It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well look at this the Queen's nurses belt buckle.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012
reply to post by network dude

I did read it and NO it does not explain THIS hospital. MY GOD.........

Some hospitals like the one this one might represent could have been a masonic hospital - yes the mason's did historically run some hospitals in England.

This poster is guessing.....YES GUESSING..........once again MY GOD...................

no. please click this link

notice it's talking about The Royal Masonic Hospital. Since it's no longer called that, the name has changed, but it was once called that, and it did have the belt buckle exactly as seen in the OP.
If any of what I posted is wrong, please let me know, but the fact that others have provided links directly to the source, I seriously don't know what else you might need for proof?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The second link you posted is about a hospital in Ravenscourt Park, West London. The King Edward VII Hospital is on Beaumont Street, London, 2 DIFFERENT locations and 2 DIFFERENT hospitals.

Once again MY GOD.... NO..... that 2nd post does NOT provide the proof of ANYTHING of THIS hospital.

edit on 5-3-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: grammar

NOW....what was that about being OBTUSE you were saying??
edit on 5-3-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: added info

Please look at this picture.

now look at this picture.

Now read this post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

now read this link.
www.freemasonry.london.museum...

if after you review all this, you still feel that somehow, no answers have been given and something nefarious might just be going on here, I have nothing else to offer. You must be right. I am sorry for offering assistance, continue with the obtuse discussion.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Where in that post did I refer to the buckle? I was not ........I was talking about the hospitals........they are different hospitals and NO this hospital is NOT a masonic hospital as far as I can tell. The one you quoted from the other post was built in 1933.........THIS hospital was built in 1899 and is a private hospital. The very reason I asked if someone could go to this place and find more info is we don't know for sure if that particular nurse came from the Masonic hospital and now works here or if they follow those buckle traditions at this hospital. This hospital:

www.kingedwardvii.co.uk...

IS NOT THIS HOSPITAL

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
Yes KoC is Catholic-only, but many Shriners are Catholics. When I was a lad, living in a large Catholic community, there were quite a few Shriners in my parish. Several of whom we'd see at all the area city summer parades riding their full-fairing Harleys in formation. I don't think they were under any Catholic directive to not be a member of the Shriners.
The Shriners brought the circus to town and were always known for their charity work on par with the local Lion's Clubs.
There's a Catholic directive not to be a Mason.

All Shriners are Masons.

Therefore, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, no Catholics should be Shriners.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesis
I don't think the Wiccans would appreciate the confusion.
Why not? Gerald Gardner, the founder of Wicca, was a Freemason.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Yep, and Wicca also does not own that symbol, despite what some would like to think. As I keep saying, Many groups have used it over the centuries, including Christians.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

The nurse received her credentials at the Masonic hospital. As described in the first link. Unfortunately, you actually have to read and not just look at the pretty pictures. the first link describes how a nurse would receive a belt buckle of some sort upon completion of her residency. (or whatever they call it) The second link shows a picture of the belt buckle given to nurses that received their training from the Masonic hospital in question. Here is where you have to kind of take a leap of faith. Since the lady in the OP is said to be a nurse,(still with me?) and she has a shiny belt buckle that looks an awful lot like the one in the picture (second link, remember?) it's logical to assume that she used to work at that hospital and received her training there.

Now I will admit that it's possible she is a closet Satan worshiper and she liked the symbols on the belt buckle strictly for their occult meaning,and even that she isn't' a nurse, but a shape shifting reptilian from center earth, but the logical side of me thinks perhaps a cigar is just a cigar.

in your last post you said the two hospitals are not the same. I agree. One is where the nurse was trained, and one is where the Queen was staying. I sure hope we are making headway now.
edit on 5-3-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus drinks beer with Jay Z but would prefer zima.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The pentagram is a good symbol, it is not evil. The cinema (Hollywood) made it evil.

The Caduceus, (not mentioned in this thread) is a sword or cross with two snakes intertwined. It is the symbol of modern medicine. Moses told the Israelites to look upon it to be cured.

I mention these two because so many misinterpret their meaning.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i'm more disturbed by the preponderance of photos printed of the ole gal. 14 + a video! really?! the belt is clearly part of a hospital uniform...masonic hospital? whatever, imho, these symbols only have power if you give it to them. but really, 14 photos? i will say, in the picture above the video, she does look pretty evil.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The nurse is actually the Quality & Risk Manager at the hospital.

www.kingedwardvii.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

The nurse received her credentials at the Masonic hospital. As described in the first link.

