It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare me with your personal scary stories!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This thread is inspired by the creepy forest thread. I read that thread beginning to end and not only was I creeped out and chilled, I was also very intersted and entertained. Now I am asking for all of you to share more of your personal stories. Stories that happened to you or someone you know. Stories about creatures, more forest stories, ufos, ghosts, paranormal, "bumps in the night", weird people, etc. I just want to be scared!

I'll start with one.

I was about 14 in 1984, walking home from the house across the way. The two houses were about 100 feet apart. We lived in the country and it was dark out. Suddenly, I noticed a large 6 foot tall black shape underneath my grandmothers window. It just loomed there making a hissing noise. I ran like I had fire ants and hornets in my pants to my door (about a 30-40 foot run)Once safely at my door I paused with my hand on the door knob wanting to make sure I heard the hissing noise and that it wasnt just part of my imagination. NO!!! The hissing was still happening! I BOLTED into my door, heart pounding, out of breath.

I called my best friend and told her (we liked sharing scary stories). I told her that maybe it was the outline of a 6 foot bush my grandmother had planted underneath her window and that I would check the next day. Heart still pounding, I hung up the phone.

Well, next day came about and of course there was no 6 foot bush to be found anywhere near my grandmother's window.

Needless to say I was freaked out.

That's the end of the story. Nothing else happened but I suppose I might have seen my very first shadow person before I even heard of a shadow person.

The place I lived was weird anyway. I lived near a woods where someone was said to have been shot while playing cards. There were chickens with heads cut off and blood drained out we'd find scattered around in the woods. I lived in Delaware and the localities were sectioned off into "hundreds." I just happened to live in "North Murderkill Hundred." Nice.

Now, I'm really looking forward to reading more creepy stories!

edit on 3/4/13 by Beldy because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here is a scary story for you....

It starts 24 years ago and just ended 1 year ago.....Married to my ex wife !!! Need I say more ? lmao !

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

As I have stated on this thread, I have about 8 (maybe more if I actually wrote them all down) paranormal experiences in my life time. Here is one of my latest encounters in which I posted on this Site, November 30, 2010 the night it happened:

88.My father used to take my brother, sister and I to this bridge at night when we were kids just for fun. We loved going but were always scared when we got there. I remember feeling happy once we reached the old factory because that meant we were back to “civilization” as we used to say.

Well I recently discovered where this bridge is and started taking my kids there. I have never experienced anything unusual there until tonight!

I picked my oldest daughter up from her Grandma’s house around 6:30pm where she lives off Stockton Rd near Jerusalem Rd. I had sometime to kill so I asked her (my daughter) where we can take a drive to and she said the “Covered Bridge”. So we drove down Jerusalem Rd and turned on Jericho Rd. Immediately on the right is an old stone building that looks like it was a church that fell apart many years ago. I pulled over next to this building and asked my daughter to roll down her window so I could shine my flashlight out her window at it. We looked for about two minutes then decided to continue towards the bridge which is only about 300 yards away. As soon as I pulled away from this spot I noticed on my side of the car was a girl standing on the other side of the road (about 10 feet from me) up against the tree line. I moved past her going about 3 miles an hour and my head followed her as I drove past her and her head followed our car. She looked like an average young women around 18-30 yrs of age. She was solid and my first thought was that she was just a girl who was out with some friends and they must have scattered when I pulled up and she was just waiting until I left to join her friends. So I continued to the bridge and after I drove through I made a quick u-turn and went back to see if she was still there. However when I went back there was no sign of her or anyone. I drove back to that spot a couple more times but not a sound or sight of anyone around. I wished I stopped when I saw her and asked her what she was doing just to make sure she was real.

Has anyone else had a similar sighting of this girl around this area? It was dark and cold outside and have a hard time believing a girl would be all alone in the woods at night in the cold. She was on foot and no cars were parked near this area.

Commented by R. Iwanowski — November 30, 2010 @ 12:44 pm

Some day-time pics I took:

The old barn (at the time I thought it was an old church) I was looking at that night.

