It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theme song from Fresh Prince causes school lockdown.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is from a school in PA and it seems a bit ridiculous to me.
The line from the song that triggered the lockdown is , "...just shootin' some b-ball outside of the school."
Apparently the receptionist from his eye doctor took that to mean shooting people outside the school and a lockdown was implemented at multiple schools in Western , PA.

Just silly if you ask me , anyway here is the full thread...... Fresh Prince Theme = Lockout

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
morons.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm guessing this receptionist is old as dirt? The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air has been off the air for quite some time, but reruns still air in syndication.

I'm all for zero tolerance when it comes to guns and schools, but this kid's (19... um... kid?!) voicemail has nothing to do with the school. He didn't do anything inside school property, so no punishment. In fact, the receptionist should potentially face charges of erroneously inciting panic and wasting police resources.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They will lockdown for this too

"KISS" Performs in Iraq -You will love this !!!
This was filmed in Iraq at a USO tour of a US Marine Base.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Why do a 'couple of guys that were up to no good' always ruin it for everyone?

USA has the feint smell of the fish market.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

They will lockdown for this too "KISS" Performs in Iraq -You will love this !!! This was filmed in Iraq at a USO tour of a US Marine Base.

Altogether now:

"Deutschland, Deutschland über alles!"

The story itself is very silly. The receptionist is either over the top cautious or is just completely oblivious of the tv show...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I'm guessing this receptionist is old as dirt? The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air has been off the air for quite some time, but reruns still air in syndication.

Actually, people 'old as dirt' are the ones least likely to overreact or present knee-jerks that cause this sort of situation.

People 'old as dirt' recall those days when people lived freely and without fear. We don't panic... we don't fear TV theme music.

Of course, there are closed minds in every generation... even those today who might suspect someone with a little age and life experience, was a threat.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The receptionist must be too YOUNG to remember the show. I read this in the news and just laughed, people are so stupid these days it amazes me. I knew it would be that specific line of lyrics too. I usually don't rip on people but damn, what is the world coming to? What the heck did she think B-ball was

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Dammit, even the new search turned up nothing for this.

Anyway, here's what I posted in my thread that got shut down.

The thing that I find disturbing about stories like this is just how ready people are to report each other to the police for even the slightest perceived threat.This whole damn "if it saves one life it was worth it" mentality is turning the whole world into a "zero tolerance" zone where common sense is thrown out the window in favor of knee jerk overreactions to everything.

People seem to think this a harmless exercise in safety. What about the parents who probably feared the worst when they heard the district went into lock-down? How many students missed lunch or weren't able to go to the bathroom while the schools went into lock-down? How many teachers had their lesson plans disrupted by the insane paranoia of one nurse?

This wasn't a harmless exercise in safety, it was an exercise in stupidity and futility. It inconvenienced a whole damn school district while the police wasted their time investigating the "threat" and kept the police off the streets where they could have been battling real crime. If I ever wanted to rob a bank in a town like this, all I would have to do is phone in some crap like that nurse did and the police would all be elsewhere.

The people who need to learn a lesson from this are the ones applauding the nurse's stupidity and inferring that this was somehow the kid's fault for having a ringtone on his phone.

ETA: vid

ETA:

From the OP's source:

This is something that really happened.

Philly.com

When they have to end a news story with that statement, you know this country is going down the crapper.

edit on 3/4/13 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

new topics

top topics

join