It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This unbelievable video just made the front page of AOL.com

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I agree with much of your post.

A nation should be judged on the health of its people. It does not matter how much oil or gold you have in the ground you need fit, healthy educated people to get it to the market place. You need fit, Strong and educated people to defend it.

Schools have turned into a day prison for kids while mum and dad are obliged to work. We have the means now to tailor education to suit the needs of the pupil using a mixture of tutoring and self learning. Schools should be a place that teaches you how to learn because we all continue the need to learn throughout our lives.

Something I would love to see but never will. Politician’s second homes are in the poorest areas of their constituency and they compelled to live there for at least 6 months of the year on the same income and then see if they maintain life is so great on the dole.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by roreagin

Originally posted by cornucopia
Now that we know the Federal Reserve is a privately owned, for-profit corporation...

If it were only that simple...

Here's an excerpt from a speech given by The Fed's Vice Chairman of the Board, Donald L. Kohn at the American Bar Association, Banking Law Section, Washington, November 3, 2006...

"Agrarian and progressive interests, led by William Jennings Bryan, favored a central bank under public, rather than banker, control.

"But the vast majority of the nation's bankers, concerned about government intervention in the banking business, opposed a central bank structure directed by political appointees.

"The legislation that Congress ultimately adopted in 1913 reflected a hard-fought battle to balance these two competing views
and
Created the hybrid public-private, centralized-decentralized structure that we have today."

www.federalreserve.gov...

It is simple! You either support this semi-private central bank conspiracy or you support a public central bank. Given your answers it is easy to say you support the first. When it comes to conspiracies of this magnitude there are no ifs, ands or buts.

Of course they would use the inflation strawman to prevent government from being above them.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

It is simple! You either support this semi-private central bank conspiracy
or you
support a public central bank.

Soundz simple alright... For the Future.

How many Nations around the World Today, that rely on the US Economy for International Commerce, would be willing to trust their Economy's Stability if The US implimented a Public Central Bank I wonder... ~rore

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

No one has to go out for sushi. Charge the # out of it. Continue to charge a lot for movies. For super trendy clothes. Whatever. Kids clothes that are not trendy are pretty cheap, thank goodness they aren't abusing this space.

You sound like a person who is quite comfortable with things you most likely do not buy or use to get heavy taxes. I agree with an excitation tax...that is once again fair. What you suggest and your tone sounds more like a punishment.

What is fair? How about a federal tax (5% to 10%) on everything except food from a super market. Why should a McD not be taxed but sushi should? The fair part is at 10% the McD would be taxed 50 cents and the sushi 10 dollars.

BTW no one needs to do crap but work eat and sleep.....seems you disagree with anything outside of that formula.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
Something I would love to see but never will. Politician’s second homes are in the poorest areas of their constituency and they compelled to live there for at least 6 months of the year on the same income and then see if they maintain life is so great on the dole.

That would be an interesting situation. You sound like you live in England, but I wonder what the vote on gun control would be if American politicians were not allows the comfort of security for 6 months a year....

We still have a problem in all this. We have about 30% of America who do not make enough to live on. This is a problem because the majority are unwilling to improve their situation and anytime we focus on them it ends up total crap.

As example we build rent controlled housing and it turns into dangerous slum conditions even though it starts out nice. Once these people get their food stamps, rent control, Obamacare...etc what then?

Even when we separate the unfortunate few percent that are poor, but are VERY WILLING to change that situation we still have a large percent of the population that will go cradle to grave unwilling to lift a finger to help themselves.

Typically a household needs about 40k to live. If a person goes through life never improving their education past highschool or as a dropout, never gain skills worthy of a wage, and finally never cares to improve, who would be willing to pay these people lets say 12 bucks an hour with some over time to bring in 25k X2 to actually live on their own. Below is a small family based on 40k per year. I was very libreral in some area that could be reduced more, but I wanted to show what a 2013 40k family might look like.

Rent 12000 per year
Food 6000 per year
Utilities 6000 per year
Internet/TV/phone 2000 per year
Car/insurance/gas 6000 per year
Clothing 3000 per year
Incidentals 5000 per year
Total 40000 per year

How about 100k family
Morgage 24000 per year
Federal taxes 25000 per year
Food 6000 per year
Utilities 10000 per year
Internet/TV/phone 4000 per year
Car/insurance/gas 10000 per year
Clothing 6000 per year
401k/savings 10000 per year
incidentals 5000 per year
Total 100000 per year

The two lifestyles are not much different. The 100k has a little bigger house with more utilities, most likely needs professional clothing x2, drives farther with 2 cars needed, and saves in a 401k/saving about 10k per year. In the end not that much different, but when people do not have the ability to get into the 40k to 100k range then we have a problem.

edit on 10-3-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

No one has to go out for sushi. Charge the # out of it. Continue to charge a lot for movies. For super trendy clothes. Whatever. Kids clothes that are not trendy are pretty cheap, thank goodness they aren't abusing this space.

You sound like a person who is quite comfortable with things you most likely do not buy or use to get heavy taxes. I agree with an excitation tax...that is once again fair. What you suggest and your tone sounds more like a punishment.

What is fair? How about a federal tax (5% to 10%) on everything except food from a super market. Why should a McD not be taxed but sushi should? The fair part is at 10% the McD would be taxed 50 cents and the sushi 10 dollars.

BTW no one needs to do crap but work eat and sleep.....seems you disagree with anything outside of that formula.

First, I never said anything about taxes. I was talking about fair vs. unfair markup on goods and services. Tax McDonald's... charge 10x what the food costs... fine with me -- SO LONG as there is a closer to non-profit (non-profit doesn't meant that the people working with the provider don't get paid -- it just means they don't have to answer to shareholders/put more cardboard in their product every year to keep growing profits).