The Covered Bridge on Jericho road (this is where most activities happen and is very close to where I had my sighting)

The cross roads sign:

Here is a page I found that talks more about this bridge:
The Jericho "Haunted Covered Bridge"
edit on 4-3-2013 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by iwan2ski because: Content Added!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
obama elected to another 4 years, the end.
If that short story doesn`t scare you then nothing will.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Many years back, before Halloween, I was in the camper I lived in with my little kitten. I was watching some spooky movies on TV and was having a cup of coffee when I heard something on the roof. I wasn't really sure where the sound was coming from so opened the door and stuck my head out to see if I could tell what it was. All of a sudden a big hand grabbed tightly onto the top of my head and the piercing nails dug into my scalp. I let out a loud yelp and ran from the camper and pried the hand off my head, throwing it on the ground. I focused on it with my heart racing and started to laugh. I picked up my kitten that had gotten on the camper roof somehow and had seen a friendly face to help it down. It wasn't hurt, kittens are tough I guess. I had that cat for many years after that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

LMFAO! Thats hilarious. I would have died of a heart attack!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I met Richard Nixon once.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This happened 13 years ago ; but I still live with it today.

I got into a small fender-bender at low speed. I got a ticket and so did the other guy. Ticket was mail in for 50 bucks. I mailed it in EARLY to the MVA in my state. Something told me; intuition; to mail it certified mail. So, I did.
I kept all documentation in a file. MVA sent back the certified letter stating they did receive it ;
So, I did not follow up any further thinking it had been taken out of their databases correctly.

A few months later , I am at a mall in the evening and am stopped by a cop in a plain no marked small truck. He tells me he stopped me because I did not signal as I was leaving the shopping mall.

He holds me in the parking lot and does a check ; comes back and says

"sorry, but I have to take you into jail, you have a warrant out for your arrest"

I KNEW what this was about right as he was saying this...
I tried to nicely explain and show him my documentation

He then called for back up!!! for a 120 pound female threat!!

I had 3 more cops arrive and I knew they thought it was ridiculous because they left the side almost as soon as this pri** called them.

He hauled me off to the jail. I was there until 3 am the next morning. I was denied a phone call until 3 am and I never received a drink of water.
I was treated worse than the drug dealers that were in there.

I was locked in a dirty ; smelly cell for hours. I begged them a few times for a phone call and a drink of water.
Everyone in there ignored me
I had a large goul -cop open the cell door and push hit me into the back of the cell.

FRom this , I sustained a large bruise ; softball size in the middle of my chest and a cracked sternum.

My husband thought I had been killed and was calling all the hospitals in the area ...

When he received my call at 3 am the next morning to come get me ...he started crying because he truly thought I was dead.

I still to this day have occasional pain in my chest and have anxiety attacks when I see a cop.

The lawyer I got did not want anything to do with suing because he said he would be 'a marked person' and would suffer harrassement.
Every lawyer I spoke with said the say thing, they were afraid of cop harrassment and would only
have this taken out as a false arrest and this is the best I can do for you.....

This is our 'justice' system

This is my horror story I still live with today.

I still can see the eyes of that cop --goul -- who punched me for asking for a drink of water...he looked possessed.

His eyes had a dark satanic look

The moral of this story is; when you have a simple traffic ticket and decide to mail it in..DO NOT think it is completed.
FOLLOW up on it and make certain it is taken out of the database or you WILL have a warrant issued !!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
One day while playing with my cat outdoors it simply vanished before my eyes never to be seen or heard from again.

I was living in Taos Canyon at the time and it was truly the most remarkable unexplained thing that has ever happened to me.

My Mom was sitting on the porch watching as I chased my then 5 year old cat around the front yard where there was a huge fallen tree limb. Around the giant log we went again and again, just having a good time until my cat sprang up and over the stump, and simply vanished.

My Mom thought I was pulling her leg at first but when I got really upset and freaked out, she came to help me look. You could see all the way around it, under it, but we never saw our beloved pet again.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Many years ago we/us/the gang used to go up the back roads..(rural area) to catch the...Naughty people getting the freak on in their cars...we wore masks, mostly Werewolves and scary old men masks.

We would sneaky up on the partially naked couple who were usually engaged in coitus or about to be and freak the living crap out them by sticking our horrid faces on the windows and rocking the car and howling and stuff...

