It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare me with your personal scary stories!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
One day while playing with my cat outdoors it simply vanished before my eyes never to be seen or heard from again.

I was living in Taos Canyon at the time and it was truly the most remarkable unexplained thing that has ever happened to me.

My Mom was sitting on the porch watching as I chased my then 5 year old cat around the front yard where there was a huge fallen tree limb. Around the giant log we went again and again, just having a good time until my cat sprang up and over the stump, and simply vanished.

My Mom thought I was pulling her leg at first but when I got really upset and freaked out, she came to help me look. You could see all the way around it, under it, but we never saw our beloved pet again.

Oh my gosh. That is very weird. And sad. Was there a drop off of some kind on the other side of the stump? Do you think your cat just jump over the stump and just kept running? I feel sad about this story. I love my cats and for them to just up and disappear would be heartbreaking.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Soloprotocol:

Ok. that story made me laugh out loud. The whole thing. Sorry you got shot at by a naked dude but I'm still laughing about the whole thing. Thanks for sharing. I'm going thru some rough times and anything to help me laugh is a good thing!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
This didn't happen to me but it did to my brother. He used to party a lot as a younger man (he's in his 40s now) and in some cases he used to walk home either from the bus stop or from the party itself. We lived in a very rural area at the time and he recalls walking home one late night where he had to cut through a narrow path surrounded by tall hedges and thick vegetation. He said as he turned into a sharp corner of the path in front of him, he saw a very tall and dark object standing right in the middle of the path. To him it appeared to be a gigantic man-like object of impossible height (10-15 feet maybe) and it was just standing still in the path.

He said he instinctively jumped into the bushes and ran through the heavy bushes away from the path but towards a stream. He recalled running through branches, crashing through bushes as he frantically raced away from the monstrosity he saw. After running for a while, he broke through the bushes and came upon a different road where somehow he ran into an older neighbor who was out having a midnight stroll. The neighbor tried to calm him down and asked him why he was coming out of the bushes breathless and scared. He tried to explain what he saw and all the neighbor told him was "he shouldn't be out that late by himself and to be more careful in the future".

They walked for a while until my brother got near his house and he ran towards it. Upon entering the house, he quickly told my mother what happened and they both recounted hearing banging noises on the side of the house as if something was hitting the outside walls with an unknown force.

Needless to say, that was the last time he was out late by himself again.

Oooh that kind of sounds like what happened to me. The big tall looming black shadow thing. What's the deal with looming black things? WTF are they? Obviously they are something because many people have seem them. So what are they? What do they do besides loom and scare? I want one to show it's face and explain itself!

Thank you for your story

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sled735:

Thanks for the S and F! Also thank you for referring me to that thread. I'm definitley going to be checking that out.
That sample posting was crazy! How does stuff like that happen??

Thanks for responding!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
I have a story about the time I was probably the most scared I've ever been in my life and then ended up feeling the most stupid I've ever felt in my life. I'll tell it but I'm not quite sure it will come off as scary or as funny as it really was. It's probably one of those things you had to be there for, but I was absolutely TERRIFIED!!!

Thank you for the laugh. I didn't have to be there, that story was hilarious. And the end was even better, your son running too because you two were running. Then him getting locked out with the "scary monster." OMG thanks for sharing that. Too funny!

edit on 3/5/13 by Beldy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
Many years ago when I near 10 or so, my sister kept complaining of hearing a typewriter going off at night in the attic. No one believed her. Yet there was an old fashioned typewriter in the attic in a hard blue cloth case. Never believed her.

One night, the family went on a stroll. Somehow I was in trouble or grounded and wasn't allowed to attend. I was all alone in a house that was built at the turn of the century. The lights were on, but I was alone. I tried to settle in the old scary house and watch t.v.

As soon as I sat down, I heard the typewriter going off! Not .0000001 seconds after hearing that was I sitting on the base of the porch steps waiting for the return of my family. In the dark.

Freaked me out!

That old house had more freaky things going on than any house on a modern day t.v. show. It had all the bells and whistles. Gas stove turning off and on. Water going off and on. Lights......you name it. That house still freaks me out in my dreams.

That sounds like you lived in a genuine haunted house. I laughed at your "not .0000001 seconds after hearing that I was sitting on the base of the porch steps."

So I take it you don't live there anymore?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
Iv seen aliens and an abduction. That was pretty terrifying. But at least i shared these experiences with others so i'm not going crazy alone.

