It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the UK is being sold off to the rich cronies of the Conservative government.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Last week I read in The Times that a local police station couldn't afford to open it's doors to the public because it cost so much to build it and run it that there wasn't enough money to pay desk staff. The problem was the station was built using PFI. A private company builds it and rents it to the police. The cost is going to be £20 million over the life of the contract for a building that cost £2m. link

Now I learn that we've introduced secret courts to "protect" sensitive intelligence. (Read secret trials to stop people learning about the torture and violence we've inflicted on mostly innocent people.) link

Our Health service is being split up and sold off so we can enjoy the benefits of the US system. Health Care is the biggest money spinner in the US and our Tory overlords want a share of the cake for their mates.link

Same with the schools. Sell them off cheap to rich mates.link

The country is being systematically raped and the screams are dismissed as the hysterical outpourings of people who don't know what they really want. God help us. By the time Cameron and his Public School cronies are finished we'll have rich powerful men in charge of almost every aspect of our lives. Health, Education, Policing, all are being sytematically attacked and dismantled as the UK politicians look across the water and see what their American counterparts have managed to get away with and think "Hey, we could do that. We can bring in secrecy, fear and jobs for our mates and nobody will notice or care enough to give a damn."

Time to wake up to what is going on. Time to call a halt. Time to stand up for our freedom.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Thoriumisbest because: spelling errors

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Simple vote them out.
And then burn them all Mahahahahahahahaha ahaha

Iam voting UKIP next election at least they seem to care about us. (hate them all but they are the lesser of the evils)
Something needs to be done the last thing we need is to be more like the US (
)
edit on 4-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The UK has already been sold off by all the main parties. What you are seeing now is laws being scrapped, changed and put in place to make sure they keep it.

BoyMonkey: IMO voting for any of the above will change nothing. Getting involved and trying to change it yourself just might.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

How can I do that? My plan is to run for Mayor one day so I could destroy them from within but any other suggestions? I will try my best to help.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by colin42

How can I do that? My plan is to run for Mayor one day so I could destroy them from within but any other suggestions? I will try my best to help.
You do what you can and what does not go against your personal ethics.

I have chosen to do this via my union. I stopped moaning about how they are not working for me and have surprised myself on how much I have influenced what they do for US.

Union activists have a path open to enter politics. Yep it is mainly a labour biased route but if enough of us take that route we can change the Labour party to actually represent the working man and not just say they do.

There are many other ways to get involved but one thing is for sure. If we stop fighting we start losing and that is what we see today.

I expect your reply was sarcasm. My answer is a challenge..

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Labour backed PFI's just as much as the Conservatives have.

This government has been in power for 2 and a half years. Labour had 13 years to get rid of them and chose not to do so. What does that tell you?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
We are all too divided and distracted to do anything.
We get enraged start wanting change/rally together then get bombarded with 'upper class' peodophilia rings, NHS scandals and the benefit fiasco, which are serious in there own right...........but where do you start......
i voted for UKIP, writing to local mp's dont help, town mayors cant do anything, my union's busy with the lack of jobs and increasing redundacies.

its like widdling in the wind

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

i voted for UKIP, writing to local mp's dont help, town mayors cant do anything, my union's busy with the lack of jobs and increasing redundacies.
Watch this space. I am pressing for 'associate membership'. This has been done by the American iron and steel union and others and allows the union to get on with union work and associate members to persue the unions aspirations within the community and wider political world.

There are many ways each person can make a difference. You just have to stop talking and start doing. Starting is the hardest part, after that it is a matter of one step after another. What have you got to lose? Time in front of the TV watching re runs?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The UK has been in that process of being sold off for about thirty years if not a bit longer. Even the HMRC buildings are not owned by the government. Thats right, one of the most powerful agencies in the land, has to rent its space from a private contractor. Its not just the building either. The owners of the HMRC's various buildings, also have a contract to sole right to supply these buildings with whatever is required for those venues to operate. Everything from printer paper to biro pens. Everything from office chairs to desk fans, computer mice, to filter coffee. The contractors constantly rip the taxpayer off to the tune of three hundred percent of retail cost of a given item. RETAIL! Government departments order in BULK, but get charged WELL over and above the retail cost of a given list of items, on EVERYTHING they buy from the contractors that own that particular supply contract.

Between the rent, and the frankly spurious pricing policy of the particular contractor involved, I am amazed HMRC has anything left for the government at the end of the day! There is NO question what so ever, that the government should OWN these buildings, and organise the supply of those buildings direct from wholesalers at prices commensurate with the vast volumes in which they purchase the equipment and consumables that they use, which would save the taxpayer BILLIONS year after year after year! Ironic then, that the reason for the sale of these buildings was to make the government cheaper!

