It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How America is becoming a police state

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
From drones to gun raids, under Obama
law enforcement is being 'fundamentally transformed'
News reports that the federal Department of Homeland Security is stockpiling billions of rounds of ammunition have prompted many Americans to ask: Just who is the government preparing to go to war with? Highlights of “HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE” include:

“Cops and robbers: The problems of policing America when the federal government is the biggest thief” by David Kupelian

“Obama’s troubling track record on civil liberties” by John W. Whitehead, who documents how, with each passing year, Americans’ basic freedoms have come under increasing attack under Obama

“Why is the government stockpiling guns and ammo?” by Joseph Farah, who revisits Obama's mysterious call for a “civilian national security force”

“Immigration cops: Feds are making us the 'enemy'” by Taylor Rose

“Tanks on Main Street” by John W. Whitehead, on the increasing militarization of local police throughout America

“Black helicopters? Army says don't worry” by Bob Unruh, on the military’s explanation as to why Special Ops units are conducting “urban training” in U.S. cities

“Department of Homeland Security urged to patrol Chicago streets”

“Sliding toward a police state” by Steven Greenhut, on the consequences of making security more important than freedom since 9/11

“TSA expands its invasive grief beyond airports” by Art Moore, on casualties of the federal government’s security scheme, including one father of a crippled 3-year-old who says: “They treated her like a criminal”

“States pile on against federal detention plan” by Alyssa Farah, on how the left and right have joined together in opposing the federal law’s "terrifying implications"

“Stop it here, stop it now” by Bob Unruh, on Pulitzer-winning commentator Charles Krauthammer’s prediction of “rifles aimed at the sky all across America” in response to domestic surveillance drones

“Feds: 10,000 drones to fly the friendly skies”

“Is there a drone in your backyard?” by Andrew Napolitano, in which “the judge” warns invasion of privacy is just the beginning

“Armed domestic drones?!”

“It’s official: Obama can bomb you if he thinks you’re a terrorist”

“Washington state residents say ‘No!’ to police surveillance drones” by David DiSalvo

“Police state – we're almost there” by Jeff Knox, on how massive raids on a family-owned gun shop illustrate dangers of “standing army” of federal cops

“Ready, print, fire” – on how 3-D printing is foiling laws banning high-capacity magazines

“Gun-owner home searches 'Orwellian'” by Art Moore, on the provision of Washington state’s gun control law that would allow police to come into your home to check on your semiautomatic firearms

“New Justice Department report concedes gun laws won't slow crime”

“Hundreds of sheriffs tell Obama: We’re not confiscating guns” by Drew Zahn, on law enforcement officials who say, “We are prepared to trade our lives” to defend the Constitution

“How Rodney King spawned Christopher Dorner” by Jack Cashill, on what happens when the “mainstream press” constantly pushes the narrative of “evil white racists” oppressing minorities

“Immigration ‘reform’ will turn the U.S. into a police state” by Rep. Ron Paul, who says: “Imagine what’s left of the Fourth Amendment completely tossed into the trashcan”

“‘Big Brother is watching’ in ways you can’t even imagine” by Steve Elwart, on a new artificial intelligence surveillance system more outlandish than sci-fi scripts.Whistleblower

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Some of those points you listed like printing ar-15's and sheriffs standing up are positives, its a balancing act of +'s and -'s and so long as neither get too far ahead of each other most people will be happy

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
hate to tell you ... but amerika has been a police state since 11 sept. 01 ....

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Pretty sure at this point you could leave out the word Becoming...

As those are all current examples.
edit on 4-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Some of those points you listed like printing ar-15's and sheriffs standing up are positives, its a balancing act of +'s and -'s and so long as neither get too far ahead of each other most people will be happy

While I love your Avatar and my imagination is given a spin, I don't wish to "Save The Queen" for anything except the "Tower Of London"; nor do I agree that any effort to limit private citizen ingenuity in anyway, including printable ammo clips is anything but a bad thing and an inch closer to the Police State you in England live in and those with them would like to do to my country.

It is in fact a good thing I haven't found a magic lamp with 3 wishes, because one of them would be to send the British Empire back to the Dark Ages.

Nothing against the people personally but England and the British Empire are Pirates and a Disease that is eating at the marrow of humanity...the planet earth would breath a deep breath of relieve if Scotty were to Beam England to Mars..if you get my sentiment .
edit on 4-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
hate to tell you ... but amerika has been a police state since 11 sept. 01 ....

You and others are of course correct

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You might find this informative...entertaining if nothing else...

32 Signs That The Entire World Is Being Transformed Into A Futuristic Big Brother Prison Grid

It's not a super great source, but it has a few things in there that are interesting.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

The "Disease" that is eating at the marrow of humanity is NOT limited by national borders.

The Illuminati's plan has always been a global one and to point fingers at anything else only furthers their agenda and serves the interest of the very elite we are supposed to be fighting against.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
BTW Thanks for the Stars and Flags, I only need another 4,106pts to be at ground zero and a normal ATS Member again.

Meanwhile, I look to those of you in good standing to take on the Big Brother Minions who will undoubted stick their heads out of their holes, from under their rocks and from behind their keyboards at NSA to refute just how horrible what the Obama Administration is doing to our country is.

I dreamed that Government Cuts cause the TSA to be shut down but when I woke up and realized I had just gotten to take the trash out ;

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This ongoing response to 9/11 is completely out proportion to the actually act.
almost as many people were killed at pearl harbor on december 7 as were killied on 9/11.
pearl harbor brought america into a war that lasted 4 years and then things went back to normal.