Would you like to share your stories? I'm very interested in hearing them.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i was about 11 yrs old... it was a small community of houses(10-15 houses), arranged in a circular pattern, isolated by at least 10 km between another house/community. One day, around 11pm, i was playing cards with friends at someone's house, i went to he bathroom to taka piss, and lights went off, when i came out, no one was in the house, in the hallway.. i ran out to the front yard of the houses..

i saw 3 old women, side by side, in white(similar to mother teresa), with hoods walking away from me.. i could only see their backs.. i called out to them to ask about everyone else's whereabouts... they all stopped for 1-3 sec, then continued to walk away... after a while i managed to find rest of the friends, i told my mom about this incident, they told me, there was a massacre of priests and nuns in temple near by many years ago, great grandpas time.

There were other incidents of kids seeing old ladies in white... pointing them to the lake, supposedly where the bodies of the killed people were thrown.

I don't really believe in such things but, its always in the corner of your mind.
edit on 3/5/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

That is why I called it such a mystery, there are no reasonable explanations for what occurred. The visual of the area surrounding the stump was clear, no possible way it ran off. There was no area under or around it that it could have fallen into. Just simply vanished.

That property was very strange and we did not stay long as renters. Neither one of us gave any detailed reasons to one another as to the need to move but we only stayed for a month or so.

I stayed in the guest house in the back yard bordering a National Forrest, was clean and clear no drugs or alcohol, yet each night as the sun went down I felt compelled to stay put, to never venture outside the little room.

(If you have ever read any of my other stories and encounters I was an adventurer to say the least and had pretty much no fear of the dark or of solitude, nature until this place.)

There were strange sounds in the distance each night, a mix between animal and human. One night I had a window open for the breeze and awoke to the sound of footsteps and a distinct low guttural sound. Through the slight wind coming into the little cottage style house you could smell something so strong and offensive it almost made you want to vomit.

I jumped up and turned on the lights and could hear, even feel the foot stomping heading back up to the forest under my bare feet on the floor.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

'Twas nothing but good 'ol Slenderman giving your brother a terror. He best watch out now.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beldy
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Soloprotocol:

Ok. that story made me laugh out loud. The whole thing. Sorry you got shot at by a naked dude but I'm still laughing about the whole thing. Thanks for sharing. I'm going thru some rough times and anything to help me laugh is a good thing!

My Pleasure...I can laugh at it myself now, but not so much at the time...
hope things improve for you though..

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Oh goody,s+f'ed and subscribed!!! Love this type of thread,thanks!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Now that is one freaky(and very sad) happening.I just dont know how i would handle that one.Because if an animal can just dissapear..Although ive often saw it mentioned,the belief that cats of all animals,can "shift dimensions".Wow.What a rotten thing to have happen,and always having to wonder where your cat went.Thanks for sharing though,and my belated sympathy.

I had a cat that adored me,called him Spacey,after Kevin Spacey,aww he was a grand cat.One day i was in bed sick all day,half unconscious most of the time,one of those 1-day mystery ailments.My friend told me he "nursed" me all day long,he seemed to know something was wrong with me.
Then one day he just never came home.I was inconsolable,cried my eyes out for days,and even now,more than 10 years later,i still have a pic of him on my fridge.I hope he didnt suffer,i was so heartbroken.That may have been due to natural causes,his dissappearance,though-in that suburb there were lots of folks who hated cats.

The creepy part is my youngest daughter saw him once after that,on my bed with me-again a day when i was down sick with some bug,and i went to bed before the kids+hubby.So when she wanted to come say goodnight-she walked into my room,which was quite dark-and there was Spacey on the bed with me,but she said he had red glowing eyes.She swears to that,to this day.
So she skipped the goodnight
Im glad she told me though-i think Spacey wanted to comfort me or nurse me on another day when i was sick-I better stop here,thoughts of him can still make me weepy to this day!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

