It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-hand turns require 'huge' brain power, study shows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yes it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation with turning right in the UK.

It does make sense because if you're turning right (in the US) then you're mainly concentrating on either looking for traffic or for a clear enough break in the traffic to pull out whereas turning left requires you to cross a lane of oncoming traffic and look for a clear enough break in the lane further away to pull into.

I could be arrogant and make out it's childsplay and any idiot can do it particularly as I earn my living driving but it's easy to get complacent and let your concentration lapse.

Like last month I was turning onto a main trunk road from a country road,pulling up to the junction in a low gear checked right then left and it was clear so kept going only to realise the large passenger mirror (it's an 18 ton truck I was driving) had temporarily masked a car oncoming from the left.

If i'd been complacent and not concentrating I would have pulled out and got a VW Golf in my passenger door at 70 mph almost certainly killing them and probably me too,driving isn't to be taken lightly !!!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So people with big heads can turn left better. This is false, I never see that in Politics and politicians have big heads.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join