It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Ammunition Shortage Sucks...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Why is there an ammunition shortage. Is it being done on purpose or is demand simple outstripping supply.. If so who is buying all the ammo. People or government...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If anyone has the raw materials to make ammunition, there is a TON of money to be made. There are some Soccer Moms who get together in my area, and have decided to start making ammunition right now they are making 400 rounds for $200, per person per hour a lot better than minimum wage.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In the last 3 months gotten lucky twice at Wally World, and I was limited to 2 boxes each time. I'm still sitting on my shtf ammo, but there is no way I'm spending .65 to $1 per round to hit the range.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The ammo shortage does not seem to hitting as hard here in Ohio, the prices are definately up. But if you have the cash, it's available.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
If anyone has the raw materials to make ammunition, there is a TON of money to be made. There are some Soccer Moms who get together in my area, and have decided to start making ammunition right now they are making 400 rounds for $200, per person per hour a lot better than minimum wage.

Stay out of the way of a soccor Mom when she gets it into head to do something.

Good for them!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Both: it is like a "short squeeze" in the markets. Those that did not have enough ammo and figured to buy when they needed it were defacto "short" and when the DHS came in and started locking up supply followed by the panic precipitated by the gun legislation post Sandy Hook then it became a runaway market as typified by "shorts" needing to cover at the same time that "new longs" entered competing for price further exacerbated by the sellers (often the middlemen or large dealers like "Cheaper Than Dirt") raising prices to levels that are being met with online auctions (even tho there cost basis is much lower). Blow offs in the market can double or triple the price in a short period of time (ie, 3-6 months) then prices return to the point of acceleration once more. I hope that this commodity/financial market analogy helps make sense of the dynamics at work here in this case (ammo bull market).

edit on 5-3-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Check out all of the online retailers, Lucky Gunner, Able's, Cheaper than dirt etc etc. All Gone too!

I was very surprised to see .22lr fly off the shelves first. Now, at my largest local gun dealer, 9mm is completely gone as of Saturday. First, they had 5 box limits that dwindled to two box limits and now Zip, Nada, Nil,. It was kind of funny, the gun counter was two and 3 people deep. I saw few ARs on the rack but most were buying handguns. It would suck for a first time buyer to pick a shiny new 9mm and not be able to buy enough ammo to break it in.

Reloaders and reloading supplies are tapped out as well. I'm a day late and a dollar short in getting my hands into brass reloading. I should have bought a set up last year when the writing was on the wall.

Time to take up airsoft training in the basement.... That's what I've been doing.. To think I was looking forward to shooting outdoors at my club this spring. The ranges will be losing plenty of business in the months to come.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The origin and the raison d'etre for the alleged 'shortage' is explained here ---> I think what's really happening here is a preparation for another Mexican American war, but of a different sort, and which, in the eyes of the Mexican people never ended. Their avowed political philosophy always has been monetary reparations, and reclamation of lands lost, which includes re-patriation of the vast territory lost in the last 2 Mexican American wars; amounting to about one third of the land mass of the United States. This is what the seemingly internal wars and fragmentary drug cartel activity is all about, which actually has as its goal a destabilization of Mexico and the USA simultaneously. The Mexicans are definitely destabilizing America as they have already succeeded in an "invasion" of at least 100 million 'illegals' from their general population and included in that are the cartels, and warlords of all of sorts, but that is merely the first stage. Actually - there is no such thing as an "illegal" alien!!!

Trust your government - they know just what they are doing and they know EXACTLY how to go about it. This 'knowing' includes such programs as 'Fast and Furious,' which incidentally was the model for the Benghazi arms trafficking CIA op. Nobody in the lower echelons of American public life has a clue about either, especially about Fast + Furious. The coming war with Mexico will include all of the so-called "drug cartels" (

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Time to take up airsoft training in the basement.... That's what I've been doing.. To think I was looking forward to shooting outdoors at my club this spring. The ranges will be losing plenty of business in the months to come.

I do a lot of paintball myself, with my buds. At least the ammo is cheaper than bullets. (and paint is much more satisfying when you hit someone than airsoft).....They can't fib out of it....

At least I have plenty of .22 LR (great for plinking)....it's the .25 I really need. Yeah, it's a weird caliber, but I only have a box of that one left, so I was looking to get more for it. It's amazingly much louder for just a tiny bit bigger ammo than the .22.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Burleson? I live in S. Ft. Worth/Crowley, probably shop at the same Academy Sports! 35 & Rendon.

I'm having a bear of time finding 9mm!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've been to 3 separate gun shows in as many weeks and the guys I know that are vendors are telling me "Wait till next month" or "Give it a little time" regarding purchasing ammo, pistols, accessories even Mosins which are usually cheaper than $99 and saturated on every show, they're priced at $199 and up. Now everything is at least 100% overpriced.

Ammo same deal overpriced.
Sucks cause I want to hit the range but not dip into my good stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm going to buy me some .40 cal pistols and wait for the regime change in '16. It might even behoove me to get my FFL again and sell said surplus ammo. Can't wait...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just found this resource in a search and thought I would share it with the thread.

gunbot.net...

Tracking of supplies in real time and it seems to work pretty well for a beta.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

Tracking on that...

I meant it more long term as a commodity such as gold, silver, etc. It won't last like that, it gets fired (its value basically disappears though its intended use), and folks can't seem to get enough of it when it is priced through the roof. That amazes me.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Looks like you can find 5.56 in quantity and for about 74c per round by the box and cheaper by a few cents per round by the 1000 case. The gunbot beta is running in real time scooping up online availability and price. The gougers are apparent like cheaper than gold I mean dirt. I am checking out 9mm now and it is still scarce but you can find it for about 10-15 for a box of 50 still.

55.5c per round by the case of 1000 from ammo supply warehouse. < best prices and availability so far in my searches on 9mm practice ammo.

edit on 5-3-2013 by endats01 because: added more info

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I only have a 9mm but Im buying whatever caliber I can find just to have them just in case. All this trouble just because the Government LIED about what type of gun was used in Newtown , the AR-15 was not used in yhe killing...... deal with it people.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

you just got to wait until the obamaphobia wears off then you will be good to go.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by Gazrok

you just got to wait until the obamaphobia wears off then you will be good to go.

I'm fairly confident that since the prices have skyrocketed and that there are still buyers out there, it will remain the same.

After all, we complain about gas prices but keep buying it anyways don't we. Same with cigarettes. Weapons and ammo will be the same. I don't see prices going down to much.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by endats01
I just found this resource in a search and thought I would share it with the thread.

gunbot.net...

Tracking of supplies in real time and it seems to work pretty well for a beta.

Nice find.

Yup, you can definantly see who the price gougers are on there. (CTD definantly)

It's times like this when I wish I had something in 5.45x39. Only 19 cents a round at some places. It would be nice if they put up 7.62x54r and 8mm mauser sometime in the future.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

How about enough to go to the range ! That is what the complaint is about , trust me anybody who shoots has a reserve they just dont want to use it . And that includes me , I cant find any and if I did its to exspensive to shoot . All over fear , people are hording ammo and want stupid prices . You are right on one thing that most ammo is pretty heavy and you could only carry so much at a time so the rest is a waste . Good luck to all in search

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join