I was talking more about markup. I'm fine with a FAIR flat tax on everything, tbh.

And I do go to movies. And eat sushi. ESPECIALLY when I am gainfully employed, heh.
edit on 3/10/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I was talking more about markup. I'm fine with a FAIR flat tax on everything, tbh.

I don't understand the markup part...

Who is the one doing the markup? If McD marked up their big mac by 50% they would not sell any since everyone else would be cheaper.

Also at flat tax is different than a consumption excise tax. Why not have both? If people paid a federal flax tax on their gross then we would need like 3 people in the IRS to handle it. We can even teir it to like 4% to 15%, would not need much more. If we went with a consumption excise tax of lets say 5% then poor people would pay little and rich people would pay the most...once again fair.

edit on 10-3-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

You should check out this movement. There's still time to get involved as the kick off date is April 1st. Peaceful change is the way to move forward.

"Are you upset with how this country is being run and want your voice to be heard?

Here's an idea: Do nothing. Sit at home and chill. Don't go out to eat, don't go to the movies, shopping, work, school, don't drive your car, don't do anything!

Just stock up on a month's worth of supplies, like food, medications - those regular things you'll need - and do nothing.

If more than half the United States does this all at the same time, can you imagine what would happen to the economy? Can you imagine the sort of response that would be triggered?

What's even better is that this isn't violent in any way. It's a silent message. It's not even rebellion. But it will get their attention in as little as one week's time.

Think of what it would do - how your voice WOULD be heard if you were to DO NOTHING for just one week. Two weeks or even one month.

All that's necessary is to do absolutely nothing - don't fly - don't drive or ride a bus or even a subway. Don't leave your home to go to work or shopping - don't send your kids to school - don't pay your bills - don't do anything.

Pass it on! Operation Inaction Starting April 1, 2013"

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well, I didn't see these rebuttal videos in the first 5 pages, nor the last 5 - if someone has already posted (and discussed) the two below, I'd love to hear their thoughts.

Yes, the OP is astounding... and factual. And, so is the Tax one, following. I am partial to the last one in this post.

Enjoy.

TAX inequality in America (also true):

And, this one...

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
*crickets chirping*

No? No one? Anything? Bueller?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think because workers live like a dog, cannot get decent healthcare, even though the company they work for makes record profits, that people have had enough and are about to storm the multi-million dollar homes and track down all the billionaires. I really think that's what's happening. They should've paid people right and treated people right. They eat lobster and steak while everybody else has to eat bologna sammiches.

Banks have stolen from people since the begining. They force you to have to take out a loan, then make you pay dearly for it. This whole 'loan money with interest' scheme is at the end. People are tired of these greedy parasites taking all of their money in every aspect of life. Arrest warrants will be issued for all banksters and their families. The same for company owners, ceo's, etc.. The government knows that there's no turning back and that the people are about to snap. All the signs are there. That's why the DHS have bought so much ammo and tanks and whatnot. They know it's coming.

I think they want it to come so that they can then declare martial law. They don't like this whole democracy thing and have other plans. It's the only explanation for how they act and the things that they say. There needs to be arrest warrants issued for all of the senate/congress and charged with being traitors to america and it's people for selling out to China. Why is everything made in China????? Why is everything in all of our stores MADE IN CHINA????? Why is there a kosher tax??????? I also believe that they have kept oil/gas and food prices high to keep people under their thumb. They don't want anybody having any extra money or happiness. They don't want any of us to be happy. Only slaves who will carry out orders with no questions asked. But boy, where they wrong in thinking that us animal sheep goyim would obey and bow down!!

Now that they know the American people are coming for them, they are gonna launch a pre-emptive attack on us. That's where this whole drone crap is coming from. They actually think they have a chance!! This will be the bloodiest war ever fought. Sadly, after many hours of research, this is the only explanation that my mind has come to. The greedy parasites want total domination over the people. The people just want to be free and earn what is fair. Just be happy. But that is obviously a crime and they will not have it. I think it's getting close. If they all start flying out or going into hiding, that's one of the signs. They need to be watched closely.

Peacful1oflove is exactly right in the post above. If everyone would just stop, stay home for a few months, it would bankrupt all of these demons. No bailouts either. This must be done so that regular folk can start up honest buisness' and get our country back on track. Stay home, buy nothing. Shut the country down.

edit on 13-3-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Very interesting points this video brings up. I want to note a few points I think could be relevant to this discussion-
* First amendment right on behalf of companies makes monopolies where special interest groups make sure that real competition does not set in, America is a country of oligopolies. As an example some states have tried or have banned community broadband internet. We have just legalized dishonesty.
* Globalization has made the middle class work harder. We have to move up the food chain as lower jobs get distributed around the world. However federal policy is completely opposite to this, more government handouts, no child left behind encourages a underclass that is happy to be fed and vote instead of being productive.
* On the same note we are not investing into science and technology we have groups that will make sure that their interests are protected at any cost. Nuclear plants are suppressed (we could be totally independent of middle eastern oil), drug manufactures try to manage illnesses instead of trying to cure them.
* Our food sources are contaminated with GMO, pesticides, this causes massive inefficiencies. The population is getting obese, children are getting diabetes. Lower income folks spend too much time and money managing diseases that can be cured with diet and nutrition, this time and money can be used to get ahead.
* We encourage spending to "cure" the economy, everyone wants the next gadget without any means to afford it. Cyclic lending, economic easing, out of control spending are all big problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join