It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is feeding me dreams..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yesterday again..... I had the most strange dream and it wasn't the first time that it felt like someone made me dream that dream.

Does this ever happen or happened to you..and what can it be or does it mean?

Because there are moral elements in these specific dreams that are not my own I have the weird suspicion that something or someone is steering or feeding my dream with "events". Unfortunately these dreams are of the nightmare kind.

To give you an example of what I mean...

In this dream I am responsible for the security in a building and completely against my normal feel of responsibillity I cause an all consuming fire in the building. Because I have some (real) experiance as a security officer and fireman I know what the procedures are in such events and would I never be so stupid to start one to begin with. But in my dream I go against all what I have learned to do in such situations and worse of all I try to pass the buck of my doing to someone else. I woke up and thought...WTF is this...? This is completely not me..!!!

And this is the third time within a month I experiance such a weird dream...

Anybody..?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Strange. I have several dreams each night. In the last two weeks I have had the same exact dream at least once during the night, and that dream is so bizzare that it cannot possibly be coming from my imagination. I made mention to my friend a few days ago that I trully believed that someone or something was putting that dream inside me. In all my years on the planet, I have never made a statement even simular to that. But I trully believe that something very strange is happening. I have and will continue to keep analyzing this dream for some hidden message.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Welcome to "spiritual warfare".

It's been kicked up a notch in recent times.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Keep in mind that in dreams, we have almost no inhibitions. You could have also just been playing some archetypal role within the dream.

I'm actually currently involved in some remote dream influencing experiments where I pick some random person who keeps an online dream journal and try to influence the content of their dreams. I've run this type of experiment in the past as well with interesting results, so I know such a thing is possible.

So while in theory someone could conceivably insert some content into your dream, I don't think there's anything they could do to control your behavior. At best someone could create a scenario that puts you in a desired emotional state where you would react in predictable emotional ways. THat or insert some logical reason as to why you should act a certain way. But in either case you'd still be you, even if role playing another dream character.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Does this ever happen or happened to you..and what can it be or does it mean?

Yes..
It means that your dreams are not completely under alien control since you recognize the situation.

Dreams by definition are re-presentations of reality, in a dream state your brain replays memories of events in different ways making associations that are not under your conscious control.

I tend to daydream a lot when faced with difficult problems, the subtle differences in the weighting of memories yields many possible solutions. Its hard to describe, sort of like waking from one dream into another with the knowledge that you have only wandered a short distance in a small area of the holodeck.

If our dream states are being programmed (by others) then there must be programmers?
My definition of such a programmer, would be someone that could assimilate your thinking process to the degree that they could follow you into your dream state. Perhaps programmers play different roles, some build cages you can never leave, while others build doors to escape?

My favorite holographic programmers were the Pythagoreans who did both.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I'm actually currently involved in some remote dream influencing experiments where I pick some random person who keeps an online dream journal and try to influence the content of their dreams. I've run this type of experiment in the past as well with interesting results, so I know such a thing is possible.

I believe this can happen, but can a person influence a dream that someone has about themselves?

Wouldn't a dream influenced by another person usually include another person in it?

What's your experience on this?

edit on 5-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

A few months ago i saw the "final episode" of a series of dreams,that lasted for more than 10 years.In that dream a reoccuring figure explained to me a few things about dreams and the dreamworlds we visit.

He said that sometimes dreamworlds are not figments of our imagination,but places that exist beyond the physical realm(actual word:"in different frequencies").Sometimes it is necessary to fill an empty place or assume a role and this happens more often than we can imagine.Most of the times,for our own peace of mind we forget or dismiss them,but we really live a second life there.
How we get there,he never told me.He only said that we may be asked to do stuff that we don't like and go places that we hate.

Anyway this was something that i saw in a dream,told by someone i see in dreams since i was 5 years old(i'm 34 now),this someone in many dreams works as a guide-teacher and i only wrote this because in a way he told me that some dreams are planted.

On the other hand, it could only be my subconsious looking for answers.In other words don't take it literally.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

In this dream I am responsible for the security in a building and completely against my normal feel of responsibillity I cause an all consuming fire in the building.

The MSM always seems to be trying to saddle us with crazy ideas, For example obviously the coverage of the WTC event could potentially inspire such a nightmare in many.

Like watching opera, Brynhildr riding her horse Grani into the flames. She decided it was time for she and her horse to die?
edit on 5-3-2013 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
I believe this can happen, but can a person influence a dream that someone has about themselves?

Wouldn't a dream influenced by another person usually include another person in it?

What's your experience on this?

With a little effort, I can place images in people's dreams through sheer intent. I can pick something like fire, platypus, clown, try to send that, then just read their DJ to see if I had any effect. That doesn't really provide me much control over the dreamer thought. Whatever I send has to be noticed and focused on by the dreamer. If I were to send something like a T-Rex or zombies, that might be something the average person would focus on, and too much focused attention is what creates nightmares. But you're still you no matter what I hook your attention on.

Even in a shared dream, another dreamer still can't control you directly. They can only try to direct your attention. They can get you to become submissive by directing your attention to the fact that they are playing an authority role in the dreams like a polices officer. In that manner they can control your behavior by limiting it to how you would interact with a police officer, but again, that's still all you.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

That's kind of what I thought.

That's why I think the OP's dream was encouraged through spirits and not other people.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
reply to post by zatara

Strange. I have several dreams each night. In the last two weeks I have had the same exact dream at least once during the night, and that dream is so bizzare that it cannot possibly be coming from my imagination. I made mention to my friend a few days ago that I trully believed that someone or something was putting that dream inside me. In all my years on the planet, I have never made a statement even simular to that. But I trully believe that something very strange is happening. I have and will continue to keep analyzing this dream for some hidden message.