It was a sport for us, as the back roads was a usual haunt for this activity, as i'm sure many have noticed...

One night we spotted a Vauxhall astra estate and could clearly see the guy and the woman were bollock naked...mask up time..

Up we sneaked, silently, pure stealth mode then started our routine...the girl screamed...well like a girl, the guy looked shocked for about 2 seconds then he reached into the glove compartment pulling out a rather large handgun...
He open the door and pulled the trigger emptying the magazine as we defecated ourselves, running like we have never run before, falling down ditches, running into trees and wire fences in our blind terror to get away from this naked maniac with a big shoota..

That's my scary story...beat that.....Needless to say we gave up that particular sport and took up doing the Grand national over garden fences from that day on..

This happened in Scotland before the banning of handguns, we sure weren't hanging around to see if he was firing Blanks...(that doesn't sound right)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This didn't happen to me but it did to my brother. He used to party a lot as a younger man (he's in his 40s now) and in some cases he used to walk home either from the bus stop or from the party itself. We lived in a very rural area at the time and he recalls walking home one late night where he had to cut through a narrow path surrounded by tall hedges and thick vegetation. He said as he turned into a sharp corner of the path in front of him, he saw a very tall and dark object standing right in the middle of the path. To him it appeared to be a gigantic man-like object of impossible height (10-15 feet maybe) and it was just standing still in the path.

He said he instinctively jumped into the bushes and ran through the heavy bushes away from the path but towards a stream. He recalled running through branches, crashing through bushes as he frantically raced away from the monstrosity he saw. After running for a while, he broke through the bushes and came upon a different road where somehow he ran into an older neighbor who was out having a midnight stroll. The neighbor tried to calm him down and asked him why he was coming out of the bushes breathless and scared. He tried to explain what he saw and all the neighbor told him was "he shouldn't be out that late by himself and to be more careful in the future".

They walked for a while until my brother got near his house and he ran towards it. Upon entering the house, he quickly told my mother what happened and they both recounted hearing banging noises on the side of the house as if something was hitting the outside walls with an unknown force.

Needless to say, that was the last time he was out late by himself again.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

If you want to be scared, go read the 118 pages of stories on my thread from different members over the past year... and still going. :-) Seems to be everything you asked for. All kinds of different experiences.
Enjoy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is one of mine:

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

had a ring setting that was made from Kentucky coal that my husband gave me (ex-husband now). He said it was one of a kind. About a year after we were divorced I lost the setting in the ring at a local club. Three months later my cousin and I went to a drive-in theater (this was in the mid 1970's). During intermission I went to the bathroom located inside the concession building . As I stood and looked up, there was something black dangling in mid-air in front of my face. I thought at first it was a spider hanging on a web, but then it fell to the concrete floor and made a noise, so I knew whatever it was, it was a solid object. As I knelt over getting a closer look, I realized this was the setting from my ring that I had lost three months prior in a totally different place! It was like it just materialized in front of my eyes, stayed there until I saw it, and fell at my feet. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. When I went back to the car my cousin asked me if I was okay because she said I was pale as a ghost. I told her what happened, and she was speechless! When I got home I placed the setting in my ring, put the ring away in my jewelry case, and I have never taken it out again since that day! Still don't know what to make out of this! Anyone ever experienced anything like this?

S&F on your thread OP.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have a story about the time I was probably the most scared I've ever been in my life and then ended up feeling the most stupid I've ever felt in my life. I'll tell it but I'm not quite sure it will come off as scary or as funny as it really was. It's probably one of those things you had to be there for, but I was absolutely TERRIFIED!!!

My sister and I were outside my aunt's house, using Satellite AR (an android app) to track satellites. We were looking at our phones and then looking at the sky and each time we looked at the sky, our eyes would have to adjust for a few seconds, because of the brightness of the phones.

