It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my 3 1/2y.o. son keep saying that he wants to go home?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
For the last several months now, my son will say: "Daddy, I wanna go home." I say you are home son. Then he points in no particular direction and says: "No daddy! I wanna go home." So I ask him where home is. Most of the time he looks around and just changes the subject or walks away. He's told my wife this a bunch of times too. I believe in reincarnation and think this is what's going on here. It hurts me a little everytime he says it. What I wanna know is, has anyone here had this happen? And how did you deal with it?

I'd also like to add that my other son, who is 4 1/2, was repeatedly talking about a "green lady" and a "helicopter crash" when he was 1 1/2, up until now. He talked about it more then than he does now, though.

Thoughts? Comments?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

You picked up the wrong kid form the hospital

Seriously though, I don’t think much of it, kids have very vivid imaginations your eldest for example might be recalling a TV show or something and your youngest is probably just being a 3 year old.

I wouldn’t worry too much about in a couple of years he will be asking you why he cant be the “Red Ranger” when he’s older.

link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Hey Fylgje.

I have a 3 year old son also. Cool little guys aren't they!?

I wonder if maybe he is refering to his mom by any chance. To him MOM may equal home.
Do you go off to work? Is mom with him more of the time at home? Does he say this to his mom?

Sorry for the personal questions, but it helps to know the details.

Otherwise, Those little guys come up with some interesting stuff. And Past life? Maybe?

link   
I remember being a really small kid and telling my mom about stuff I used to do "when I was big." Over the years I've read lots of stories about children telling their parents stories that no small kid would ever know. I'm gonna have to pick her brain to see if she can remember what I've told her since I don't recall any of what my stories were.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
For the last several months now, my son will say: "Daddy, I wanna go home." I say you are home son. Then he points in no particular direction and says: "No daddy! I wanna go home." So I ask him where home is. Most of the time he looks around and just changes the subject or walks away. He's told my wife this a bunch of times too. I believe in reincarnation and think this is what's going on here. It hurts me a little everytime he says it. What I wanna know is, has anyone here had this happen? And how did you deal with it?

I'd also like to add that my other son, who is 4 1/2, was repeatedly talking about a "green lady" and a "helicopter crash" when he was 1 1/2, up until now. He talked about it more then than he does now, though.

Thoughts? Comments?
Just for fun, you should try and go for a drive and see if anything rings a bell with him. There was a cae where a kid kept talking about a plane being shot down, and it endded up with the family comming into contact with a group of WW2 pilots.

If anything going out to see where he's talking about might aleve him talking like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It could be - there have actually been studies done about children who remember past lives..

U of VA Online - Stevenson studies children who remember past lives

The child remembered lying in a hospital longing to speak with Leila, the daughter of a Lebanese woman who had died thousands of miles away in Virginia. The child could name all the woman's relatives and recalled wanting to ask her brother to ensure that her daughters received her jewels.

This is only one of thousands of cases Dr. Ian Stevenson, Chester Carlson Professor of Psychiatry and director of the Division of Personality Studies, has investigated, many of which are documented in Children Who Remember Previous Lives: A Question of Reincarnation. Recently reissued by McFarland and Co., the book describes his research for over 30 years in at least 20 countries.

My friend's little boy used to talk about "when he used to live in Texas" and then it stopped when he got a little older..

link   
Hes 3. Kids are absolutely the most bizarre and nonsensical creatures on the planet... I think we all have memories of doing and saying really weird stuff in our childhood.

link   
reply to post by Fylgje

That's pretty wild!

Question... has he lived anywhere else in life?

I have a friend that has a 1 year old, and before he was born I asked him to ask his child if he had any memories of his lives... I haven't got a response to this as of yet but who knows...

Children do recall past lives easier then adults... I believe its because they recently came from "home" as you call it...

edit on 4-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje

Thoughts? Comments?

I have a very close friend who had this happen to herself when she was a child. Her mom said she would ask everyday and it was because she "chose to be here" but she didn't feel like she could do it anymore. She even knew the name of her planet. As an adult she still vividly remembers a lot of small details and feels a really strong connection to wanting to go 'home'. I believe she's a starseed, I also believe I am. Maybe we're nuts but the universe is strange. I always loved the quote that if we're the only ones out there the universe is an awful waste of space.

link   
reply to post by defuntion

Good question. But his mom and I have both been present when he's said it.

link   
My mom told me that I used to say this often(when at home) when I was a child.
My son also did this around the age of 4 years.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
reply to post by Fylgje

Hey Fylgje.