I know that the appalling state of affairs that exists in that agency, with regards to private contractors, is not an isolated case, and that most government departments have similar problems. And lets not get partisan about this, the process whose end result is the mess we are in today with regard to this matter, does not rest with any one party or political era, but with the whole sorry mess that Westminister has become over recent decades. The place needs purging, purifying, cleaning and scouring of all the money headed econo-fascists that run the place, and to be returned to its proper, just purpose. That is housing the seat of a government, elected by the people, made up of the people, and subserviant and responsible to, the people.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of your post I think it's only fair to point out that New Labour was just as complicit in this as Thatcher, Major and now Cameron.

Blair had more privately educated Cabinet Ministers than any other government since the 1800's - a record only surpassed by Cameron.

Since Thatcher set about dismantling all that our grandparents had gained for us this country has indeed been bled dry with the vast majority of it's wealth and assets being syphoned off into the hands of the select few - sometimes blatantly, sometimes surreptitiously and sometimes downright illegally.

And whilst I acknowledge that Milliaband may not be as transparent and forthright in his methods as Cameron I very much doubt he has any intention whatsoever to halt the process and to change the very system that allows this to continue or to radically alter the gravy train 'they' all exploit for their own personal gain.

We don't just need to get rid of the career politicians who put self-advancement and personal gain before the country's best interests and the wishes of the electorate but we also need urgent and radical reform of the electoral and Parliamentary procedures that allows them to do so.

The party political system has outseen it's usefullness and is failing this country.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I thought funding public services like law enforcement, including their stations was funded by taxes? Where are your taxes really going?

Tax problem in the UK or irresponsible spending?
edit on 5-3-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I thought funding public services like law enforcement, including their stations was funded by taxes? Where are your taxes really going?

Tax problem in the UK or irresponsible spending?
edit on 5-3-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

In a simplistic view, PFI is like you going mad with your credit card Today, only to pay it back at a high rate for years to come.

It's how Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron can afford all these new hospitals and schools without having to raise your tax.

Here is the wikipedia entry for PFI.

Private finance initiative

...and a shorter explanation of the troubles facing some of out hospitals in the future.

Explained: how PFI left NHS trusts at risk

This paragraph is particulary worrying as the costs are going to keep rising.

Across the public sector, taxpayers are committed to paying £229bn for hospitals, schools, roads and other projects with a capital value of £56bn.

In some cases uncovered by the Daily Telegraph, hospitals were billed by contractors £15,000 to have a door hung, £466 to change a light fitting and £75 for an air freshener.

In a nutshell, it looks like we are screwed.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Very informative. Thank you for the information.

We have some similar instances here in Canada, were private interests have started to play more of a role in public services. The biggest ones I can think of currently is education and health care.

More private schools and private hospitals are starting to emerge.

The concern though is that at some point there will be a conflict of interest and either the users of the service will suffer or the government will lose out and by extension the rest of the population.

I am unsure if a similar initiative is underway in the UK or has already been implement, you could best answer that.

Regardless, in my opinion, there is some serious funding priority issues if the government has to lease its building and equipment from private companies that will eventually lead to further debt.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Don't forget all the money these cronies make from the shares they have in work programme companies.
Each person who is placed with a welfare to work company is worth £20,000 to the company and I can guarantee that not even a quarter of that money is actually spent on the individual taking part in the programme.

You also have cash for peers don't forget.

The UK is very much for sale as is the governent and any other sector.
These criminals rape our country and economy at the top and don't pay a penny while simultaneously crippling and robbing and killing the very poorest in society through ridiculous taxes and cuts and punishments.

The system needs to change.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
When the bricks at the top of the tower 'look down from on high' and decide that they no longer need those 'poor, substandard, inferior' bricks at the bottom of the tower.........we have a problem. The 'inferior' bottom bricks, no longer considered of any use are kicked out of the way like so much dross. After all, they are not 'worthy'. If they were 'worthy' they would surely be furthur up the tower........wouldn't they? So, they are 'discarded'.
It is not long before the tower collapses.
The higher the top the longer the drop!

Sadly, the UK 'superior' bricks are about to discover what happens when the 'dross' at the bottom and middle are removed and the walls come tumbling down.

With no hard working industry, no salt of the earth commoners there is no 'elite' either.

Oh the ying and yang of life!

Not sure whether it is too late to emigrate or whether it's worth staying to watch the 'show'!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I could go in to great detail but you have to look at it like this...

Conservatives - Creates wealth for the top earners, while systematically destroying purchasing power for the rest of the country. Sells off as much as possible to cut and slash so much that its almost amputating the country. Talks a good game at keeping Britain British, but acts little to actually change anything while it serves the business and commerce leaders with mass profit.

