It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President discusses possibility of nuclear conflicts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It's not proven a hoax, it's proven science. The propaganda is on both sides of the issue, but the science is sound. That is something that greater than 97% of all climate scientists agree on.

I'm not going to debate this issue with you. It's not worth my time.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnbr216
Just my two cent's

Hasn't MevDev been underfire from putin about being too reformist in the past couple of years? could this recent spat of sabre rattling be just him trying to get back into putin's good graces. And when I say too reformist, I mean by Putin's standards, not by the rest of the worlds.........

1. No, he wasn't ... they were just running against each other for the President title and criticism is huge part of campaign all over the world.

2. Medvedev speech is around 12 months old and he was talking about intervention in the Middle East and tensions between nations there and not Russia vs. USA

3. What are Putin standards? Under hist administration Russia became a world superpower again. People are happy - less then 10 percent of the population lives under poverty line, average wage is multiple times higher then it was before, they don't have debt problems and more than 80 percent of the population is living in the house/ apartment that they own. Putin got more than 50 percent of the votes in the first round; that is what people think about him.

P.S.: Medvedev is not president anymore.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

I read it and i came to the conclusion that this is BS
.. Fox News + nut job + another nut job that took part of old Medvedev speech about Middle East and put it in another context = BS

Those incidents are common on both sides and doesn't mean much. Humans operate those planes, not robots. They get bored

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

If you really think about who runs the KGB...Putin?, who was Medvedev taking orders from....KGB?...Regardless of who is President the same puppeteers are pulling the strings. And ill agree the russian populace is much happier with Putin cause he stood for the people and he's got more favor, but the fact still remains there were two bombers that flew over our military bases in guam and were chased off, THIS MONTH! and last year....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Really? I thought ATS was full of intelligent people ex military smart people, wise men etc.

Old Generals etc. etc.

Oh wait... I am not going to meet anyone here of that magnitude...

I am to remain the lost one...

I doubt the Russian President threatened us with Nuclear war..

You do not threaten nuclear war...

You just do it...

No words etc. The use of Nukes is just that a weapon the last thing the Russians will do is give warning shots...

This is bullcrap...

What is going on with ATS in 2013, more suckers then I have seen in years...

Its a bullcrap story once again EGO and attitude driven...

I hate to see it happen to you guys like this...

Lemme write it in bold letters: ITS FAKE... Super powers do not threaten, they ACT...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Like i said .. it's not uncommon. The same things are happening on both sides all the time and is treated like friends colliding in each other after few years - friendly and without a problem.

edit: they weren't chased off, just had a friendly talk and after that they turned around.
edit on 5-3-2013 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

I never said i didn't believe that....and yes I know these guys are just following protocol. But do you honestly think they haven't thought about it considering the fact we have been messing with their oil supply as well as china's oil supply in the past few years? And what about the hot mic moment with medvedev last year. In my opinion it is just a matter of time before one of these nations gets

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho
reply to post by baburak

I never said i didn't believe that....and yes I know these guys are just following protocol. But do you honestly think they haven't thought about it considering the fact we have been messing with their oil supply as well as china's oil supply in the past few years? And what about the hot mic moment with medvedev last year. In my opinion it is just a matter of time before one of these nations gets

US wasn't messing with their oil supply. They have more than they need. US (i mean UN with France to strike first) did interfere with their business in the Middle East since Russia lost few billions in contracts they had with last governments. China gets a lot of oil supply from other sources and will get a lot more from Latin America in the next few years. Those things are covered so there's no threat there.

Medvedev speech was about interfering in the Middle East. It can create even more tensions between nations there and as far as we know, at least one country there has nuclear weapons (Israel). I believe they are not the only one. So with intervention there UN risked all-out war between those countries. US vs. Russia has nothing to do with it. He said that we need to think first before we send our troops there - that's all.

P.S.: And criticism was in place since UN broke it's own law. They cannot intervene in the country that is not a member and/or does not pose a threat to any member of UN. 'Attacks' were started by France and Canada and other countries got there after them.

