It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my 3 1/2y.o. son keep saying that he wants to go home?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i think alot of this kind of stuff is personal belief, but i think something we can agree on is that either you accept what young children like this say as just nonsense overactive imaginations, or as something that would defy our known physical understanding of the world.

i for one have always thought it was really strange how people just "existed" like we were all born into this world and we go about our day to day business yet we really havent been here long in terms of all recorded history. then we go about our normal day to day routines and business and dont really think a whole lot about these kind of things. that being said ill tell you guys my opinion of all this, because honestly thats all we really have in regards to these kinds of things.

so personally i feel like all of life is just a simulation, a "program" and i believe we truly do "choose" to come here, this is where it gets weird because im also a Christian and this belief im sharing is not based in any Biblical doctrine. i believe that we are all eternal infinite beings who served God in Heaven before coming to earth, but in order to completely prove our love for God, we have to exist in a simulation or scenario where we never knew God but chose Him. kind of like asking your spouse or love of your life "if we met in a different setting or different time, would we still have fallen in love?" because if so, that means your soul mates! of course this is all my opinion so i cant really answer any specific questions about it outside of just opinion.

i remember my mom told me when i was an adult that as a young child about 3 or 4 i used to cry all the time saying i wanted to go home, and she led me through a series of multiple questions over a long period where i eventually told her i had come from heaven and that i told her i cried because i "chose" to come here and regretted choosing so. to take it a step further i would draw alot at that age, nothing significant in terms of drawing but my parents asked me "where did you get your ideas to draw?" and i told them my ideas were what i saw before coming to earth. but there it is though, thats just my opinion on things, and honestly ive held onto that belief my whole life and it does complement my Christian beliefs as well, and truth is i know im going "home" someday, in terms of heaven, so if im going there someday according to my Biblical doctrines, then it must not be too much of a longshot to believe i also came from there.

i know life teaches you its all about the here and the now, and if you cant see it or prove it logically, then your insane to believe it, but something about life in general just speaks "simulation", it just doesnt feel like this is all there is.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
He's not alone my friend.
I am 40 yrs old and I still say it.

I am not from here.
I have always known this.
Never said it, to anyone who I know anyway.

I remember coming here and remember life before coming here to a small degree.
Foggy memories, but, memories nonetheless.

There are, at this moment, people who love me and anxiously await my return.

I did not want to come here but was assured it was not a choice.
I am only recently coming to terms with that reason.

Support your son and encourage him to talk openly about it.
Careful, you may bite off more than you can chew.

Just because it won't fit into ones head, doesn't make it go away.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Daemonite

He's too old to have been involved in that accident.

edit on 5-3-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
yes, its happening in my family too. Our 3 grandchildren and their mother lives with us. My son in law died from an motorcycle accident when our 2 year old was about 8 months old. This is the only home he has every known, but now that he is talking better, he keeps saying that he wants to go home. We have chalked it up to that he is confusing home with going somewhere (maybe)?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

He could very well be asking as he sees the last of what to him is his time line , still to young to let go , not old enough to for get , not wise enough to under stand, Past life experiences are as real as you reading this , some might not ever see it others will, i have wonder what mine was like knew i died i battle, at the end of some war can remember this from the age of 5. it was not till the age of 18 when i knew what the clouded dreams of past names places where. Now i under stand , do not know what my names was , nor is that important, what is , is that some of us redo our life's , why is still a Mystery. The thing is i know when 1865 may7 CSA light cav could i have been a part of this it seems to me i was ,

The sequence of events that led to Davis' capture began early in May 1865, when the 4th Michigan Cavalry was set up in an encampment of tents at Macon, Georgia. The military unit of several battalions was commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Benjamin D. Pritchard. On May 7, he was given orders to join many other units searching for the Confederate president. Pritchard's troops scouted through the country along the Ocmulgee River, and by the next day the Michiganders had come to Hawkinsville, Georgia, about fifty miles south of Macon, from where they continued along the river to Abbeville, Georgia. There, Pritchard learned from Lieutenant Colonel Henry Harnden that his First Wisconsin Cavalry was hot on Davis's trail. After a meeting between the two colonels, Harnden and his men headed off towards Irwinville, some twenty miles south of their position.[28]
yes it is from wiki, but tow distinct things stick in my mind Abbeville, Georgia as well as the name Davis, protect him at all cost, now you think it would be easy to find one CSA, protecting Davis on the run for his life or finding the death of any one, on one day in may 1865. not try it if you find it U2U me i would like to read it. yes still looking to this day.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
So a 3 year old child is saying he wants to go home, while at home.
And people start jumping to conclusions that he must be experiencing some memory of his 'past life'. Kids have a vivid imagination. Then they listen to their parents talking about reincarnations....