Hey Beldy,the house i grew up in also still haunts me in my dreams too,luckily very occasionally only-not nightmares per se,i dont get many of those,havent since i was a kid,but haunting,sad dreams.In my dreams the light in there is always so dim,its always at night,and my adoptive mother is still there(though in reality deceased) alone in that horrible grim place.
That house was severely haunted,infested is always the word that seems more correct.As a child i could feel the spirits,or maybe it was just one entity,idk.But palpably close by,lurking around.The hallway was very creepy and dark,in all the rooms except the kitchen,i just felt stalked and watched,all the time,i was a tomboyish child,i really came into the house as seldom as possible-talk about an oppressive athmosphere!
My adoptive mother's oldest son was able to see spirits-in hindsight,i wonder if thats why he became an alcoholic at such a young age,drinking too much so he could sleep easy maybe?She herself had this creepy old wardrobe,and sometimes she would tell me that as she woke up,she would hear a sound of knocking coming from inside the wardrobe,she felt a cat walk on her when there was no cat,stuff like that.
Just a horrible old place.And it was built right on an old cemetery,slap bang next to this old deconsecrated church.My dad dug up a human skull in the veggie garden once-yet they continued to grow some veggies there-from that day,i would always be sure not to eat a veggie grown in that garden,luckily i could figure out which was which,as the other garden was aways off.They grew tomatoes there, of which ive never been overly fond,and some cabbage,also not a huge fave anyway.

She told me that when i was a small child,i would call her sometimes after bedtime,and tell her "Dad's home,i hear him in your room!"(connected by a door to mine) If she didnt go check,i would get upset,so she did,and never found anything-but apparently i would be adamant she go call him (he was seldom home when i was a kid+i missed him very much when he was gone)
Strange house,strange people.
In the old church next to us,the employees of the company my dad worked for,would refuse to enter.The company used the church for storage of irrigation pipes,and the guys flat-out refused to go in there-they claimed,and backed up each other's claims that they saw "faces in the walls"-and that was in broad daylight.
One afternoon,im outside playing with a ball,bouncing it against the church wall,and now and then it would bounce against one of the windows.Then i saw this loooong,long thin arm with a big hand,pitchblack,on the inside of the window-well,i Scattered-and never played near that window,or even close again-i still see it in front of me,sitting tying here-i see that abnormally long thin arm and huge hand-unforgettably freaky.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

We left that house when I was 12. Thank God. It truly was creepy. There are more stories of that house. Such as the Ouija board. I found the game board in the very large coat closet and asked my mom what it was. I was about 5 or 6 years old. She said you ask it questions and it tells you the answers.

Well, I couldn't spell, but understood yes and no. I asked it questions any child would ask. The planchette would move to the appropriate answer after I made my questions.

Without touching the board.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful friend. Not knowing is by far the hardest and next to impossible to put closure on.

By your little sister in a catsuit coming to you when you were ill, and allowing your daughter to see her, this tells me that her soul waits for you to go to the light one day and is your guardian animal.

I feel your immeasurable empathy and heart.

Also that she allowed your daughter to see her represents her way of helping you to understand the vulnerability of this life and the strength of love and our abundant interconnectedness.

We are shooting stars in eternity, traveling home. Your precious friend is a huge light of energy and energy never dies.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
Here is a scary story for you....

It starts 24 years ago and just ended 1 year ago.....Married to my ex wife !!! Need I say more ? lmao !

WOW !!! YOU TWO LOL , SCARY WASNT IT

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Aww thanks for your reply Antar,yes that is hard,not having closure,and always hoping he did'nt suffer-but i do feel you are right-my mother told me one thing when i was still a very small child (even though she was not a great animal lover,except for birds and poultry) that we must never take the love of an animal for granted.I still remember,verbatim,what she said to me that day-that an animal's love for you is a precious thing too,and most people underestimate it,or take it for granted.
Love does endure,i firmly believe that-and it makes me happy to think that my lil Spacey may well still be around me.Im tearing up here,better go.Bless you Antar

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

There is so much that can be taught in nature from animals of all kinds, they really are closest to God imho. It takes just a little awareness to connect with animals and then they will warn you of many things we as humans are not tuned into. Your Mom sounds like a wise woman.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
background
2001 built a new house in NEW HAMPSHIRE
we were the ONLY OWNER '.

my son when to school about 1 mile down the road , when school was over he would get dropped off at the top of the hill & walk home.
on a beautiful fall day he was walking home he was about 12 years old , anyways he got to the bottom of the hill & the road bends 90* to the right & from there the its a straight shot over a bridge& another 150' and the road takes a 90* bend to the left at that bend is my house so my son can see his house for about 300 ft from the bottom of the hill , unubstructed as he was walking down the straightaway he looks up into the second floor window & sees a women in a shawl with a grey hair up in a bun . he kept his eye on her until he hit the driveway
then she was gone !!!! vanished !!! we have heard our names being called & such strange for a new place, but we sold the house in nov 2012 wonder if its still going on

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join