I have a 3 year old son also. Cool little guys aren't they!?

I wonder if maybe he is refering to his mom by any chance. To him MOM may equal home.
Do you go off to work? Is mom with him more of the time at home? Does he say this to his mom?

Sorry for the personal questions, but it helps to know the details.

Otherwise, Those little guys come up with some interesting stuff. And Past life? Maybe?

This was my first thought, too. "Home" and "Mom" are very similar sounds at that age when speech patterns are developing. Does he go anywhere else, like Grandma & Grandpa's house?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Just for fun, you should try and go for a drive and see if anything rings a bell with him. There was a cae where a kid kept talking about a plane being shot down, and it endded up with the family comming into contact with a group of WW2 pilots.

NO!

Why did you suggest this now we’re going to have the OP returning to the thread telling us he took up your advice and has found out his kid used to be Jesus or is Osama bin Laden reincarnated

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Maybe it's time for some cold harsh reality like:

"You're not in Kansas anymore boy! Suck it up!"

or

"We're your daddy and mommy now, there's no going home, kid!"

LOL, Just kidding.

I'm a big believer in reincarnation, but wouldn't want to impress opinions of past lives on little children. I would just allay their concerns and fears and tell them that they are wanted, loved and safe, here, now, where we are all together.

link   
Im 22 now but when I was about 4 or 5 my mom said I would sleepwalk and try to leave the apartment, and she would ask me where I was going? And she said I would always reply "im going home".

Reincarnation is one of my major beliefs too so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a memory from a past life but maybe i was just having a dream I was somewhere other than my current home? Either way thanks for making this thread, now i have a awesome idea for an astral projection trip

edit on 4-3-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

link   
Hmmm, Did he go somewhere, from home, before he started to say this. I believe children are much more open minded and may see things, that the average adult has become blind too

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I've heard it stated before that from the day a child is born until they are about 5 to 6 years old that they are still connected to the Divine, this is why a lot of children grow out of the "Make Believe Friend" that many of us have had.

As I do believe in re-incarnation, and there is a lot of research done in regards to this some claiming fact or fiction (Pending your beliefs), I can tell you what I've said since my adolescence years and always felt like and stated to family and friends that: "This is my last trip, I'm not coming back after this one" it was until later in life I realised I was always saying this, as if subconciously programmed.

I have heard that you can actually ask the younger questions about what they are talking about it really matters most on how you ask them, if you will get a response or not.

I would try asking different questions to see if you can narrow down the Plane/Helicopter crash and who this green lady is and where she comes from. Your younger son just the same, keep asking questions when they start talking about these incidents. I would be excited to hear the responses.

Don't forget to ask these questions when the child or children just wake up, might have an effect of if you get a response.

So your not alone, and i'm interested, so keep this forum updated if you get a response or not ^_^

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
NO!

Why did you suggest this now we’re going to have the OP returning to the thread telling us he took up your advice and has found out his kid used to be Jesus or is Osama bin Laden reincarnated
Or come back here with an interesting story. I think this is a neat little testible experiment. Since the OP has presented the issue, and has the memory resource there, then it's only fair that the OP go and test the assumtion.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Well sounds as if you have already decided it is a recurring past life mini flash with emotional attachment.

That's ok, many children myself included had memories of past life at that age and can be pretty entertaining when talking about it.

I wish I could say that it could last a lifetime but it doesn't. By the time they begin to verbalize it the veil is already dropping.

Just remember for them because as they get older they love to hear unique stories about themselves.

Personally, I think the going home thing is off planet related, something again I resonate with, especially in my younger years.

Just love them, support them for their uniqueness and don't make a fuss over any of it. Just be there to listen and help them keep their centers and creativity.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I did! I questioned him many different times about the green lady and the helicopter. He would descibe a crash by motioning his hand going down, but that's really all I ever got from him. I asked him who the green lady was but he would just shrug his shoulders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join