Did that hospital have a system to earn a buckle like this? Sure it appears so......Did THAT nurse get her credentials at THAT hospital? That post does not prove that AT ALL IN ANY WAY and neither have you.

Unfortunately, you actually have to read and not just look at the pretty pictures. the first link describes how a nurse would receive a belt buckle of some sort upon completion of her residency. (or whatever they call it) The second link shows a picture of the belt buckle given to nurses that received their training from the Masonic hospital in question. Here is where you have to kind of take a leap of faith. Since the lady in the OP is said to be a nurse,(still with me?) and she has a shiny belt buckle that looks an awful lot like the one in the picture (second link, remember?) it's logical to assume that she used to work at that hospital and received her training there.

In the first paragraph you said she IN FACT got her creds at that hospital. NOW you say it's logical to assume she did. So your assumptions are magically turned into fact because you say so?

Again, I posted this:

Now there must be someone close by this hospital so stop on over and find out if this is normal for nurses to wear at this location or an individual thing and if she is merely wearing a "fashion accessory".

To which you replied:

MY GOD! you folks are amazingly obtuse! read the thread! The answer and appropriate links and proof were provided on page 2 and 3. This post explains it and this post provides the proof. If you aren't going to read the thread, why are you even here?

The answer to my question of if this happens at this hospital, King Edward VII, was NOT answered at those links PERIOD. Those links say NOTHING about THIS hospital. The fashion accessory comment was of course a joke but again she may very well have carried that buckle to this hospital and NOT earned it here BUT neither you or anyone else has shown PROOF of either.

Again to recap:

1) You have posted no proof that this nurse earned that buckle at the Masonic hospital mentioned PERIOD.

2) You have posted no proof that this hospital, King Edward VII, follows the traditions or practices of the former Masonic hospital closed in 2006 PERIOD.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maybe I'm being obtuse but I just don't see the grand conspiracy with Masonry. Sure, there are tons of powerful people who are masons, and I'm sure there is some cronyism and evil going on at that level. But my grandpa and Uncle LeRoy aren't planning on taking over the world at their weekly lodge meetings. Promise.

Also, I believe the STAR could also represent The Order of the Eastern Star, which in my neck of the woods is the women's version of Masonry and is an affiliated organization. Although I think a lot of places allow both women and men in this particular branch.

If someone already said this I sincerely apologize, as I broke my cardinal rule of reading the whole thread before replying. Mea Culpa. *Goes to read the rest*

ETA: and I see it has been brought up...god I'm a jerk. Sorry.
edit on 3/5/13 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Where in that post did I refer to the buckle? I was not ........I was talking about the hospitals........they are different hospitals and NO this hospital is NOT a masonic hospital as far as I can tell. The one you quoted from the other post was built in 1933.........THIS hospital was built in 1899 and is a private hospital. The very reason I asked if someone could go to this place and find more info is we don't know for sure if that particular nurse came from the Masonic hospital and now works here or if they follow those buckle traditions at this hospital. This hospital:

www.kingedwardvii.co.u...
IS NOT THIS HOSPITAL

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you network dude - spot on.

Smoking Gun - nurses in England and in London in particular used to train in schools of nursing in hospitals - not anymore. Anyway - these hospitals are sometimes ancient and had long traditions. Pre NHS [ 1948 ish] these hospitals were run by various charities and trusts and yes even the masons.

The nurses who were graduates from these hospitals - usually earn insignia from these institutions - which they wear throughout their career - if they choose, even when they work at other hospitals.

Let me find some other buckles to show you - i will be back.

But please note network dude is correct 100 %/
edit on 5-3-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Nurses belt from Kings College Hospital , London

Hospital Badge and Belt Buckle from the royal Orthopaedic Hospital London

Above UCH [ University College Hospital, London ] Belt Buckle for nurses and badges the one on the right is the one used until the late 80s / 90s and the buckle design remained the same.

Below the same for Westminster Hospital London.

It is worth noting that alot of these hospitals are ancient in origin - although nursing has only been around officially since the 1800s and the Crimea war with Florence Nightingale's influence.

Therefore the badges and buckles date back to then but the symbols are often from a much more ancient source associated with the particular hospital or trust or organisation that ran the hospital prior to the NHS [ in c 1948].

