It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, Fornication, Homosexuality & explosion of Venereal diseases

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I think it's fine to say that certain body parts are made for this and that as a personal belief, but it's somewhat deluded to think that everybody else knows this or agrees.

Yes, bring back the Old Testament teaching on multiplication at all costs (which was actually a curse after the fall, and not why we had genitalia originally).
Even if this included polygamy, rape, concubinage, wife borrowing, slavery and widow inheritance.
One shudders to think of the massive epidemic if HIV/AIDS had spread to this society.
The devastating impact on similarly fertility obsessed societies by the virus (which is globally 98 percent heterosexual, or caused by penises going into vaginas) could be witnessed in southern Africa.
It left many widows and orphans.

People can also do things with their genitalia that has no risk of infection, but I suppose that's just unnatural and they'll be struck down like Onan because we ALL just know that hands and mouths were made for praying.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kaylaluv

50 and older is "senior"?

Bull. 60 is the new 42!

lol...phage i'm 60, and it is nothing like being 42, parts of the body creak and ache, and my face is startiing to look like one of those old leathery mugs on cowboys in the black and white western movies of a half century ago.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Bull. 60 is the new 42!

I know what you mean. I am 52, but don't feel a day over 34 (well... most days).

I agree. I will be 53 next month. I still feel like I'm in my 20's. I owe it to high quality food and excersize. My routine when I get home from my desk job is to change in to shorts, then do 200 jumpropes. Sometimes I do 100 on one foot and 100 on the other. Then I do 10 deadlifts of 100lbs, then I press that 100lbs from ground to overhead 5 times.

Then a nice glass of wine!
AFter watering the vegitable garden, and soon, collecting the eggs.

At work I usually do 30 pushups in the middle of the day just to get the wiggles out.

But yeah, I'm an RN and I've heard of the VD problem in nursing homes. It's becoming a big problem in some places.
edit on 5-3-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
That 1 in 2 number is really only counting one thing: HPV.

In most cases, it's completely benign in males, and while it's the leading cause of cervical cancer in women, it's rate of causing cancer is quite low.

12,357 women in the United States were diagnosed with cervical cancer.*2 3,909 women in the United States died from cervical cancer

That's out of HALF of all women in the US.
I'm not even going to bother doing the math, it's an extremely small percentage who develop cervical cancer.

I'm not really saying STDs aren't a problem, I'm just clarifying your statistic.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Bull. 60 is the new 42!

What is 42 then? Other than the answer to life, the universe and everything

Just checking cause I can see it very close to the horizon now...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

You are incorrect, religion has a protection from all STD's it is abstinence from sex before you get married, and staying faithful once you are married. Very simple if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Marriage is not a cure for STDs. Come on. The way people talk about premarital sex, one would think it's a cesspool of pestilence.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Life-long monogamy is a very nice ideal in principle, and some religions do teach that.
You wouldn't have a guarantee that your marriage partner is totally faithful, but I'm sure this works in some relationships.

In reality however this doesn't work as the only message on prevention.
A study of 11 000 US teens who had signed an abstinence until married pledge found that 72 percent had sex before marriage, and they were less likely to use condoms. (Elzabeth Pisani: The Wisdom of Whores: Bureaucrats, brothels and the business of AIDS, Granta Books: 2008. P. 190-191).

Religious organizations themselves are rocked by daily scandals when the leaders fail to live up to their message.

The provision of condoms in prisons (especially important for communities with high rates of incarnation), clean needles for addicts, and prevention work amongst prostitutes have also been shown to be effective in curbing STDs, Yet they are often moralized by religious groups with political influence, even on a global scale.
Migrant labor (as we have in SA) often means that families are split and men could spend most of their lives without seeing their wives in rural areas.
Clearly this necessitates alternative sexual networks, just as colonial men once frequently practiced concubinage with native women.
Even religion once regarded prostitution as a necessary evil to save the institution of marriage.