Edit: I meant NATO and not UN.
edit on 5-3-2013 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak
[more

Gotcha....well maybe i should have said US/ allies but i get the point. Now with Hugo chavez dead opec and its affiliates can get their hands on all that oil. Who knows, the reason i started this thread was to see what everyone one here had to say about it. Regreting the title a bit but too late. Regardless we are in some crazy times and like i said on page one this is my very first thread so i got plenty of tearing into but im glad I at least brought it to peoples attention whether its a load or not its still hasnt been discussed trust me i searched.....but thank you for the enlightenment .

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That wasn't about oil. And US had less to do with than you think. Even Gates criticized members of NATO.

I can't see how did you manage to get Venezuela into this. Russia has more oil than it needs. China has more oil contracts than it needs. Opec has more oil than it needs. With advancement in technology US, Canada and Brasil have more oil than they need so the oil problem was solved before that.

I think you just trying to make a conspiracy from nothing

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

Today I am definetly in conspiracy OVERLOAD!...Ineed a break thanks for the needed criticism.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

Originally posted by ausername
He can threaten all he wants, fact is Russia's annihilation, and complete destruction is assured, dozens of times over if need be.

So what is the point?

The point is you might think that. However there are far more people who hate the usa than that would support an effort against russia . I think your country would be destroyed but russia ,china, north korea , india , iran , crap the list could go on forever. I would think the u.k. would be reluctant on helping the americans and fighting another world war on their soil as the epicenter for the war games just to defend the american terrorist state .

ETA
America will fall one way or another be it financial collapse or their terrorist activities that are pissing off more and more countries
edit on 4/3/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

ETA again

Hey Moron, you do realize that your country is under agreement to help the US right??? Ever hear of NORAD???

Jaden

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
you know last year I posted a thread of a conversation I over hear between two US embassy employees in a south east asian country where they were conducting drills at this local US embassy in the event of a Nuclear strike on the US. the players in this supposed drill were Russia, N Korea, Venezuela, and Iran.

After reading many stories since that time I am convinced there is something on the horizon.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

edit on 5-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
He can threaten all he wants, fact is Russia's annihilation, and complete destruction is assured, dozens of times over if need be.

So what is the point?

I am as much of a true patriot as anyone, but what is with this unfounded belief that the US can just whip any country? This post is just wrong, in more than one way. First of all, there are no winners in nuclear war. The fact is mutually assured destruction. Sure we can radiate the majority of their populated areas, but they will do the same to us. The truth is that both countries have missile defense systems, but the US system will only work for a few dozen missiles. After that, and the Russians have many more nuclear warheads than that, bad news.

So saying what you did shows your ignorance of the issue, and this dismissive tone means that you do not feel the issue is worth considering. It surely is. The Russians are not going to launch an attack against the US as things stand right now. If something changes in the near future, it is possible, but still unprobable. And do you know anything about the Russian military? They are not pushovers by any means. Do you know how many people live in Russia? They can field a much larger army than the US as well.

Hopefully if war does occur with Russia and the US, neither is dumb enough to use nuclear weapons. Even tactical nukes set a precedent and will require retaliation. The US could win on the ground against Russia, and I reiterate could, but it is not a given by any stretch of the imagination. And the cost would be extremely high. The same thing goes for North Korea as well. And even China. But a war with China would cost much more in terms of lives than a war with Russia.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This isn't as bad as it looks, Putin is just trying to get his military back to the old Soviet days, and this type of thing happened all the time back then. Not a cold war but but something close to it.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Again, I reiterate that the title of this thread "Russian pres Medvedev threatens Obama Admin with Thermo-Nuclear WAR" is misleading.

Did anyone actually watch the videos?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I say bring it on least with nukes you know what's coming! & anyway I'm prepared!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Joshua: Shall we play a game?
David Lightman: Oh!
Jennifer: [giggles] I think it missed him.
David Lightman: Yeah. Weird isn't it?
Jennifer: Yeah.
David Lightman: [typing] Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?
Joshua: Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?
[Jennifer laughs]
David Lightman: [typing] Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War.
Joshua: Fine

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77
I did watch the 2nd video in it's entirety, and not to be demeaning but it is from LPAC which is associated with Lyndon LaRouche and he is not known for being "well centered", politically or mentally. Overlooking that point, it is good to be aware, but what does being scared and paranoid accomplish?
Remember this Darkphoenix, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean no one is out to get you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join