It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well look at this the Queen's nurses belt buckle.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
"Unlucky for some" - who may one day find out that under certain circumstances, the penalties are no longer merely symbolic.

Right. Because there is a Masonic death squad that goes around slitting throats and disemboweling former Masons.

I just don't buy all the PR schmoozing that you guys do here on ATS...

Yeah? And?

edit on 9-3-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I'm so glad you told me this and that you think you know more about Masonry than actual members.

My Grandfather was a Mason and my grandmother an Eastern Star. I know enough.
It is people who are offended because they are not invited to join the lodge who disparage Freemasons.

The Catholic Church restricts Freemasonry due to rituals. Catholics are to have no other rituals in their life other than the Seven Sacrements to be considered true to the Catholic church. Therefore, the rituals performed as a member of the Masons are not accepted by the Catholic Church.

www.redicecreations.com...

I have known some members of the Masons over the years. They are fine gentlemen dedicated to the good of the community. The Shriners Hospital, for one example, does exemplary work for children of all creeds.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Head nurse wears a different uniform, they always have.

BTW your profile image is interesting, where is it from?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BurbGirl378

One problem , no one is invited to join . One must ask of their own free will and accord . it is a violation in most jurisdiction's constitutions to ask anyone man to join , and the Mason asking would/could have Masonic charges brought against him .

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
In the UK, nearly all Nurses wear a blue uniform. Usually the darker the blue, the higher up in rank/grade you are. Nurses buckles were traditionally earned/bought on qualification, usually by the Nurses parents, which incidentally cost a lot of money as they are silver and are much sought after, even today as collectables.

In the modern NHS, Nurse buckles have 'disappeared' from uniforms due partly to Infection Control and safety of the patient. They are really only seen now in GP Practices and in the private sector such as the Nurse shown in the original picture.

UK Nurses, however, are allowed to wear their qualifying university school of nursing badges on their uniforms, usually on their lapel.

I personally wear the lapel badge of The Royal College of Nursing on my lapel everyday.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Right. Because there is a Masonic death squad that goes around slitting throats and disemboweling former Masons.

Um. No... Obviously.

But there are layers upon layers, and realms beyond realms, and the world is not always what it seems, no matter which circles you move in. If you can't see the possibility that in the (absolute) upper echelons there may be issues of secrecy so profound that the penalty becomes real, in order to protect the stability of the order, and the state within which it operates (under certain extreme circumstances, where boundaries cross into other territories, such as national/ international security), well - you minor masons are dumber than I thought.

As to the:

Yeah, and?

That's just playground baiting, so back off Bubba - 'cause my Dad's harder than your Dad anyways...

* shakes fist from behind a tree *

SIgning out for now, as this limited exchange has demonstrated that a light-hearted jibe against masonry can only end up as silly back & forth on unconfirmed speculations (regarding issues which can barely ever be proven). Other than that, you seem to want for it to devolve into simple playground tactics 'club vs. non-club' nonsense, which is quite clearly an absolute waste of everyone's time.

Ciao.

FITO.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

One problem , no one is invited to join . One must ask of their own free will and accord . it is a violation in most jurisdiction's constitutions to ask anyone man to join , and the Mason asking would/could have Masonic charges brought against him .

Not true whenandwhere. I don't know where you get your information. Maybe your lodge has those rules, but around here you must be invited and sponsored by an existing Mason to become a member. All members of the Lodge must agree to ACCEPT you before an invitation is extended. You always have the option to decline an invitation. No one can force you to become a Freemason. You must agree to ACCEPT membership of your own free will and accord. If you decline, membership in an 'uninitiated' group such as the Shriner's will be offered to you. They like good people.

FREE AND ACCEPTED

Don't believe me? Call your local Masonic Lodge and ask to join. They are usually listed in the yellow pages of the printed phone book.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What do you think I do for a living!?

There's a whole host of reasons people oppose us.