To this day over a quarter century from my birth I miss home.. For me I would always look at the stars and want to go back that way somewhere.. Somewhere not earth..

To this day I find myself wondering where home is whenever there is a still moment. Part of me thinks it's my mom's soul that I cam from or her womb and I want to go back there.. Part of me thinks I miss some soul world like a heaven or something..

I don't know what it is, but I miss before I was born. I didn't want to come here.. I know how this kid feels every day.. This place is like Hell compared to home.. This place is now my home.. I know why I was put here now.. As Tupac said, "You can either change the world or be changed by the world. If you are from the light it's not good to play in the dark, it can extinguish your fire."

I'm here to change the world.. I don't miss home so bad now because I have grown empathy to all on Earth, and I would miss it all and will miss it all very badly when I do leave. "Do you wish to die and start over?" Nope I don't.. Seems I am well on my way to complete this important mission.

I've dealt with many kids at camps and as a baby sitter and in many other capacities. I disagree about them making stuff up.. As a Scorpio I can always tell when someone is not being true because I can actually feel their emotions.. If it doesn't match up to their words they are lieing.. Kids hardly ever lie at any level compared to us adults.. We are the liers, while they havn't learned to lie just yet..

I'll ask my girlfriend tomorrow if any of her kids talk about anything like this.. They do say some strange stuff. They are all 2 and 3 year olds. She is a teacher at a pre-school. The kids LOVE her and I bet if they trust anyone to tell about past lives it would be my baby gurl who gets told.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

You'd be surprised how common this is for children of this age. Try reading The Convuluted Universe by Dolores Cannon....I'm not saying her theory is the correct one but, it really makes you think about death and reincarnation a little more deeply.

I had an experience with one of my sons that is roughly in the same vein as what you are experiencing, only he recounted a conversation to me that I had had with my grandmother before he was born. I've had people tell me he must have just heard me talking about it to someone but, for the life of me, I don't remember ever telling anyone about that conversation.

But you know, it is what it is. You either believe or you don't. I would suggest doing some research. Maybe try and get a few more details from your son when he's calm and comfortable. Possibly at dinner or before bed? Its worth a shot.

As a side note, even now, as an adult, I sometimes feel like I want to go home, even though I don't know where it is...it's sort of just a yearning that you can't quite place. Like I can just look up at the sky and know that there's somewhere else I've been before and here just isn't that place.

edit on 5-3-2013 by U4ea82 because: afterthought

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Bixxi3

So a 3 year old child is saying he wants to go home, while at home. And people start jumping to conclusions that he must be experiencing some memory of his 'past life'. Kids have a vivid imagination. Then they listen to their parents talking about reincarnations....

It’s what happens on ATS, give it a couple of days and this thread will have close to 100 flags and a few hundred replies.

It’s what happens on ATs, after all it is a conspiracy site so I wouldn’t be to surprise by this, I just accept it now people get excited about the prospect of precog kids or “proof” of reincarnation so people who hold such views will flock to this thread. It’s unfortunate but it’s going to probably happen, and members like you and I may even end up getting flamed for being so dismissive of the idea because we’re not “awake”.

Yeah i would like to second this as my 2 1/2 year old told me last night "Daddy i had noodels for dinner" he didnt, but as i suggested i might have chinese food he decided tht what he had (note no mention of noodles by me)

he does this alot, he also told me his favorite food is broccoli and this morning he said he was going to have "duck and chocolate donuts" for breakfast then told me "thats just silly daddy" when i asked him if thats what he just asked for for (i wasnt giving him duck and certainley wasnt giving him chocolate donuts) so although i am not ruling out past lives\reincarnation im just saying kids think some crazy things.....

just another one quickly - he picked up his nerf foam sword and got me to put it down his vest, got his thor hammer and got me to put the handle down his pants (to his side) then picked up his lightsaber and told me he was ready for battle... i do love him, but sometims i think he might be nuts

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Are you outside when this happens? LoL

Kids are wierd eh?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I would ask him to tell me all about "home". Find out what it means to him.

