It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the UK is being sold off to the rich cronies of the Conservative government.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

You didnt know Thatcher's heart and soul had been transplanted into David Cameron's body?
You forgot to mention that Blair acted as a sarrogate in between those two.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Blair, Thatcher, Cameron, unions,..........so many puppets to blame.

The Game is rigged........so don't play the Game!
edit on 5-3-2013 by Elliot because: grammar

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
So many voters of 'other parties'.
Whoever you vote for, the Government still gets in.
Nothing changes. The Grand Plan marches on to fruition.........like it or not.
Yep. Its time to make voting compulsory and then add 'None of the above' to the voting forms.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
The UK has been in that process of being sold off for about thirty years if not a bit longer. Even the HMRC buildings are not owned by the government. .

I totally agree - it is a disgrace actually. However - the people of Britain have allowed it to happen..

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

You know, I have often thought that. However, one cannot place all the weight of the problems of the nation, upon its citizens. After all, certainly where the last two governments are concerned, one was elected while the people were under the mistaken impression, that it was a Labour government, which , as it turned out, was a total lie, a sham. Then you have this current shower, which is a government that NO one wanted to see. No one wanted a coallition to result from the last election.

And the results have been hilarious. I never thought the Liberal Democrats would have gotten into bed with the bloody Conservatives. Before the current government formed, I would have expected to see world peace and universal brotherhood before I EVER saw that.

And, to be fair to the people, those who voted for the Liberal Democrats last time around, did so because the lies they told were so sincere! Im a pretty well informed guy, but even I thought a vote for them would be a vote for positive change in this country.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Oh I think I can / we can - after all, they voted the governments in. They did NOT demand better.

They allowed the people to be trodden on by dirty politicians, and when there was no resistance the politicians went further and wiped their faecal laden, steel tipped, big boots, on the people of the British Isles.

Yes I blame the people - they allowed it. It was done with their consent,

edit on 5-3-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

The people have no power.

edit on 6-3-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
have we all seen zeitgeist yet pts 1,2,3. it all makes more sence after watching it.....we have been losing our utility companys since the 70s. the nhs,police,even the forces will go to the private sector eventually as the country falls more and more into so called debt...we cant make interest payments so we lose part of our wealth, the usa has paid 10s of trillions in interest payments they have paid the national debt 1000 times over yet still they owe 17 trillion. bank of england the fed and others are printing money with nothing to back it up its a downhill ride with nothing to stop it, well war,total world dictatorship...!!!!! watch zeitgeist then watch bill hicks to bring you back up...... my thoughts are CUT YOUR SPENDING on everything repair over buying new barter instead of buy anything that reduces their take,use a push bike when you can instead of the car,almost a £ goes to them in tax..for every litre. check out the resource economy it makes total sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jednmorf

where and to whom are all these so called 'debt repayments' being made?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'm going to vote Green in the next election. The reason being they are the only political party with any morals, and appear to be above corruption. Lib Dems and Labour have basically become clones of the conservative party to capture "the middle ground" votes.
If only all disaffected Labour and Lib Dem voters switched their vote we could get a Green government in power for the first time.
Maybe then we could start to reverse the asset stripping damage that has been done to our nation.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

watch zeitgeist full movie on you tube, it can explain a lot better than i could elliot

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Simple vote them out.
And then burn them all Mahahahahahahahaha ahaha

Iam voting UKIP next election at least they seem to care about us. (hate them all but they are the lesser of the evils)
Something needs to be done the last thing we need is to be more like the US (
)
edit on 4-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

They already are voted out. PFI came in initially under John Major but wasn't particularly used, but Labour used it as another credit card but forgot the bill would need paying at some point. This is a seriously large part of the current financial mess we are now in but of course to suggest everything isn't the fault of the coalition just isn't very fashionable.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
We face the same problem here in the UK and have done since 1979 when the balance of wealth was shifted from the people to the corperations (Tory Policy).... selling off the nationalised industries. Now the Tory Government expects these same corperations to supply Jobs and Wealth in a trickle down effect to the poor, but it's not working the way they planned.
The recent realisation that the peoples money they gave to bank bail outs is lost and furthermore the said banks are not lending out to businesses to encourage growth in the economy...

Our Tory Government isn't too bothered though because they only cater to the Rich...... the Poor, well they can just have the leftovers... The Tories then turn to the Middle Class who are now working harder than they have ever before and declare, "It's the poor and the disabled that are making you work harder" Next will be the Immigrant Card. Meanwhile deflecting any blame from the Rich who are busy stockpiling and they are the real Tory Taskmasters...

I said it before and I'll say it again.... The Crash of 2008.... Tory Banking Consultants
How Far would you go to regain power over one of the top five richest nations in the world... Something drastic because after years of misery under Thatcher and Major they needed a miracle to ever get back into office.

It Seems that both the US government and the UK government are playing from the same playbook.

S&F Thankyou for sharing this video... Everyone should share it.

I repeat what I said there, here..... As for Voting for Lib Dems its plain to see now, they were the Tories Trump Card when seats were needed. Lib Dem vote is definitely a waisted vote never again.
Next will be the great share sales of the NHS and the Police Force .... 1 brick(Policy) at a time e.g Police Comissioner Voting. Those in the UK from the eighties might understand this.... "Tell Sid.... F*^&OFF".