Today,12 years after 9/11, we have had no more attacks and the government is still escalating and ramping up their siege mentality for security in america.
nothing has happened since 9/11 that would justify the governments need to be buying so much ammo and armor cars to be used on the streets of america.
There is nothing wrong with being prepared but nothing has happened that would indicate the need for this out of preportion preparedness.
If all this is really just a case of the government trying to be prepared then they have gone way too far overboard because nothing has indicated that this amount of preparedness is necessary, which makes me believe that there is a lot more to this than just trying to be prepared.
The type and scale of these preparations look like preparations for an all out war and not just preparations to prevent a possible terrorist attack.

edit on 4-3-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the 2 most mis-understood words on these boards are ;

police state

get a grip

enough fear mongering

the fear mongering is worse when you think about it

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
All states are police states. You can't have a state without the police, and the police wouldn't exist without the state. It's simply a matter of the degree of oppression and how overt the violence is.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the 2 most mis-understood words on these boards are ;

police state

get a grip

enough fear mongering

the fear mongering is worse when you think about it

I would like to "Get A Grip" but ATS Terms of Service prevent me doing some seriously ringing and stomping in the process so I will simply say, take your uninformed, misinformed naive rhetoric and go do something productive like clean your room. Meanwhile, I just flew to Pennsylvania and back here to CA...DON'T Tell me about over reacting and fear mongering....I am not afraid of a G D Thing , including the Welfare Dregs they are pulling in off the streets to feel me and my family up behind their B S Disguise of making us all safe.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Pearl Harbor, the Gulf of Tonkin, the USS Liberty, the Oklahoma Bombing and 9-11 (the short list) were all US Government Orchestrated False Flags...NOT MAYBE and of all of these, none has been used to harm and ruin the United States of America than 9-11; they have used 9-11 to do to us what worst enemies could only have dreamed of doing to us.

As for my over reacting to the "Police State", two weeks ago I was stopped at a Police Check Point where apparently it was obvious I had not been drinking so, they proceeded to ask me for my drivers license, registration and insurance. Next, they would like to check our vehicles out for safety issues that can use to extort more money from us to pay for their expanded violations of our Constitutions.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
I would like to "Get A Grip" but ATS Terms of Service prevent me doing some seriously ringing and stomping in the process so I will simply say, take your uninformed, misinformed naive rhetoric and go do something productive like clean your room. Meanwhile, I just flew to Pennsylvania and back here to CA...DON'T Tell me about over reacting and fear mongering....I am not afraid of a G D Thing , including the Welfare Dregs they are pulling in off the streets to feel me and my family up behind their B S Disguise of making us all safe.

Preach it!

MajorKarma speakn' some truth...

The pojama people can't argue with truth so all they can do is WHINE about it...

Thank you MK for NOT backing down.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by MajorKarma

Preach it!

MajorKarma speakn' some truth...

The pojama people can't argue with truth so all they can do is WHINE about it...

Thank you MK for NOT backing down.

I will take this opportunity to confess what is behind my sudden "Red, White, Blue, F U" streak. I recently learned I am faced with having to have a series of heart surgeries, beginning with a Stint that was put in Thursday..yeah, Thursday and I walked out of the hospital the next day but, soon I am going to be forced to either be split open like a G D Chicken to install the AMA-FDA approved Aortic Valve a State of the Art Medtronic CoreValve Stint put in. I had to go back east to do battle with my Insurance Company face to face in order to get them to approve this equally expensive Medtronic CoreValve. A surgery I would otherwise had to go to Canada or France to have done and pay cash vs insurance I have paid for put never used ever before.

Not to get off the subject but suddenly being faced with my own mortality and the possibility of my not being around to fight these SOBes and my children not being equipped to deal with them as I am, I figured it is time I spoke up. It is time to call a Spade a Spade, a Devil a Devil and the enemies of our country for who and what they are. Hopefully I won't get banned for trying to do so and/or am not so provoked by the Dregs than infest this site to the point where I break out in 4 lettered words telling them just how much they disgust me.

We are definitely deep in the Belly of this Beast and it may be too late to save what was once our country but maybe we can fight them hard enough to give our children a chance against them.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
When I was a kid in 90's I wanted to move to US one day. It really looked cool. The whole idea of that country was appealing to me somehow..liberties, democracy and peace. (yeah, peace!) Also many opportunities. But now, not so much. Still, I like that country and culture and everything, but I really don't see why should I go to that mess at this point. I hope it will get better, but I doubt it will happen very soon. There's not much of democracy or liberty left in US and then there's unemployment rate and bad economy. Too bad, I wonder what went wrong in just 15 years or even less.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Are you a parent with small children? If so, you should read and watch this: JBS CEO Art Thompson discusses: how Obama's plan for sex education for America's preschoolers relates to ObamaCare; how Obama's two-ocean trade agreement initiatives would entangle our nation with the EU and the Pacific Rim nations; how McCain's stand on the Chuck Hagel nomination for Defense Secretary doesn't make sense; how the New York Times has finally discovered China's role in the massive hacking attacks on U.S. government agencies and American businesses; and more.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Try hard to listen carefully to this man before closing your mind.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
S&F, MajorK!

IMO it's already reached Police level, as even the CEO of US has been given the right to kill citizens (in mass if necessary) by Congress, without reasoning or trial.

America is also, THE Worldwide TERROR state.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join