It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurgents threaten the use of Chemical Weapons in Fallujah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Media reports from Iraq says insurgent leaders have released a statement threatening to use chemical weapons against coalition troops if the assault on the town is renewed.

It is not clear, but the threat is thought to relate to makeshift weaponry and modified rounds using industrial chemical products such as cyanide and sulphuric acids and other waste.

There was no information available in the news article to suggest that the insurgents had access to proper chemical weapons, or how effective thier improvised weapons would be, if indeed they existed.

Hopefully the buggers will poison themselves in the process.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
well they do have chemicals that they looted from labs after the war
so expect to see in the news
that a chemical attack on US/Iraqi forces has taken place

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
They're saying that chemicals such as cyanide will be added to weapons.

The Australian
Rebel commanders said chemicals such as cyanide had been added to mortar rounds and missiles that would be deployed against coalition troops reported to be preparing for a major assault on the town west of Baghdad.

A military committee made up of former officers in Saddam Hussein's army, including experts on chemicals and guerrilla warfare, is said to have been organising forces in Fallujah and planning tactics.

The information on Cyanide from the CDC makes it seem to me that cyanide may nor be that effective a weapon.

Cyanide gas is most dangerous in enclosed places where the gas will be trapped.
Cyanide gas evaporates and disperses quickly in open spaces, making it less harmful outdoors.

Facts About Cyanide

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Chemical weapons may be effective against civillians but not against military. The question is do the insurgents possess chemicals that may affect US soldiers before even they have the chance of wearing their gas masks? Even if they have such effective chemical weapons, nevertheless some American soldiers may wear their gas masks or stay in chemical attack-safe bunkers 24/7 as a precaution. That will render those chemical weapons useless, if wearing those gas masks for such a long period don't cause any side effects (any information on this?). US soldiers in Tanks will also be immune from such attacks.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by outlier]

[edit on 1-11-2004 by outlier]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If thjey are stupid enough to do that I see two things happening.

1) The whole city will be leveled to get them.
2) not one insurgent will be allowed to live.

Honestly, we have heard these threats before and nothing has come of them.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

They are already not allowed to live, so they have nothing to lose if they lose the city. However US will be criticized for having targeted civillians.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
Media reports from Iraq says insurgent leaders have released a statement threatening to use chemical weapons against coalition troops if the assault on the town is renewed.

It is not clear, but the threat is thought to relate to makeshift weaponry and modified rounds using industrial chemical products such as cyanide and sulphuric acids and other waste.

There was no information available in the news article to suggest that the insurgents had access to proper chemical weapons, or how effective thier improvised weapons would be, if indeed they existed.

Hopefully the buggers will poison themselves in the process.

Unbelievable!
We invade their country and start murdering and torturing civillians and some of them have the hide, the absolute gaul to resist. How dare they!

And now our own lying unreliable authorities tell us they are planning to use poison on us.
Well the only solution is to keep murdering them for daring to resist our invasion.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by judge]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey Judge....I didnt say it was a shock or surprising.

Decent and Non Nazi Germans resisted tooth and nail when the allies started pouring into the country from East and West in WW2, even if Hitler was a sack of #.....thier country was being invaded too.

Just passing on the report picked up off the news here in Australia, as it was broadcast on the mid day bulletin.

Cheers.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by craigandrew]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

First of all Hi craiganddrew been a little bit since we tossed an idea around.
So nice to see you have a thread that I liked, so we can talk again.

Second , My question is for your impression. Wouldn't this essentially defeat the purpose of defending a land when your going to kill it by dumping this junk on it? I see one simple explanation, desperate suicide attack on a scale such has never been seen before, right? This is because it wont just kill the target it will kill the terrorists and civilians to , right?

Not to mention it could spread to near by areas that the terrorists are not intending to effect and do more damage to their infrastructure in other towns. This seems like desperation ??????

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The same argument could be used for some of the ordnance we have used D.....lets face it, a lot of damage has been done by both sides.

But yeah I see the statement (if true and from them) as an act of desperation on thier part.

IMHO The insurgents in Fallujah and Najaf have been on the verge of collapse and destruction a number of times militarily with Coalition Forces pressing in from all sides with what is a essentially, in a country of 20 million plus, only a few thousand fighters and supporters/camp followers holed up in small pockets.

Whats then happened is politicians and diplomats in Washington and Baghdad have needed to make milage and PR by allowing agreements that call the final push off, allowing the insurgents to present it as a "win", regroup, rearm, recruit, retrain and come back to kill another day. The Pollies and Dipos are only interested in the short term political and PR milage. It means the PBIs (Poor Bloody Infantry) and the bulk of the population caught in the middle go through the grinder once more down the track

In light of the interim governments announcement they are on the verge of launching a final assault on Fallujah insurgents if they dont pack it in, and the likelyhood of a Bush re-election (which I am personally unhappy about) I think the insurgents realise that the next attack will be the last attack on Fallujah, once Bush is unfettered by re-election concerns.

So yeah, they are desperate enough to use the threat, and carry it out if they actually have the means, like when Saddam fired the well heads in Kuwait in 1991. Like then, it doesnt mean it will be effective.

Thats just my personal opinion by the way.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Cool thanks for the info and opinion, nice to talk to you again. I may be lerking around and ask other questions based on what I see posted, ok?
So hope to be more supportive to your thread you know how I like to talk alot,,,,,hey dont you dare laugh, you can do sometalking to we both know that.....till later I'm going back to my padded cell.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

LOL do you really think the US would level the city and kill hundreds of thousands of civilians. Come on. Typical gung ho comments with absolutely no idea of what is happening.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

LOL do you really think the US would level the city and kill hundreds of thousands of civilians. Come on. Typical gung ho comments with absolutely no idea of what is happening.

BUT, Wait if BUSH tells them to you mean to tell me they cant find a few thousand ABU GARAIB prison guards to do it for him, Dont under estimate madness........................

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm guessing theres a rush on making more sandbags in Falujah tonight.

If it happens good luck Coalition troops, If I beleived in Religion I'd pray for you and the innocent civilians in Falujah and to hell with the insurgents and their supporters.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I'm guessing theres a rush on making more sandbags in Falujah tonight.

If it happens good luck Coalition troops, If I beleived in Religion I'd pray for you and the innocent civilians in Falujah and to hell with the insurgents and their supporters.

I'll Pray for us all , okay and I agree, let them do what they are going to do to themselvs but God protect the coalition and the innocents.......

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I seriously doubt the insurgents would use chemical weapons. They & those around them would be more susceptible to them then those they would be trying to poison. Besides as some have pointed out, that would just give the military an easier solution by using a bigger hammer (whatever that might be) to put an end to the fight.

To me this looks more like disinformation put out by the US backed Iraqi government for reasons that are not quite clear yet.

Hey Judge is that you subversion?

[edit on 3-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Truth be told I dont think they have chemical weapons, but I think they and everybody must guess with the build up Bush is just waiting for Kerry to give his concession speech and getting four more years under his belt before he gives the word to clean the insurgents in Fallujah.

Hate to be there......on any side. heavy urban warfare must be the worst.

top topics

join