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And elsewhere... somebody just got evicted from a reality TV show, another danced on ice and its all kicking off in the Queen Vic.

Far more relevant and interesting for most

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by SecretFace

Just to add, don't trust the unions, never trust the unions. I'm used to be with the PCS, absolute rubbish, just another bunch of self serving opportunists.
What action did you take while you was a member of that union? Members are the union not the union officials.

Before withdrawing did you act as a Rep or give your Rep support? Did you take part in branch where the union rules and direction are decided? Did you via your Branch take your unions leaders to task over the things you see as wrong? Or did you as many members seem to do just pay your subs and think your job was done?

They will make decisions behind members backs, they will have meetings and decide what to do without input from anyone other than the top tier and they will be paid off when it suits them.
Did you attend any of those meetings? Did you campaign against things you see as being done behind your back?

I agree you most certainly do not trust them. You also should not relegate your future to those that do not care for your future and the vast majority of us have done this for too long

I've had more battles with the PCS than I have with my own governor, I've pulled them up and all sorts and also advised them of a lot of, underhanded work methods/policies (shall we say) being covertly implemented and nothing was ever said or done, even with members backing me up. I want to be with a union, without it you are dead in the water especially if you're front line, but I've found that they have no interest unless its for the interest of the entire union and to be honest have little clout whatsoever when it comes to the big decisions. Strike! Great, next day we're working under the exact thing we were striking against!

I've known guys to be hung out to dry and the PCS have done nothing, I've known other guys who were banged to rights and the PCS have gone out of their way to assist them. They give it all the talk, but what have they achieved? I give credit to the RMT for what they have achieved by basically holding the city to ransom but getting good pay packages (if that's your thing), but from guys I know on the LU, you're basically forced in to it and if you don't go along with their decisions then your name is mud. I'm sorry but to me, thats no different than the scum that are running us in to the ground, swapping one form of scum for another. The idea of a union is great, like the idea of everything else in this country, but in my experience and from other people who I have known to be union members and/or reps, its riddled with corruption and self serving opportunists, no different than the government to be honest.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Tony blair signed a international agreement called the gat world trade agreement, now in the small print it states all publicly provided services must be open to private competition, to understand why he did this you have to understand were the new labour movement sprang from, back in the thatcherite era that blair copyed she broke the back of the trade union's using MI5 to spy on our own people (the officer's responsible were breaking the law) and numerouse breech's of human right's were commited during this that have never been investigated, this meant that as the trade union's no longer had much power the TUC the only proportionatly democratically elected body in the whole united kingdom lost memebership as worker's chose to forgo the union membership as it cost a small monthly fee many though they could ill afford and the union's were no longer seen as being any good to them as they no longer had any power, this in turn meant a drop off in labour funding that was filled by private financial backer's and back room meeting's with wealthy individual's(and the subsequent back hander's as they perpetrated treason against the electorate) leading to the labour party selling the electorate down the river (remember baroness varsy in her mink coat's) and simple becoming another but nicer faced conservative party, meaning they held all the seat's in the house and the prime minister was merely a puppet.

Now Cameron the man who promised to look after the poor and the vulnerable then renaged on all his promised to the electorate and remember he is not a democratically elected prime minister but is prime minister through the coalition because cleg was his personal friend, former class mate and hated Gordon brown (in other word's clegg defrauded his voter's) and he is making sure to get his REFORMS through no matter who it hurt's in particular the poorest member's of british society and the elderly, I emphasise the REFORMS as he is actually not reforming but reversing reform's,.
These men are criminal mafia not legitimate leader's and it is the common English, Scottish and welsh men, women and children that are suffering there tyranny and idiocy.

The political pendulum has swung to the right and it will swing the left but neither is ideal as what this country really need's a just firm but above all fair DEMOCRATIC and honest government, remember we do not live in a democracy but a parliamentary monarchy and our government can and will do whatever it pleases especially if they withdraw us from the European human right's convention.

Rather than eco tourism young adult's should have to work a minimum 5 years on at least national minimum living wage (£7.60 per hour not the official minimum wage which is unjustly low) and paid full tax on it, foreigner's then would not be exempt and would have to do likewise before being eligable for financial assistance, remember the bedroom tax he has introduced is merely so he can cut tax on the wealthy, put ethinic Briton's out of there home's and house large immigrant family's. personnaly I voted for the Christian democrat's as a protest vote and the monster raving looney party were not available but the truth is the Briton we grew up in is finished it has been stolen from us by these absolute rotten foul horrible corrupt people.

Remember the only reason he is promoting the work place pension scheme knowing it will fall flat in twenty year's is so he can siphon public money into the investment group's that he and his chronie's have million's in and have lost substantial value on those asset's with the failure of the private pension sector so he is clawing it back from the nation at the expense of our future - did I say he was a criminal.
edit on 6-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot

The people have no power.

That is just it Elliot - that is what we are led to believe. it is not true. The people ARE the country / state etc/
There are millions of us 100s of them.
WE have the power - we just do not realise it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join