Ask why he left home, what he likes about it, who he knows there, what are some of the things he did there, how long did he live there, etc.

You could get some very interesting answers.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

From my point of view. Part of the unconscious awakening and the conscious ego mind does not have control over it. This is pure soul speaking. Every generation will be a bit more sensitive.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Hi Fylgje, this is a common thing you can read the book:

Soul Survivor

Which deals with the same issue you are having, In this book the parents of James Leininger were first puzzled and then disturbed when their two-year-old son began screaming out chilling phrases during recurrent nightmares, such as, "Plane on fire! Little man can't get out!" The centerpiece of a loving family of three, James was a happy, playful toddler who had only just begun stringing together sentences. Determined to understand what was happening to their son, Bruce and Andrea set off on a journey of discovery that was to rock them to their core. For the more they researched the arcane comments and fragmented details little James revealed, the more they were drawn inescapably to a shocking conclusion: that James was reliving the life of James Huston, a World War II fighter pilot who was killed in the battle for Iwo Jima.

You can also read and study about reincarnation in the Spiritsm Gospel:

Gospel According to Spiritsm

The doctrine is really friendly and helpful. This will give you some answers and help you understand what is going on. But I can assure you this is a temporary thing, usually when you son grow older he will stop remembering all the past life events.

Hopefully, this will help you in some way.

Regards

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This is a real phenomena that happens to many children. Alot of them also speak extensively about a past life,

usually up until the age of six where they seem to forget all of it. You may be interested in this website, it has many

accounts of children talking about their past lives. Child Reincarnation Stories

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I have 3 1/2yr. old granddaughter and she says the same thing. We kept telling her threatening,"you are home." She would get aggravated and walk off. One day we asked where home was and she said "my chirp." Well, her chirp & home happens to be a bamboo round half ball on a base, It is a chair! I can't remember what they are called or if I even described it right. I am not saying it is something like this with yours. I think you should keep asking, maybe you will get an answer out of him.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

My daughter used to ask us the same thing over and over and she would get upset when we couldn't take her. We thought maybe reencarnation? (msp?) I can't tell you how happy we werte when she grew out of it. We also found that the best thing to do was have our daughter draw a picture of home. and not bring it up unless she did.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
lead paint chips, get a detector

^^

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

It's funny, because a different thread on reincarnation was brought up a week or two ago and got me thinking. I was talking to my mother about it because of experiences I have had and memories I have that don't fit with my childhood. Anyway, when speaking to my mother, she said that around the age of 3, I used to talk about "when I used to be a grown-up" and wanting to be a housewife "when I grow up again." When my daughter was 2-3, she used to tell me and my mother about what life was like when she used to be a "mommy". She had very specific memories and funny enough, that's all she's EVER TALKED ABOUT. She wants 3, 4, 5 children, loves kids, and that's how she's always been.

I would not be surprised if maybe he does have some memory of somewhere else and something in him wants to go back. The memories I have are of NYC and since I can remember, something my mother can attest to, I've been trying to relocate to New York, but something always happens to intervene. I have actual memories of NYC but have never been there. I used to discuss it with my mother when I was little and always told her that I wanted to "go back".

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sounds like John Mack's abductees who often referred to the 'other side' where the Greys would bring them as "home".

My 3.5 year-old boy keeps having night terrors about a "Lion from the Stars".

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
When you're kid talks about the "green lady" he may be talking about somebodys aura, i'm sure i have read in the past about young children being able to see colours around people which represent different things.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
No such thing as reincarnation.

He's under the age of accountability, until he learns good and evil. So in that regard right now he doesn't belong to this world, not yet anyways.

That Video was made to annoy the Hell out of People not prevent them from going there. OMG please make it more flashy, make the techno music faster and louder. I really need my ADD to kick in or have a seizure now...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join