Labour - Systematically destroys the country both culturally and socially. Creates a benefit class to allow for their agenda to destroy British culture and community in Britain. By appealing to both long term unemployed with their bribes and foreigners with their bribes, they hope to create a growing vote that will only increase. From an economical point of view they are and always have been clueless, they spend and spend and then tax and tax. They are against individual wealth and will do what they can to destroy any form of personal wealth. At the same time they do very little to spread the wealth from the elite. They overall serve the EU Godfathers very well, most ex Labour often find six figure salary jobs within the EU machine.

Lib Dems - Wish they could do all of the above while burning the Union flag and hanging anyone who speaks English as a first language.

They are all made up of rich boys and girls who have had it good. All that seperates them is ideology and the ideology of all the main parties is to destroy those drones at ground level, mainly us while serving the banking cartel. It is like the difference between Fascism and Communism, there is none to the average person who has to live under one or the other.

I used to be Conservative, I could never vote for Labour as to be honest, it's like comparing HIV and AIDS, Labour being AIDS, that's basically comparing the two parties, but what Labour did to this country in 13 years was absolutely disgusting, in any other period of time all members of that government would've been hung.

Now, I've given up on all three, when I vote it will be for UKIP. Why not? Might as well give them a shot, they talk a good game, will probably end up like the rest, but I'm sick of this being a two horse race at most, three horse at minimum and then when people do vote for UKIP the three parties all laugh like its a joke, its not a joke. UKIP were not voted for by racists, bigots and the rest like Mirror readers would have you believe. They were voted for by workers, pensioners, British people struggling to find work, English people who are minority in their own English town. English people who are sick and tired of being treated as stateless drones who should shut their mouths and hate ourselves, British people sick and tired of being told this is not our country, so where the F**k when the SHTF? Too many people can head back to their own country, parents country, grandparents country, I can't and many millions of us can't, this is all we have and yet we are made to feel like sh*t in our own country. No other country has to deal with this!

This country has got a few years to reverse what is happening, that's it, after that its game over.

I hate to think what will happen at next election, I don't want any of the big three to get anywhere near winning. My biggest fear is Labour winning, because I tell you what, the feeling all over this country is anger and hostillity, if Labour win, I expect violence on a nationwide scale. I certainly know many who said they will quit their jobs if Labour ever get in.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Just to add, don't trust the unions, never trust the unions. I'm used to be with the PCS, absolute rubbish, just another bunch of self serving opportunists. They will make decisions behind members backs, they will have meetings and decide what to do without input from anyone otehr than the top tier and they will be paid off when it suits them.

I once sat in a meeting with top governors telling us shifts will change, this will change, that will be contracted out, we're all on board or we can get off and never come back...The PCS bloke sat there in front of them and said, seems like a fair deal! I know other guys in the RMT who have said its just as corrupt. Members can often get good deals, but to go against the Union is like to go against the Mafia, same goes for not joining. Never trust them, any of them, they feed on chaos and misery. I will never forget when Labour got booted, the first thing a PCS rep told me was that a load of them were ORDERED to go around to the hospitals and start handing out leaflets to staff and patients if necessary so we can "get things moving" and people were told to make sure nobody left the buildings without a leaflet, regardless of whether they want one or not. Disgusting b*****ds!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You didnt know Thatcher's heart and soul had been transplanted into David Cameron's body?

I personally cannot wait to vote UKIP at the next election, its the only say i get when it comes to screwing myself and my own future over. Id rather be screwed by an "independent party" Rather than the Con/Labour paradigm.

The whole worlds going to sh!t
edit on 5-3-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So many voters of 'other parties'.
Whoever you vote for, the Government still gets in.
Nothing changes. The Grand Plan marches on to fruition.........like it or not.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Just to add, don't trust the unions, never trust the unions. I'm used to be with the PCS, absolute rubbish, just another bunch of self serving opportunists.
What action did you take while you was a member of that union? Members are the union not the union officials.

Before withdrawing did you act as a Rep or give your Rep support? Did you take part in branch where the union rules and direction are decided? Did you via your Branch take your unions leaders to task over the things you see as wrong? Or did you as many members seem to do just pay your subs and think your job was done?

They will make decisions behind members backs, they will have meetings and decide what to do without input from anyone other than the top tier and they will be paid off when it suits them.
Did you attend any of those meetings? Did you campaign against things you see as being done behind your back?

I agree you most certainly do not trust them. You also should not relegate your future to those that do not care for your future and the vast majority of us have done this for too long

top topics

<<   2 >>

join