It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plague Of Locusts Hits Egypt, END TIMES OR Coincidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

well the nine plagues told in EXODUS might be relevant, but I was thinking...
Source2[

Revelation 9:3-11

New International Version (NIV)

3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. 6 During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. 8 Their hair was like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10 They had tails with stingers, like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).

Could this be happening now?
Revelations manifest?
I will be watching closely how things transpire.

edit on 4-3-2013 by imd12c4funn because: bad link

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Swarms of locusts have been a frequent occurrence all through history.
Apparently there was a big locust problem all through north Africa in 2004.
So there's no reason to get very excited if it happens again.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth

When people start getting tortured or are dieing from Locust stings, then I'll start worrying, but I really doubt that will happen.

edit on 4-3-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Besides I don't think those locusts have crowns of gold with women's hair, or human faces with the jaws of lions. They also appear to be acting like normal locusts, not ones who are torturing man, albeit no more so than locusts already torture man.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Geez.. look it up. This locust swarm is more heavy than usual, but its a yearly occurrence.... annual Spring migration.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's this time of the year again. Oh geez.

The relevant part:

As if we hadn't already seen enough Biblical events this year, a plague of over 30 million locusts swarmed over Egypt's cities and farms just three weeks before Passover begins. But put your apocalyptic fears to rest. This happens every year as part of the locusts' natural migration pattern, though this year's swarm is especially large.

SOURCE
edit on 4-3-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: BB code murks

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

Source2[

3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. 6 During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. 8 Their hair was like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10 They had tails with stingers, like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).

Revelations manifest?

Locusts are indeed hitting Egypt. There are actually articles written about it. If you had just typed in Locusts and Egypt into any of your personality stealing search engines you might have learned something. Instead as usual it is just another attempt to quote scripture for no reason. Egypt is hit with hordes of Locusts every year. This year is above average but not the worst they have seen. It's Science and migration like instincts built up over hundreds if not thousands of years not the end times predicted in scripture.

m.theatlanticwire.com...
m.albawaba.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Coincidence of course.

Unless they are thick enough to turn the day into night.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

Source2[

Revelations manifest?

Locusts are indeed hitting Egypt. There are actually articles written about it. If you had just typed in Locusts and Egypt into any of your personality stealing search engines you might have learned something. Instead as usual it is just another attempt to quote scripture for no reason. Egypt is hit with hordes of Locusts every year. This year is above average but not the worst they have seen. It's Science and migration like instincts built up over hundreds if not thousands of years not the end times predicted in scripture.

m.theatlanticwire.com...
m.albawaba.com...

By the way one of those two links has a video of the Locusts. The sound they make at about the 1 min mark is crazy. I realize they are mobile sites I on my phone. Just take the /m. out and I think it should work. If not the articles themselves explain in clear terms that it is not the book of revelation.
The Atlantic Wire article worked with just the /m. off. The one lined to the non mobile actual website.. The video is in the Atlantic wire article.
www.theatlanticwire.com...

edit on 4-3-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Although it is not to be known when the end will come there is an internal chronology once the whole Tribulation era gets going and the "Abaddon locust" plague is the 5th Trumpet (of 7) preceding the trumpet judgments were the 7 seals and following the trumpet judgement are the seven bowls (or vials). Believe me we all would have noticed if the previous 11 judgments had taken place (that is if you interpret revelation as literal future events)

Seals
1-Rider on white horse
2-Red Horse
3-Black Horse
4-Pale Horse
5-Souls of Martyrs pray for retribution
6-Earthquake/sun blacked out/blood red moon
7-7 angels prepare to sound their trumpets/silence in heaven

Trumpets
1-Hail & Fire mixed with blood
2-"something like a mountain" hurled into the sea/33% sea life killed/33% oceans become blood or "like blood"
3-A star called wormwood falls to Earth poisoning 1/3 of all freshwater
4-The sun and other stars brilliance decreased by 1/3
5-The first woe-Stinging locusts commanded by Abaddon given power to torment but not kill for 5 months
6-The second woe-4 fallen Angels are released from their bindings to command a force 200 million strong 1/3 of the earth's population will die t their hands
7-The Third woe massive earthquake and enormous hailstones

Bowls or Vials
1-those who took the mark of the beast will be afflicted by painful boils
2-All the seas and oceans will become "as the blood of a dead man" killing the remaining sea life
3-remaining freshwater turned to blood
4-sun will increase in intensity scorching any exposed flesh
5-Antichrist's kingdom covered in such utter darkness that men shall gnaw their tongues in pain
6-River Euphrates dries to make way for the kings of the east/3 evil spirits rise of the pit to help rally the army that will confront The Lord at Armageddon.
7-A global earthquake removing the mountains and islands from their foundations/100 Pound Hailstones

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Revelation 21:3-4 KJV

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Are these Locusts eating the grass or are they killing greedy and egotistical people? Does this answer the question

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I find it extremely interesting that this plague of locusts (mirroring the Biblical plague of Egypt) happened right before the Passover. What else I find extremely interesting is that so-called Israel is worried it will descend on them.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Coincidence.

And, coincidentally, already posted here.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

This is the one thing that bothers me about religion. God "lets" these miserable, suffering, plagued times upon humans. Then when God see's fit, he/she says "Oh ok, I'll get rid of all the bad stuff now, my bad." That's like you kidnapping a family, torturing all the members in front of each other to near death then saying "Oh hey, sorry about all this. You all can go about your business now, sorry."

Is this just one big joke? I never understood the concept of the Revelations. Why would any benevolent supreme being be so cruel? Am I just ignorant and or a bad person?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Why hasn't the plague of US military forces & tons of Uranium Dust swooped down upon Egypt just yet

as it has Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria etc?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

Source2[

Revelations manifest?

It's Science and migration like instincts built up over hundreds if not thousands of years not the end times predicted in scripture.

Technically speaking, they are nomadic not migratory.
You're right. We can all learn something.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

hmmm...I=once again tried several variations looking for post on subject. But alas, the search came up zip.
second line.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
I find it extremely interesting that this plague of locusts (mirroring the Biblical plague of Egypt) happened right before the Passover. What else I find extremely interesting is that so-called Israel is worried it will descend on them.

Are you suggesting that this is some kind of warning from God?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I think that is misinterpreting God's motivations as well as an unwarranted implication of fickleness. I think you have to look at it from the perspective that while it will undoubtedly be a horrible time with death and destruction at an unprecedented scale temporary suffering is preferable to eternal suffering. It can't be pictured as some type of cosmic temper tantrum and no apology would be appropriate. It is my understanding that the seals and the trumpets are God's final attempts to gather unto himself as many souls as possible.

I think the judgments for the most part are a calculated effort essentially remaining an extreme evangelical tool (along with the preaching of the two witnesses in Jerusalem along with said witnesses' deaths, resurrection, and ascension into heaven [an event which the bible says will be visible to everyone in the world], the worldwide preaching of the 144,000 converted Jews, and the rapture.)

The 7 bowls; they are specifically identified as the wrath of God. At this point I feel one must consider two things. Firstly the 7 bowls are poured out on those who have taken the mark of the beast and have worshiped his image and have therefore sealed their own fate. Secondly It seems that by the fourth bowl no one is even questioning God's position as the Almighty yet they refuse to repent and instead continue to blaspheme his name

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
when the people that by all rights should be dead but are not or seek death and do not find it then you will know it is the end times. till then this is just one more thing to get you thinking and saying e are we are but atlas we are not, but keep saying we are you might get it right someday.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join