It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers: 80% US Antibiotics for Livestock, causing Flesh-eating, Resistant "Superbugs"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Why is the livestock industry getting away with using the same antibiotics used on humans, on animals they eat? Don't they realize or care this would cause resistant bacteria & other pathogens to develop?

And why are most people eating all this factory-created, non-organically raised poultry and beef without seemingly any reservation at all.

People don't seem to even care what they're really eating as long as it tastes food. Why didnt the FDA mandate that the older antibiotics be used on livestock and the newer antibiotics be restricted for humans?

Because using all the antibiotics just to produce the most so-called poultry/egg/dairy/meat is going to eventually make all antibiotics useless.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
They aren't using the "new" antibiotics in the animals or us even, that kind of stuff is put aside for the elite courtesy of big pharma so when the rest of us are dropping dead from super bugs they can point and laugh. What gets me is the FDA is allowed to push this stuff into peoples mouths but there are those out there that think they care about a few dead people from mass shootings and they want to keep us all safe?

They are killing us slowly, in every possible way. They don't care about peoples wellfare or safety.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why does the meat need antibiotics in the first place? I have witnessed many people hunt their own food and are exceptionally healthy.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Because of the huge demand by people who don't even give a thought to what the dead animals they are eating at most every meal have been through and really contain. Animals that are raised in atrocious conditions, literally in their own feces, thus without the antibiotics to artificially keep their bacterial count down while theyre swimming in their own poop. It's horrible at least unless raised organically, ie, without hormones & copious amounts of antibiotics. Among other atrocities, see here:

www.nytimes.com...

CDC are warning drug-resistant bacterial infections, including but not limited to MRSA & flesh-eating strains, will be the next pandemic:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It makes me wonder if there was a specific reason why we are now forced to buy health insurance. Something bad coming around the corner soon?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Since you mentioned health insurance!

Yesterday we did Open Enrollment and the premium has SKYROCKETED! In addition, the health insurance companies are adding on a dislaimer than the premium may go up as much as 100% during the year.

I've never seen that disclaimer before. It is indeed like there is a huge rise in claims and/or anticipation of medical problems and costs to surge.

Plus in related news, in addition to 80% of all antibiotics going into the livestock industry, there is a nationwide shortage of the antibiotics that actually work. IE, for TB.

Perhaps the Fed is stockpiling?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
They are also claiming the Sequester will eliminate some food inspection jobs so our food won't be as safe. (Like it was really safe before, ha!)

We have been overusing antibiotics for years, it's no wonder bacteria are becoming resistant to it. But the pharmaceutical industries are only pushing more drugs on us. I think it's time more people start using alternative medicine (like herbs) instead of rushing to their doctors for every little cough or sneeze.

I eat lean sirloin, chicken, turkey and fish. What am I really eating, though? I feel sick thinking about it.
edit on 6-3-2013 by texasgirl because: Wrong word

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Do you know why Asia protested so much about not wanting to import US Beef?

We pass it by a Gamma Radiation Emitting Device to kill any virus-disease-bacteria in the meat.

That's why they didn't want it.

Now there are hundreds of thousands of little lead lined boxes with radioactive material in them across America. They have little "shutter" windows that open up when they want to release radiation on something.

Empty milk cartons....they now get zapped to "sterilize" them before they are filled with milk. Empty egg cartons, all kinds of empty food packages are now zapped with Gamma Radiation emitting devices.

And now even FOOD is getting zapped. To kill the bacteria-viruses-diseases on it to extend shelf life. Imagine all the mutated things you've injested the last decade or so?

The even scarier thing is the illegal immigrants work in the facilities where these little radiation boxes are. Imagine if they started taking them home and opening the shutter towards people??

You better believe we are going to mutate some things that could end all life on Earth. They don't even know what's going to happen with that field of Rice growing in Kansas that they put human DNA in........WHY????......

They're trying to get plants to grow things like chemicals and medicines we usually have to work hard to process to make......they've screwed with nature and it ain't going to turn out well for Earth.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

top topics

join