will be the death of their country,there won`t be a south korea/north korea anymore, nobody wants to make that mistake again, NK will be crushed and there will be a unified korea.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So how stupid were the United States to use them? As stupid? More stupid? Lets be perfectly clear here, The US set the bar, and rightly or wrongly, someone was bound to try and match it.

For arguments sake, let's say the North nuke the South, they are technically still at war. They will be doing nothing new will they.

Am I wrong?

I'm afraid you are. The Atomic Bomb was just what was needed to finally persuade the Japanese Cabinet that they had to bow to the inevitable and surrender. There was a large faction of the Armed Forces that, despite the constant string of defeats, despite the huge American fleet and small British fleet off their shores, despite the Soviet invasion of Japanese Manchuria that was ripping the Japanese army there apart, wanted to fight on. They really did think that they could defeat the Allies on the beaches of Japan - or at least hurt them so badly that there would be a negotiated peace.
Even then, once they'd decided to surrender and Hirohito had cut a recording of his announcement that they were going to surrender, there was an attempted army coup d'etat to try and stop the surrender.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
South Korea and USA are the ones provoking North Korea to make bold comments. If they left them alone to their miserable existance then I think the rhetoric would be different...more mild! No one has to love communism but all this hate-mongering is uncalled for.

I think americans have enough problems back home to worry about.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Am I wrong?

I'm afraid you are. The Atomic Bomb was just what was needed to finally persuade the Japanese Cabinet that they had to bow to the inevitable and surrender. There was a large faction of the Armed Forces that, despite the constant string of defeats, despite the huge American fleet and small British fleet off their shores, despite the Soviet invasion of Japanese Manchuria that was ripping the Japanese army there apart, wanted to fight on. They really did think that they could defeat the Allies on the beaches of Japan - or at least hurt them so badly that there would be a negotiated peace.
Even then, once they'd decided to surrender and Hirohito had cut a recording of his announcement that they were going to surrender, there was an attempted army coup d'etat to try and stop the surrender.

Japan was done there was no need to nuke em or invade them, we could have sent everyone home and blockaded their islands with the massive allied navies, they would have been starved into submission within weeks or a few months at the most.
Their military wasn`t going to be doing much attacking without fuel,no electricty without fuel for the generators,an air and naval blockade would have prevented anything and everything from getting in or out of japan.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I hope there is not another war. I very much look forward to the next generation Samsung Galaxy Phone and tablet! Cant get one if Soeul is levelled back to the stone age. Seriously though the Chinese need to step in and take out the regime. I dont think the USA would mind in this case. North Korea are dangerous and needs to be sorted. Emergency meeting of the UN Security Council behind closed doors would be good too and perhaps Russia, China and the West can thrash something out in private away from the glare of the press.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It would appear, as if North Korea, is trying to play the rise of the Phoenix card....

So be it...

I say enough talk and bust a grape....

Fight or shut up...

Please start the war, I am so tired of listening and reading all this Bullcrap....

Bust a grape or go punk your ass back into your cave...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
In all honesty, i think the only reason the West and it's allies keep from squashing that lunatic NK regime is China and damage to Chinese / West relations (trade mostly, but also military)

You are correct that China is the reason. Though it's mostly because they are NK benefactor.

They are to China what Israel is to the US. They wouldn't exist without their benefactor.

The real reason the US doesn't blow NK up is because it would be like attacking China directly...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I have to disagree. There was other solutions than to use WMD.

I know that this decision was not taken lightly and that they probably felt it was the only solution at the time, but looking back at this today. I have to say that IMO, it was the WRONG decision.

And to reply to Bicent76,
Do you really want a war to start? Although I agree that I am tired of hearing all these threats and all, I will not wish harm to anyone. Although their leaders might deserve to pay for their actions, their people are as innocent as you and I are, so why risk thousands of innocent people dying? They are caught in the middle of all this. Living in fear.

IMO they could be able to find a common ground to finally be done with this conflict. But will it happen? I doubt it, But I certainly hope that there is NO WAR!!!
edit on 5-3-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join