It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President discusses possibility of nuclear conflicts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This is exactly as is said early in the clip. Russia is flexing it's muscles. That's all it is. Show. The fact that it's being emphasized so much seems to indicate that war drums are being beaten, but that doesn't mean MAD is truly on the table. It makes no sense. I think tensions have been high ever since the US collapsed financially in '08. It seems the major powers are all pretty freaked out about how this is unfolding, but nobody truly wants to push that red button.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I highly highly HIGHLY doubt the U.S. and Russia would exchange nukes.

It would be suicide for either side to start a nuclear war.

Why do you think Russia and the U.S. had the space race, arms race, and cold war?

It's simply competition. They just want to try and show the other side who's got the bigger cojones.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the same guy also threaten the U.S with scalar weapons?

Either way, It's insane to even contemplate nuclear war.

Like Einstein said, "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Putin hasn't been making a subtle thing out of this and to be honest, it started well back under Bush and testing him as President as I recall. I don't think Putin had much more respect for him than he has for Obama. I found another instance and the timing made this one downright rude.

Two Russian strategic nuclear bombers entered the U.S. air defense zone near the Pacific coast on Wednesday and were met by U.S. interceptor jets, defense officials told the Free Beacon.

It was the second time Moscow dispatched nuclear-capable bombers into the 200-mile zone surrounding U.S. territory in the past two weeks.

An earlier intrusion by two Tu-95 Bear H bombers took place near Alaska as part of arctic war games that a Russian military spokesman said included simulated attacks on “enemy” air defenses and strategic facilities.
(Source: Putin’s July 4th Message)

That was last July. Indeed...Nuance isn't among his strong points.

I agree 100%.

Putin's personality type I have seen before. The "tough guy macho man" who has to mess with people to see how they react.

The only thing people like him respect is strength. I think he probably considers Obama weak, and beneath him.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

You are looking at this with common sence and reason, for someone your age that is rare. It is your future and should be looked at with common sence.

I mix in some human nature and see Russia, China, North Korea and mixed Muslim states that I feal they feel they have nothing to loose, all with underground bunkers and Russia at one time believeing they could survive a limited nuclear war.

Point being humans will only "drumb beat" for so long and watch other humans live rich lives while theres deteriorate ( like the rhetoric going on in the U.S. now) and then they will let anger and rage do there thinking for them.................especially with an administration like we have in the U.S. fueling hate everyday instead of fixing anything.

I hope for your sake and everyones children that you and I are wrong.

edit on 5-3-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Right now there is a major Currency war going on, with Europe, China, Russia, USA, all the major players. The only thing left, is a World War

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

edit on 5-3-2013 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Could someone point me at the point in these videos where Medvedev threatens the US with nuclear war?

Unless I have very bad wax build up, its not said, at all by anyone other than the guy pretending to be a news reader.
As for the Russian "ferret flights"- couple of points - the US has been doing the same to Russia and other countries since WW2 and NO ONE, at all, except the people who ordered the mission, and the aircrew knows what's on the planes.

This is views reporting. Not news reporting. Let's stick to facts.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Not as much a threat as it is a warning to the US/ allies for invading and destabilizing sovereign nations watch the video in its entirety and you ll see medvedev look over his shoulder towards Eric Holder....and to be honest I think you should take a good look at the situations unfolding and you will understand that while it may be a subtle threat/warning it is a warning none the less.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Strong arming sovereign nations does not a peaceful world make.

But I suppose, it does a profitable world make...

B'stards.