Many of the insignia take / borrow from the military - as nurses originally were trained to look after soldiers and many of the hospitals were military in origin.

Hospitals like St Bartholemews in London date back before the 1400s and many are on the sites of old priory's etc.

Therefore the insignia is heavily laden with hidden meanings - that does NOT mean the nurses are.

They are just nurses by and large.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Eastern Star is not recognized in England:

There exist in England and Wales at least two Grand Lodges solely for women. Except that these bodies admit women, they are, so far as can be ascertained, otherwise regular in their practice (emphasis added!). There is also one which admits both men and women to membership. They are not recognised by this Grand Lodge and intervisitaion may not take place. There are, however, informal discussions from time to time with the women's Grand Lodges on matters of mutual concern. Brethren are therefore free to explain to non-Masons, if asked, that Freemasonry is not confined to men (even though this Grand Lodge does not itself admit women). Further information about these bodies may be obtained by writing to the Grand Secretary.

The Board is also aware that there exist other bodies not directly imitative of pure antient Masonry, but which by implication introduce Freemasonry, such as the Order of the Eastern Star. Membership of such bodies, attendance at their meetings or participation in their ceremonies is incompatible with membership of this Grand Lodge.

These two excerpts come from an announcement in the 'Grand Lodge News' of the UGLE that followed the March 10th, 1999 Quarterly Communication of UGLE.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Malynn you are not a jerk you and I have inside knowledge and are not afraid or superstitious.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
se·cre·cy (skr-s)
n. pl. se·cre·cies
1. The quality or condition of being secret or hidden; concealment.
2. The ability or habit of keeping secrets; closeness.

Governments; black budget(secret). I resent the fact that my government steals my hard earned money to develop better and easier ways to kill me and my fellow man and keep this information from the general public!

Vatican; (Roman Catholic Church). Romans murdered a man who's ideals were so innovative that a religion was transformed around him and then usurped the "religion", even using the man's name, and changing the whole basis of the original beliefs of it in favor of and integrating it into their pagan beliefs.

Masons; Did not the Masons build the cathedrals for the Roman Catholic Church? Do they not meet in secret(not the fact that they have an organization but that their meetings are secret), secret handshakes, secret knowledge and so on...?

Why the need for separating themselves from all others? Because they believe themselves to be above all others? Why the need for secrecy and separation from the rest of humanity if they recognize themselves as equal and related to the rest of humanity?

If these groups choose not to live with and amongst the rest of humanity, perhaps they should should not be here!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DissentFromDayOne
ALSO: do not confuse CATHOLICS and CATHOLICISM with real Christians. They are sun worshipers (that is what easter and christ-mass are all about).]

Dude ... don't even go there. Catholics ARE Christians. The bible came from the Catholic Church. And there weren't really any protestants around until the 1500's. So I guess Christianity just got really started in the 1500's??
No.

Stop reading Jack Chick Tracts.
Catholics are Christians.

As for the belt buckle ... I again state that it doesn't matter. If someone was part of some big secret evil organization plotting world rule, they wouldn't be wearing an ugly big-freak'n shining belt buckle like that one.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Collecting Nursing History 7
Pictorial History - Collecting Buckles & Badges

Nurses' buckles & badges

Edelweiss James

This article was originally written in 1994 but may well be of interest as it touches on hospital buckles as well as badges. My collection of both has considerably expanded since then.

Several years ago when I first started collecting nurses’ and hospital badges, my enquiries at antique fairs invariably met with a response about nurs­es' buckles. I would explain to the dealer that on completion of a nurse's training, the hospital usually gave, or sold, a badge to show that they had quali­fied there. Now at least they know what I am talking about.

As regards buckles, it is the tradition for trained nurses to wear a buckle on their belt; this is usually silver and is often Victorian. This is the only bit of individuality that was allowed in a nurse's uni­form. The buckles are normally worn with a black petersham belt (petersham being a kind of material).

When I was nursing, I was aware that two hospitals produced their own buckles as well as their own badge. These were the University College Hospital, London (UCH) and The Westminster Hospital, London. Since then I have come across several other examples.

www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk...

An interesting article by someone who collects and knows about nurse' belt buckles.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Yes I see that several hospitals did this type of "badge" type thing. My question was where is the proof she earned it at that hospital? It appears that it was the only hospital giving that exact badge so one could assume she got it there BUT with no proof it is hard to say. I would hate to think she was wearing her mother's badge that was handed down.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join