It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Animal Behavior Followed by Static Build-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, to keep a long story short, the title sums up this posts content. My wife and I have two cats and while I've never been a 'cat person' per say, I have been turned by the cunning intelligence that these animals possess. My wife has owned our two cats for 8 years and 4 years, respectively. I have been in the picture for 3 years and have seen these cats personalities and abilities to do just this: sit, sleep, beg for food, beg for pets, and talk. Yeah, I said talk, they meow and as long as my wife keeps talking to them, they will continue to 'meow' in different tones and pitches. It's funny, really.

Anyhow, the reason for the detail is that these cats were behaving really strangely last night. I work from home and my wife works downtown, so the cats have a solid routine. They ignore me all day and sleep, then when she gets home around 6pm, they come downstairs, eat a bit while my wife changes, then the cats go to the living room to get pet by my wife, while I finish up cooking dinner.

Last night, we had eaten dinner and cleaned up and had just started a movie. The cats in their normal positions, either on the back of the couch, or at our feet. All of a sudden, the our larger/older cat, Avery started to walk away. His hair was sticking straight out, looking 'fluffier' than normal. He was looking all around, like he had a sense, but couldn't locate the cause. My wife noticed first and said "Babe, look at Avery." I got up off the couch and followed him quietly to the front door. He stuck his nose in the corner, stood up on his hind legs, and started licking and smelling the air with his head straight-up. Our smaller cat, Pants, followed him over to the corner and started doing the same thing, but then started walking in tight circles right behind him. This is when they both stopped what they were doing and walked around the staircase and down the hall to the door that leads into our garage.

This is where I walked over to grab my cell to record what they were doing. I walked back to the garage door and filmed them acting all weird. Typically, when I hold my cell phone up, they will cease doing what they're doing, as if they know the purpose is to mock their stereotypical cat-ways. This time, they kept doing what they were doing. Sniffing and licking the air, walking cautiously, and widening their pupils.

I opened the garage door and they walked off, wanting nothing to do with the garage. I stepped out and felt and saw nothing out of the usual. Just our two cars parked in their and both the doors shut.

I then followed them inside, to the back patio door. I walked outside to see if there was anything out of the usual I could sense. Nothing out of the usual, just a passenger plane on an approach path and my neighbors backyard lights on.

When I went back inside and quit filming, I walked to the front door to make sure it was locked. About 3' from the front door I walked into what I can only describe as a 'field' of static. Every hair on my body stood up, I got a chill in my legs, and then more static. I immediately reacted by telling my wife to walk through the same place. She didn't feel anything that she thought was different. Then I experimented and walked to where our cats had decided to lay under the dining room table. They typically go nuts when I get low, and come begging for pets. This was not the case; They avoided my every touch and then my finger sent a static shock into one of their noses, causing them both to run into the other living room that we don't use.

I was like "Honey, did you see that!?" Then I walked back to the 'field' of static. It was in the same place and I felt a pulling on me. That's all I can describe it as, a 'pulling' or a 'tugging.' It was strange. I felt completely awake and energized.

I live in Cedar Park, Texas. A fast growing suburb of Northwest Austin.

Thanks for reading my novel. Can anyone spread any light on this for me?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
wow it's the same as I had last night! in my office a lot of cats on the night , nearly every day I fed them, they were used to hearing the sound of my key chain when I would feed them, there are about 9 cats big and small .. and I used to holding and stroking them, yesterday afternoon there was a strange buzzing sound loud in my ears, I think it's normal, but when I want to feed them , by shaking my key chain, they all do not come .. no singel one of them come, I look for them, and find two small cat in the corner of the building, I used to pick them and feed them up, but when i get closer, they were all run away! .. it's odd, but I'll try to feed them again tonight

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Animals are very sensitive to vibrations and perhaps they sensed an upcoming earthquake.
Animals and earthquake prediction

Even the static you felt could be part of this and nothing paranormal about it.The fact the you felt it and not your wife is a bit odd,but maybe the clothes that you were wearing could cause you to feel it and not your wife(not sure if this could happen,just throwing the idea).

Anyway i hope it's nothing serious.In any case stay safe.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I can't say whether your experience is paranormal or not. It is a very interesting story, though.

I was jolted awake by a loud thump a few years ago and my cats were freaked out, puffing up and slowly walking toward the source. It spooked me, I'll say.I looked at the clock and it said 1:30. I got up and found my chair rail pulled off the wall. This chair wall had been pulled off so hard it took some drywall with it. Now this chair rail was nailed, not glued.

Then I felt something weird around me and a familiar aroma went past when I realized it was the aftershave my dad always used.

It was January 21, 2010 when this happened and my dad passed away exactly one year before at the same time, 1:30. I have always been daddy's little girl.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I had a dream of an earthquake 2 nights ago,a huge eq that hit what looked like an American city,which turned into a dream of me back in my kitchen,then my male cat came around making such a noise,yowling,knocking things over,and i chased him out of the house.(In the dream still) So as you can imagine,with that still in my memory,seeing "earthquake" and "cat" together in your reply
makes one stop for a second!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I know this is an old post but I wanted to put the question out there a little further.

We have two cats. The norm: One pretty much eats, sleeps, maybe bats its paw at a bug. The other rarely comes inside except to eat as its more wild (rescued cats we have had for about 3 years).

The past week (maybe 2 weeks) their behavior has changed: walking in front of me wherever I go as if to say they need something; staying close; staring at me as if trying to send a thought (just for descriptive purposes), and jumping on counters, which they have never done. This last one has resulted in broken items each time.

Not unusual for cats in general but for mine its as if they have completely different personalities suddenly: more insecure and troubled by something. Have checked food/water, fur for ticks or flees, etc but nothing out of the norm. It could be a phase and mean nothing but I do sometimes wish animals could talk. I'm sure others have experienced the intense need for their pets to tell them something, which we usually pick up on. In this case I'm at a loss.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ok above post has brought me to comment too.
My cat is acting strange. He loves being out, especially at night.
Especially in the summer because its HOT here during the day.
But for the last week he's needy will not go out at all,
and sticks to us like glue.

My dog has been whining at us the last couple of nights.
Unusual for her as well .
Maybe nothing or who knows?
Perhaps something big is about to happen.

new topics

top topics

join