edit on 5-3-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: accidentally omitted 'reply' details.. fixed.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
the absolute satanic evil America has become... all Russia must do is collapse the ice sheets.. causing a biblical flood .. then all Americas high tech wont matter..and even the air force and secret space programs must land sometime. id suggest planes dropping ton blocks of salt to create a segregated edge. if it was in a circle at the pole it should produce a pumping action causing tsunami after tsunami. America doesn't care. they only care about them there money.. that's the rich elite and the government and there famillies..the new middle class.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Look ppl I may new to this website, but I'm not to life. My wife and I have children and of course we love them more than anything. We don't want anything bad to happen to them. But listen to me. The first thing that must be said is that Russia wants a new world currency bad. So basically they want to be top dog. And they're helping Iran so they'll have their sidekicks when the time comes to move on us. Syria is Russia's distraction for the world. Everybody is looking there at the slaughter house while Russia and Iran take care of bizz. They both have common goals along with many other countries who would like to us go too. Pakistan, Iraq, Egypt, and China just to name some. What's that you say? We give Egypt a billion dollars a yr. So what! They don't need that money they just take cause we're dumb enough to give it to them. And ya'll wanna know what the real kicker is? Your president is making this all possible. Remember the little remark that was caught on open mic to the Russian president before the election? I'll have more flexibility after the election. Look at all the money Obama is having printed out. The second amendment is all but gone. Won't be much longer now. Have you looked at your money to bill ratio lately? I don't think money is winning. Especially since its decreasing in value pretty much on a daily basis. Won't be long before we're down to an A credit rating. Thanks Mr. Obama that hit the spot. Ohand thanks for running the debt beyond repair. I mean come on do we really even need jobs anymore? We can just get what we need from the Gov. Obama said he'd give it to us. I mean the government is getting bigger and bigger everyday while your checks are shrinking right before your very eyes. Don't forget about your new healthcare taxes. Come on ppl I know you can see it too. Obama is making this country weak on purpose. He is not taking his job seriously at all. He goes on vacation every week. And let's forget how Germany, France, and Europe love our president. They enjoyed waving our flags in their own country the first election. I don't know if they waved our flag the second time but they were still happy he won another term. Idk ppl maybe its just me maybe I'm flat out wrong. But I highly doubt it. There's just too much evidence against him, against them.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I dunno, I don't think this is anything worth getting worried over. It was called MAD for a reason, it is a double entandre meaning it would be "mad" to initiate a full out nuclear war. There would be no winner no matter how far underground you are because nobody can live thousands of years underground waiting for the radiation to dissipate. Same reason I don't spend my days worrying about a ELE asteroid or comet, there would be nothing anyone could do about it so why bother? If you spend your days worrying you are not spending your days living so in that case you may as well be dead.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: rephrase

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

I read darn near every reply to this OP...Everyone needs to realize a few things.

Lets go back to that ol thing called the PNAC plan. USA HAS been behaving quite irresponsibly and if you think all that Arab Spring stuff was spontaneous, I got a bridge to sell you!

Folks also need to remember there are a buttload of psychopaths running the planet now.

Currency wars have been ongoing for a while now too. Trade wars HAVE been threatened. Trade wars rapidly escalate into shooting wars historically.

The WORLD got S**T full of Germany invading countries... and the world is/has been S**T full of the USA invading countries. Syria, or Iran just may be the straw that break the ol camels back.

Anyone who takes Russias warnings lightly is a fool.

And how many leaders of the world are calling for a mass population reduction??? If not leaders, those in high places within the CFR, TLC etc??

Kissinger had been getting some face time in the news not long ago too. ANYTIME you see that jerkoff in the news, you better dig a hole cuz something BAD is most likely going down!

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Must all be
Obama's fault

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Could someone point me at the point in these videos where Medvedev threatens the US with nuclear war?

Unless I have very bad wax build up, its not said, at all by anyone other than the guy pretending to be a news reader.
As for the Russian "ferret flights"- couple of points - the US has been doing the same to Russia and other countries since WW2 and NO ONE, at all, except the people who ordered the mission, and the aircrew knows what's on the planes.

This is views reporting. Not news reporting. Let's stick to facts.

I was kind of wondering the same thing, seems this thread
is just another truth stretch!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No u can't take Russia lightly or China. China owns us and can take what's theirs when their ready. And Obama doesn't plan on taking them lightly cause he don't care its what he wants. He wants us weak and vulanerable. And that's what I'm tryin to figure out. Why he's doing it. But come on its so freakin obvious a blind mind could see it. And nobody can disagree with me on it. U know its true.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sc1981

Ok... Tell me why he is doing it, as I’m a bit
slow on the uptake,, Tell me in your own words why Obama wants the US week and vulnerable
to attack!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

To be clear in the title it states OBAMA'S ADMINISTRATION not just one individual but many, therefore it would be plural....nobody is bashing the guy its just that people need to understand that there are many cogs working in the Federal Machine that is Washington DC. Be it as it may Obama needs to quit doing things with celebrities and taking Vacays and trying to be Mr. Popular and get to buisness on helping us create more allies than enemies. But I also believe there are many agendas going on right now other than the US and its almost like everyone wants the last cookie in the jar but nobody wants to share it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Just read my first post its on this page and maybe u'll what I see.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join