I do want to note that no one is or should be invited to Lodge. In most jurisdictions its wrong to invite men to join the Lodge.

reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

What is a "minor Mason"? Do you infer that there are "major Masons"? Are there just the two or are there "mid Masons"? What's the criteria that distinguishes between "minor Masons" and other levels?

What gives you the idea we're dumb?
edit on 9-3-2013 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I'm in a hurry and don't have time to go through all 18 pages of thread.

Anyway...
It means she graduated from the Royal Masonic Hospital School of Nursing:

Royal Masonic Hospital (PDF)

During the Second World War the hospital again became a war hospital, treating over 8,600 servicemen, at no cost to the government. After the war, the formation of the National Health Service saw the end of many private hospitals but the Royal Masonic Hospital remained independent. A School of Nursing was established in 1948 and it quickly gained a reputation for producing highly skilled nurses, whose distinctive silver belt buckles became a coveted honour amongst the profession.

Royal Masonic Hospital

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/9/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
If you can't see the possibility that in the (absolute) upper echelons there may be issues of secrecy so profound that the penalty becomes real, in order to protect the stability of the order, and the state within which it operates (under certain extreme circumstances, where boundaries cross into other territories, such as national/ international security), well - you minor masons are dumber than I thought.

Then maybe you can be so kind and define the 'upper echelons' for all as Masons that are dumber than you thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurbGirl378
Not true whenandwhere. I don't know where you get your information. Maybe your lodge has those rules, but around here you must be invited and sponsored by an existing Mason to become a member.

Being sponsored and being asked to join are to completely different circumstances. In my jurisdiction (New Jersey) if you ask someone to join you can be expelled for doing so.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
What gives you the idea we're dumb?

Paging networkdude. Networkdude to the Secret Societies Forum please.

edit on 9-3-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but I do not think he noticed

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Then maybe you can be so kind and define the 'upper echelons' for all as Masons that are dumber than you thought.

Is there no help for the Widow's son?

Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry
Prepared for the Supreme Council of the Thirty Third Degree
for the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States
and Published by its Authority.

Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1871 by
ALBERT PIKE
In the Office of the Library of Congress, at Washington
Published by L.H. Jenkins Inc.
Edition Book Manufacturers
Richmond VA
Reprinted June 1946

I just love old books, don't you?

edit on 9-3-2013 by BurbGirl378 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I just snorted soda through my nose.

Most of us Masons here are 32nd degree Scottish Rite Masons. Me personally I am the Prelate (Chaplain) of the Lodge of Perfection in my town.

I'm not as involved with the Scottish Rite as I am in the York Rite though. Not lessening the Scottish Rite I personally find the York Rite much more fulfilling and interesting. Plus with all of the invitational and honorary orders with the York (American) Rite there are a lot more degrees and orders than the Scottish Rite. If there were "circles within circles" in Freemasonry it would be this in the York Rite.
edit on 9-3-2013 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Glad I could entertain your nostrils tonight.
edit on 9-3-2013 by BurbGirl378 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I was laughing at AM's joke at Network Dude.

This board does provide some entertainment quite often though.

I'd say this is off topic, but we've been derailed for a bit, and I don't do this often, but I've had a good day as I was initiated into the Order of Knight Masons.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Well that's fine and thanks for the info. My point was, some people here were implying that she bought the belt buckle off e-bay. I highly doubt a nurse working with the queen would wear a fake masonic belt buckle. Thank you for your time.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thank you defcon. This should be added to the OP as I expect it will get missed on page 20.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by defcon5

Thank you defcon. This should be added to the OP as I expect it will get missed on page 20.
It was figured out by page 2... this thread should have been closed days ago...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BurbGirl378
Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry
Prepared for the Supreme Council of the Thirty Third Degree
for the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States
and Published by its Authority.

Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1871 by
ALBERT PIKE
In the Office of the Library of Congress, at Washington
Published by L.H. Jenkins Inc.
Edition Book Manufacturers