"Pass it Forward" One year later...My Unbelievable True Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+25 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I posted this thread 13 months ago. Since then I have been trying to live by these words.

The best start to a New Year ever. It started a week before Christmas. Typical story a guy at a gas station comes up to you. Well, my first response was to avoid eye contact. I was with my 10 year old daughter. The young, well dressed kid told me he left his wallet at home and he ran out of gas. I ask him how much gas it would take him to get home. He said about ten bucks, but if I could help at all...Well, I gave it to this kid who had a nicer car than myself. The young man said if I will give him my address...We have all heard that. I looked the kid right in the eye and said "Pass it Forward". Forward to Saturday Night. I was sitting in the truck in front of the grocery store waiting for my wife and daughter to finish shopping. This is a really classy shopping center. My dog was in my lap and I was just looking around. I saw a woman about fourty ask a man a question and get blown off. This woman wasn't alone. She had a beautiful little girl with her about my daughters age. She walked passed my truck. In my mirror I saw her turn around. This woman had a grimace on her face. Like she was forcing herself to ask me. Well, she came up to me and said. "I lost my job and my house. My daughter and I have been sleeping in a car. It's cold tonight and we would like to get a warm place to sleep." I ask her how much she needed to get a room. She told me she had seven dollars. I could not get past looking at that beautiful young lady being homeless. I had to help them out. I just happened to have some cash. I told the woman that we had all been through tough things in our lives and I was sure her luck was changing. Her and the daughter were very grateful and wanted to send it back when they got on there feet. They promised me as soon as they could they would send it to me. I smiled, looked them in the eye. No, just "Pay it Forward". Sunday Evening... I am about to embark on a very risky venture in my life. I don't want this to hurt my family. My girls take off to the store for some sales they see. I am literally on my knees praying when they return. My wife was in mild shock upon returning from the store. I said "What's wrong?" and here's her exact words. "I was checking out my groceries and a lady walked up to me. She told me she wanted to pay for my groceries. I begged her to pick someone that was more needy. I told her I have way too many things. The nice lady said "she had picked me and that she really wanted to do this for our family". Shocked...My wife and my daughter kept thanking the generous lady. When the transaction was nearing completion my wife handed the clerk coupons. The lady insisted my wife save them for next time. This beautiful person turned and looked my wife in the eye and said with a smile "Pass it Forward". If we all did this, could you imagine? Please "Pass it Forward"

So let me give you some personal information so I can tell you what happened.

I race horses as a hobby. They are not the super expensive type you see on TV. Well, I'm am just finishing my first year of racing. My Filly ran lights out for me all year. Well, in February she ran in the mud and she messed her knee up pretty good. Not life threatening but definitely career ending. When I got into the sport I swore I would not treat my horses like commodities. I swore I would never take one to the cannery.

So, here is my situation... I'm pretty much stuck with this horse the rest of it's life. It's not cheap. To find a Stud Horse that would make it profitable to breed her is way out of my league.

Now I will bring this true story home with what happened yesterday. I was standing in line at the Gas Station minding my own business. A customer came in and said "These Asia tourists are stuck in the busy intersection. They are waving money trying to get someone to help them". They spoke no English. I could of just looked forward in line and minded my own business. I saw the precarious situation this family was in. Well, I just can't look the other way. People were in danger. I quickly grabbed a couple guys to try and slow down traffic so I could try jumping the car and get it going. It took less than a minute. The Gentleman was so relieved he was trying to throw money at me. Then a very young (10 years old) girl said in decent English "My Daddy wants to give you some money. Nobody would help us. I told the sweet young girl to tell her Father to help the next person he see's that is in trouble. I'm not sure she understood exactly, but I told her to tell her Dad to "Pass it Forward". He nodded and bowed profusely like he completely understood.

Now Comes the Unbelievable Part

I get home and within 5 minutes of getting home my Horse Trainer called...

I went to the Stud Farm today. You will never believe the Stud they now have. When he said that I immediately went into my Day Dream mode...I ran the What if Scenario quickly through my head. For just a brief moment I was accepting the Roses at Churchill Downs. Then reality hit. He made millions on the track. This Horse is so far out of my league they wouldn't even let me muck his stall.

Then a Miracle happened to Me

My Trainer who had never met this man began to tell him my story. He told how I have just finished my first year of Racing. He told the Gentleman and his wife how I refused to destroy this beautiful animal just because she can't race anymore. Also, she would not make a good saddle horse. The Filly only knows one speed.

I could not believe my ears

The Gentleman and his wife were so moved by my story they offered me a FREE Breeding.

I still can't believe somebody I have never met would do this for me.

It's at a minimum five figure gift. Probably more...

When I started my own little local "Pass it Forward" thing it was not to get anything in return.

I am not sure if any of this is related...But, it sure has me wondering. Not only does it feel good to help others. It just makes this world a little better place...

Will you join me? Even if it's just buying someone a cup of coffee. Miracles do happen. As long as I can I will...

Pass it Forward

Original Thread

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What a great story!!!!
The small things we do add up.

Hopefully I will see one of your horses here at Churchill one day.
I am only 5 miles from there.

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
whyamIhere, please PLEASE don't stop writing this kind of stuff...

ATS has been inundated with enough mass murder, MSM, and Agenda 21 threads to last a lifetime.

When I read threads like this, it's like a MASSIVE breath of fresh air.

Oh and if any "debby downers" come in here with the usual BS, lets all LOVE the hell out of them...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The love you put out into the world adds to the available supply -- so when you need it the most, it's there for you

I really do believe that at the absolute highest levels of existence, everything is one. This is why it's important to treat other people like you would treat yourself.