Women in Western countries no longer want to get married at 13, and many want to get an education before marriage (unless they are in a religious cult that practices the sexual grooming of girls by older men) and the average age of marriage can be as high as 28. It's a bit much to expect young people in their prime to remain celibate into their twenties.

So the ideal is great, but in reality it won't work for most people.
In some rigid communities it seems to work to a greater degree.
In the reality series on the American Gypsies, for example, couples marry as teens, and will be pressured to do so.
However, the men are traditionally allowed affairs with non-gypsy women, and the education of girls outside household chores is considered unnecessary (although nowadays I suppose some would choose a less traditional life).

edit on 5-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by halfoldman

You are incorrect, religion has a protection from all STD's it is abstinence from sex before you get married, and staying faithful once you are married. Very simple if you ask me.

Dear DOLCOTT,

I am really sorry that I have to disagree with you. I have only been with one woman in my life, she cheated on me and gave me herpes. I didn't know she had cheated on me till I found out I had herpes. I wish what you said was true and thought it was; but, didn't work out that way. Oh and don't forget, my wife could have been raped and got the disease. I also know some people (men and women) that were raped and given STD's. Lets just say that abstinence and being with one person greatly increases your odds of not getting an STD.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Dear WhoKnows100,

I will start with this, the Pharisees would have loved you, you think just like them.

And He didn't address beastiality or pedophilia directly either, and so this line of thought goes no where.

Fortunately you are here to explain it to us because all wisdom must begin and end with you. Thanks for taking up the slack for Jesus and God.

Truth: the penis was created to pass urine or to go into the vagina in order to procreate. Truth: the anus was created to pass excrement

Again, you are here to explain what God forgot. I guess you also consider oral sex and masturbation sins. Are they one's that send us to hell? Are you Catholic?

All of us, even those who reject creation, know these truths. So a rise in deviancy from this truth must represent something. And that something is addressed repeatedly throughout scripture: rebellion to creation, reprobation and the worship of the created instead of the Creator. A society that worships the created exalts the penis and vagina, it becomes the focus of their artwork, esoteric writings etc. it builds monuments to the phallus, it exalts the sex act itself as the be and end all, it destroys the fruit produced from such unions because the sexual act is esteemed over its function, procreation to produce life. The command was to go out and multiply. Today, we want the sex and pleasure and kill His blessings - the fruit of the womb. As such, we no longer serve His will but our own pleasure.

Do you believe it is okay to have sex with your spouse while they are pregnant? A simple question.

Reprobation is wrath. It is all around us today and instead of repenting, we defiantly push into further perversion of created order. Reprobate minds not only view this perversion of created order as "normal", but become satisfied only when non-partakers state that what they do is "normal". Reprobate minds will stop at nothing less. But the simple fact is, they cannot get rid of the obvious two truths above without deception and lying - so they go around it by championing such ideas as "gay genes" and "homosexuals are born gay". The two truths above, however, prove them wrong and they know it. Our Creator told all of us that the truth of creation is right in front of us, and therefore it's our own lusts and desires which blind us to it. Reprobate minds will never state "I like it up the butt" because it does not serve their purpose which is to overthrow the created order. To this end, every esoteric religion exalts an androgynous ideal, neither make nor female, and exalts sex and sex acts as worship rituals.

You are really fixated on sex. You don't seem very impressed by the fact we engage in war so freely. Why is sex the one thing that you think condemns us, it is not. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because there were no good people there, not because of sin. It is a lack of good people, same goes for Israel. If America is destroyed for inequity it will be because the people who should be doing good are not. We live in a "christian" nation where the christians are worse than the non-Christians. Look at the statistics.

I absolutely agree that we are seeing an increase in lawlessness and evil; but, it only one person to truly repent and get it right to lead his people to do right in Israel and he bought them some time. God does not punish the good people because there are evil people, he protects evil people because there are good people. Consider the prodigal son and ask yourself why you are not like the boys father and why that means you are not being Christian.

I do not expect you to like or even heartfully consider what I have said.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This thread is making me feel dirty. I think I'll go bathe now and be glad of healthy genitals.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join