An other thing I remember about these weird dreams is how events lead to the next until the shocking part....the way the "story" is connected. It is as if the "programmer" is taking short cuts with little imagination or intent to make the transition smooth, fluent or even possible. It is as if the only important thing is to confront me with a shocking lie and the way to get there is not paid much attention to. The "finale" in these dreams are always shocking and a moral confrontation and with the intent that I am responsible....and then I wake up..... with unbelieve and some sort of confusion.

Really weird and have I never experianced such dreams in my life before... I never paid any interest in dreams before other than knowing that there are all kind of explanation theories out there. The only theory that I consider valid is the one that we dream because we humans need to process our subconscious in order to function in the "real" world.... But then again... why do I get these weird ones to process..? Are these dreams normal in such processes or are such dreams exceptional and have no place.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Welcome to "spiritual warfare".

It's been kicked up a notch in recent times.

What is the reason for such a warfare...if there is any ofcourse. And what makes me so special and why these specific dreams....what are "they" trying to accomplish?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Intresting thread ! that feeling you described is exactly same was i was having with one dream i had.. it didnt felt like my dream at all instead it felt like "someone" is interrupting my own dream flash like dream interrupting a dream

I dream a lot but this one was one of the kind.. something i dont recall having before... like a programming glitch.

edit on 5-3-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

What is the reason for such a warfare...if there is any ofcourse. And what makes me so special and why these specific dreams....what are "they" trying to accomplish?

At some point or another, everyone goes through some kind of spiritual warfare whether it's to correct something in our lives or to try and wreak havoc in it.

To get a better understanding of how "severe" or who's leading the warfare, you might need to share those other two dreams that you had with us.

As for the dream that you've already posted, it could be a spirit that's trying to coax you into something you wouldn't normally do or it could be one trying to correct some guilt that your experiencing over something that you've already done that you don't realize off the top of your head.

Can you share the other two dreams?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Sometimes our subconscious goes wonky and we have weird dreams. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that anyone or anything is influencing your dreams because we have no evidence thus far that its even possible. Have you been stressed lately? Made any dietary or lifestyle changes? Has any major life event happened recently or is it close to an anniversary of one? Any of those things can cause weird dreams. Also don't listen to the spiritual warfare crazy religious folk, there are no such things as spirits and if they did exist I doubt they would be worried about your dreams.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It seems here on ATS a lot of us are experiencing quite odd dreams (Negative and Not The Norm)... "Origins Unknown" and yes they are from an outside source or maybe just you but ... the quantum other universe you, thats a bad lad.... or a negative entity as hypothosized to me recently. Either way one of the above posters is correct.... There's a war going on and some of the battlegrounds are our dreams.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Sometimes our subconscious goes wonky and we have weird dreams. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that anyone or anything is influencing your dreams because we have no evidence thus far that its even possible. Have you been stressed lately? Made any dietary or lifestyle changes? Has any major life event happened recently or is it close to an anniversary of one? Any of those things can cause weird dreams. Also don't listen to the spiritual warfare crazy religious folk, there are no such things as spirits and if they did exist I doubt they would be worried about your dreams.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

No such thing as spirits.... spoken from someone who has never witnessed one no doubt
If you had my lifes experiences you wouldn't be so sure to dismiss spirits or the ramifications of dreams at a whim.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I can relate to this. I've had a few dreams where I do things I would not do in real life. It's very irritating because I know it isn't right, but yet it happened. Still, it's just a dream. I've said elsewhere that dreams are just a playground for the mind. I haven't stopped thinking this. I recommend don't weigh too heavily on what happens in dreams. Sure, there's some meaning in dreams and I do think we actually learn from them, but don't treat dreams as though they're reality.

I feel your pain. I believe you. I do not believe you're a bad person because of your dream. Now, if things you think are bad become real then my stance on this issue would change dramatically.

STand outside. Take in some fresh air. Shake it off. Maybe go out at night and gaze at some stars. Sit and stare for a while until the uneasiness wears away. Be calm and accepting of yourself.

(in case somebody is thinking I was a mass murderer in a dream or assisted hitler in destroying the allied nations opposing him, please stop digging too deeply into what I'm saying)

This reminds me a bit about thoughts I will sometimes have about others during the day. Not violent thoughts. Instead things like "She's attractive. I know she's married and don't want to do anything with her. I hope she can't read my thoughts because maybe then she'd think I'm a violent rapist? She already thinks I'm weird, so this would just be the cherry on top to reaffirm her convictions. I know I'm not! I don't want to hurt anybody. Why is it so wrong to notice that someone is attractive even though they're married?" Anyway, a lot of my thoughts can go back and forth and I'll curse and do different things and I'm GLAD nobody can read them. If we could read eachothers minds then we'd have to have MUCH MORE mental discipline in controlling them and making them presentable.

Again, what happens inside our mind, as long as it stays there, is ok. If it becomes real and it's not helpful and/or violent or hurtful then obviously we need treatment or prison time. I think a certain amount of leeway can be afford to the mind since it's a lot like a playground or sandbox.
edit on 6-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Johnnywhite is correct in the solution.... Ignore it, put it down to "now you know what it would feel like to be such a man" or that it may in fact be a negative influence.... Forget about it and move on.

Only when you act upon it or change does it become an issue, in which case if it were a negative entity they would have won.

Forget about it and move on... but if you get a new boss at work ...be wary

edit on 6-3-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I am not trying to plug my own thread, but you might want to take a look.The Mall World

I would be interested in more about what you have said here, especially since you know your 'teacher' so well. Definitely would like to hear about the final episode! Nice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join