We had been standing in the middle of the yard for about five minutes, talking about UFO's and creepy things when I looked over toward my car that was parked in the driveway to the left of us. I had just looked up from my phone when I saw what appeared to be a semi-transparent, cone shaped head bobbing up and down, like someone walking, on the opposite side of my car. I wasn't even positive that I saw anything at all so I pointed at it and almost whispered, "What's THAT????!" My sister looked over and then immediately took off running in the opposite direction, as fast as she could go. Since she was running, I knew she had seen it too, so I was right on her heels. We ran up the stairs to the porch... I just knew the "thing" was going to attack me and that would be the end of me so I was moving fast! My sister fell on her way up the steps and I reached down to help her up, but she was down and back up in under a second... she was really moving! We ran in the house and slammed the door. I locked it, dead bolted it and then closed all the blinds in the house.

My aunt said "What in the world is wrong with you two???" Mind you, we're both 30+ year old women. I said, "There's a ghost out there!!!" My aunt said, "Oh there is not!" I looked at my sister and she was standing there shaking her head "yes," with her eyes as big as dinner plates. We were both out of breath and still freaking out when there was a knock on the door. Then I realized that my 17 year old son was nowhere to be seen, in the house. I looked out the peep hole in the door and there he stood.

Turned out that he had been the one walking on the other side of my car, but since my sister and I had both been looking at our phones before we saw him, our eyes hadn't adjusted enough to fully make out what he was when he caught my eye. When he saw us run, he thought there was something really bad out there and he took off running for the front door himself, but when he got to it, we had locked him out and he couldn't even see in the window. He thought he was stuck out there with whatever it was, lol.

When the realization of what had just happened hit me, I had to lay down in the floor because I was laughing so hard I couldn't stand up. We'll never live it down, but that's ok. It was terrifying when it happened but turned out to be one of the funniest things to ever happen to either of us.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Many years ago when I near 10 or so, my sister kept complaining of hearing a typewriter going off at night in the attic. No one believed her. Yet there was an old fashioned typewriter in the attic in a hard blue cloth case. Never believed her.

One night, the family went on a stroll. Somehow I was in trouble or grounded and wasn't allowed to attend. I was all alone in a house that was built at the turn of the century. The lights were on, but I was alone. I tried to settle in the old scary house and watch t.v.

As soon as I sat down, I heard the typewriter going off! Not .0000001 seconds after hearing that was I sitting on the base of the porch steps waiting for the return of my family. In the dark.

Freaked me out!

That old house had more freaky things going on than any house on a modern day t.v. show. It had all the bells and whistles. Gas stove turning off and on. Water going off and on. Lights......you name it. That house still freaks me out in my dreams.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Iv seen aliens and an abduction. That was pretty terrifying. But at least i shared these experiences with others so i'm not going crazy alone.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

iwan2ski:

Thanks so much for sharing your story. Wow that is creepy. And those pics! Especially of that old barn. That is a spooky looking place. I could definitely expect weird goings-on there! Thanks again!!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
obama elected to another 4 years, the end.
If that short story doesn`t scare you then nothing will.

Yeah, right?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Many years back, before Halloween, I was in the camper I lived in with my little kitten. I was watching some spooky movies on TV and was having a cup of coffee when I heard something on the roof. I wasn't really sure where the sound was coming from so opened the door and stuck my head out to see if I could tell what it was. All of a sudden a big hand grabbed tightly onto the top of my head and the piercing nails dug into my scalp. I let out a loud yelp and ran from the camper and pried the hand off my head, throwing it on the ground. I focused on it with my heart racing and started to laugh. I picked up my kitten that had gotten on the camper roof somehow and had seen a friendly face to help it down. It wasn't hurt, kittens are tough I guess. I had that cat for many years after that.

How funny! I love cats. They have a way of getting into spaces that are baffling. I'm glad he/she wasn't hurt when you thru him to the ground. I have 4 cats and they chase each other around crazy and then next thing you know they're all sleeping. Loved your story.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I met Richard Nixon once.

Yikes

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtisticOne

ArtisticOne:

WHAT?! That is absurd. And definitley scary. Why do you think they were behaving like that? Just over a small thing? Yea, that's definitely disturbing and scary. Nowadays you never know what you're going to get just from getting pulled over from speeding. Plus now all these rules on gun bans and whatnot. The law abiding citizen with no protection from the "ghouls." What's the world coming too?

Well, I think it's already "come to" something, it's just getting worse.

Thanks again for your disturbing story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join