The person you're helping, in some quantum or esoteric way...is an extention of yourself

Thanks for the story!

I was at a grocery store using the self-check out and noticed the woman before me had left her change. It wasn't much, maybe $5. I snatched the money and went running off after her. When I approached her from behind I shouted, "Ma'am! Your change!". At first she acted like she was about to turn around and smack me, but her face instantly softened and she thanked me.

I walked back to the self-check out and got nothing but the dirtiest looks from everyone. People were staring at me like I was some kind of freaky psycho.

On top of that, someone cut in front of me when I got back in line.

Even if the world seems cold and heatless, I never let that keep me from doing the right thing. I could have kept that money, and I could have been an ass to the guy who cut in front of me. I didn't though, because In the end we're all part of the same universe!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What a Great story ! Will you continue to race with your horse's baby someday?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Charity is good

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

But if im you and your me then who are they?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

That is a great story

i also enjoy helping people in need out and putting smiles on peoples faces

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Yes... It's my dream to race horses.

Since the baby will not arrive for over 11 months.

When the foal arrives, I will update this thread with some pictures.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Can't watch the vid right now...but I have a general idea of what it's about!

You can even leave out any metaphysical stuff and look at it scientifically. As the late Carl Sagan said, "We're all made from star stuff!"

I will say this though -- We have some professional "homeless" people around here. I saw a guy on a street corner hobbling around with a cane a year or so ago. I didn't have any change on me, so I drove on.

About two weeks later as I was leaving a public building, guess who was *walking* inside at the same time? Yep, homeless dude (minus the cane). He also had a very expensive scarf on. I gave him a WTF/confused look and he gave me a, "Oh crap he knows I'm homeless-cane-guy" look. I didn't stop him or say anything.

Later that night I was pretty bored and thinking about homeless-cane-guy. I decided to make my own sign out of an old pizza box. It read:

Not Poor
Just Bored
Show me your...

I'm sure you can figure out the last line.

I even embelished the "O's" with some quick artwork. I'm not sure how long I stood outside in the -15F degree weather at that busy intersection. I also never did get flashed. I did, however, make a TON of people laugh, and I might have just turned someone's day around. I even had people taking photos for their Facebook.

ETA: When I moved from the place I was living in at the time, I had a huge pile of garbage on the corner. I still had that sign from a few months before. I set it up right in front of the pile. Not more than 15 minutes later it was gone. I hope I paid it forward for someone else to use my sign. Maybe they'll luck out and get flashed!

So homeless-cane-guy, you might be running a scam in my town...but I turned it around and make some people laugh!
edit on 4-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Karma. I believe you create you own Karma, good or bad. And your generosity brought it back to you big time! Love to hear storied like this!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Bravo!! Great karma you received from your selfless generosity. Hope everything works out as you envision!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thank you for taking the time out to share your story. It's very inspirational and a nice change to the normal threads of doom and gloom. I have decided to take up the mantle of pass it forward, and hopefully the change will move to the wider community. Peace!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Dear whyamIhere,

I remember reading your original post; but, do not remember if I responded. It was a touching story then and I am glad to know that your choice has continued to change your life. Peace.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Beautiful thread. OP, you have a kind heart, something those who do well off for themselves know nothing about. I've been homeless , most recently before august 16 of 2012 I was on the streets for 6months. I feel like those who've actually lived a life experiencing pain, sadness and anything that just makes you sad have a lot more empathy than others. I know theres those out there that donate millions to charitys and whatnot, but how about when it comes face to face as it was for you a guy or woman asking for help? I will consciously try to pass it forward as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Story would have been a lot cooler if the woman who offered your wife the grocery money was the same woman you helped out in the parking lot whom was now fully back up on her feet.... and also if the man who offered free breeding turned out to be the first guy you had originally helped at the gas station.
The way the story was written, I reeeeally felt like it was leading up to those two climaxes!

Awesome story though, I'll make sure to implement "pass it forward". I love the feeling of helping other people

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Yes... It's my dream to race horses.

Since the baby will not arrive for over 11 months.

When the foal arrives, I will update this thread with some pictures.

That's awesome....and love the idea the horse's will have each other too...don't know alot horses, but have some friends that own them, and they seem to be social animals.....has been my observation animals like hanging out with family members of the same "kind", along with thier human family....will be fun to see pics of the baby...Good Luck.....
edit on 5-3-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Great story whyamIhere!

One time, late at night waiting for the train, there was an old man on the other side of my track getting thrown on the ground by 2 teenagers, glasses flying from his face. There must have been 30 or 40 people standing around me, also facing the tracks and watching the scene. I reflexively started yelling, almost screaming across the tracks to intimidate the kids, and it worked. But not one single person around reacted to the situation. The very next day, I won 7500 euro with a lottery ticket that I bought on an impulse. I normally never buy lottery tickets.

Karma happens.

I have also experienced bad karma...

soulwaxer

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Your story really touched my heart. Good to know that humanity still has hope left in this world.

I also have had incidents in my life when I was helped by people exactly at the time when there seemed to be no way forward. There was no real reason whatsoever for those people to have helped me to the extent that they did.

I have also helped many people, both friends and other acquaintances, in ways that have made their lives. The feeling when you make a real difference in someone's life is simply out of this world. The good karma that comes back to you once in a while is an extra bonus.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I am already thinking of names...

1st choice....Pass it Forward.

2nd choice...Above Top Secret

3rd choice...Above Top Secret Dotcom

I doubt they would let me put.com

Anybody have any others to add?

<<   2 >>

join