It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 cals, dipped in uranium?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So I was at the gas station today and was approached by a vietnam vet who was in need for some gas money to get home. I handed him $5 and then a conversation ensued about how bad the VA hospitals are now, obamacare and how obama needs to get out of the white house etc etc. He said that he sometimes wished that we the vietnamese won because many Americans these days dont appreciate what those vets fought and some died for and he showed me where he still had an old bullet lodged in the back of his shoulder.

Then he was talking about casing ammo. I told him I knew a guy who recases ammo and also 50 cal. He said that every 50 cal rifle on the market has been dipped in uranium so I looking to see if this can be confirmed or denied by anyone on ATS.

In other news I finally found a gun store with AR's, AK's 7.62x39 ammo and 30 round mags in stock. The box of brown bear russian ammo runs about $10 a box of 20 and the mags about $30 each tapco and the value of the AK has just about doubled in priced from this time last year. $500 being the lower end is now $1200 to around $2000 grand for an AK.

Yowsers.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

There is such a thing as depleted uranium ammunition. You don't see too much of it anymore, but it is still around (not for civilians). As far as the rifle being dipped in uranium... I have never heard of that, and in my line of work I certainly would have if it were true.
edit on 4-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I concur with OptimusSubprime.

Dipping .50 rifles in Uranium makes absolutely no sense. I have never heard of such a thing, and I most definitely would have.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Wether true or not should be pretty easy to figure out. We just need to find someone with access to both a 50 cal and a geiger counter.

I asked him wether it was just some or all, he said all. I asked him where, but he didn't remember where exactly but said they all get shipped off somewhere and are dipped in uranium and it causes cancer.

Anyhow I thought it made for an interesting conspiracy theory.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
He had to have meant something else. Radiation detectors are all over the nation...VERY sensitive in some cases and definitely enough to detect that sort of thing. A truck just carrying one to a pawn shop or gun dealer for their store would be stopped by more than just state police, a couple times across the nation I'd think.

I can't think what the benefit of the rifle would be anyway? A coating only helps the bullets for penetration power doesn't it? On the barrel or receiver? I wouldn't think it would help with heat or be particularly more durable, would it?

I'm just trying to imagine what he could have meant?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I know it sounds crazy.

But think about the russians who fought for communism that were later offed by their fellow comrades. Radiation poisoning may kill slower than a 50 cal, but it still is a killer none the less.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well if the FEDS did it, I dont think it would raise too many alarms. And perhaps it is a low concentration that does the most damage over time.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

If the Feds did it, that's true. Military loads at a certain level don't stop at scales and at a higher one, stop for nothing at all as far as that goes.

Did he say all .50's on the market though? .50 rifles aren't uncommon at gun shows or in pawn shops here in Missouri. Expensive, no doubt. $3,500 for an off name one I saw a few months ago to $10,000 for a Barrett someone had a tag on at the Gun Show. (never did see that one sell). That's why I mentioned civilian trucking because in some parts of the nation, they are just another rifle like the rest.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

He said all 50 calls. I am assuming he meant that all 50 calls even for the military.

I added in the word "market" as a generic term, because I forgot to ask him how long they have supposedly been doing this.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It's probably not what he meant but something occurred to me. It would be useful in one way. If used in a very narrow and specific way, it would be a marker to track on all .50 rifles. I'm probably too conspiratorial minded sometimes though. lol....

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Tell ya what, tomorrow when I get off duty, I'll borrow a geiger counter from my associate, and make a trip over to my buddies house and see if his barrett is radioactive. Mmmmkay? I'll even wager a shiny nickle on it being clean.
Deal?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Thats interesting.

But I think that the people that have disarmed a populace before have this down to somewhat of a science and they know that it will take generations to become a success, thats what got my spider senses tingling.

There is also a possibility that some arms are chipped with rfid. I have thought of that but dont know where to get an rfid scanner and probably couldnt afford one anyways.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DC434L2A

Deal, but remember pics or it didnt happen.

And what do you think will happen if what this guy says is true and it becomes widespread knowledge?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
Then he was talking about casing ammo. I told him I knew a guy who recases ammo and also 50 cal. He said that every 50 cal rifle on the market has been dipped in uranium so I looking to see if this can be confirmed or denied by anyone on ATS.

That doesn't make sense, but no, they're not dipped in uranium. Why would you? I have two, by the way.

Now, I do like to fire ball ammo that's been dipped in molybdenum, keeps the barrel nice and shiny. No uranium, though.

Edit to add: if your buddy is thinking that they can then track it by radiation, well, uranium's not very radioactive. Even non-depleted uranium. You can stand on an infinite plane of raw uranium and never hit your rad limit. The half-life tells the tale, when it's in billions of years, it's not very radioactive.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Have you ever even thought to check? Do you have a geiger counter?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Uranium metal has a very distinctive color. My rifles are black steel. Not only that, what do you mean by 'dipped'? In molten uranium? or what?

Again, uranium isn't radioactive enough to 'track', if that's the goal. I might also add that thin layers of uranium are notorious for being pyrophoric and I've yet to see a Barrett or M2 burst into flame.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Nope DU rounds are all purple tipped and BEYOND tightly controlled.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Uranium is too toxic, people would be lighting up like Christmas trees.

Now, I wouldn't put it past them to mark large caliber weapons with a tracer of some sort, but it would be something much less tetragenic. Maybe an isotope of iodine?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I was thinking more of it causing cancer not to be tracked like the guy said. He said it was dipped, not sure what he meant by that. I almost offered to give him a ride just to talk to the guy but I didnt know where this town was he was from and he was asking for gas money so this tells me that he had a vehicle. I would have spent more time with him but I had lunch scheduled for one and I wasnt ready to miss out on that.
edit on 4-3-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I agree,,,,,something was probably "lost in the translation" (maybe he was high?). I think he meant that they were using .50 cal (BMG) Depleted Uranium (DU).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join