It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State lawmaker defends bike tax, says bicycling is not good for the environment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

You cant make up that kind of stupid.

Ed Orcutt ,

edit on 5-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
After reading this, I find I must revise an old saying just a little bit.

I have often said:

Those who can - DO;
Those who can not do, but know how - TEACH;
Those who can not do, and don't know how - ARE MADE BOSS.

I am afraid now I must revise the last statement to read:

Those who don't know anything and can't do anything become - POLITICIANS!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Yep. All part of Agenda 21 (PDF)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon

I am too busy laughing at this while I posted it. This person is an elected official? How can someone this stupid get into office? Still laughing here.

It's really quite easy, all it takes to get an idiot like this elected is for him to run as a republican. In case you hadn't noticed, they have adopted stupidity as part of their platform.

I expect that next, he'll be proposing taxes on calisthenics, jogging, power walking and recess at schools. And here I was thinking it was only the democrats that wanted to increase taxation.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
He's really giving politicians a bad name.

Seriously, an I.Q. test might help but maybe a psych evaluation is also need. Some of these politicians are sheer nuts, sheer stupid or....just sheer????? There aren't enough adjectives to explain this type of insanity. I wonder how the Seattlites who voted for him feel now. Unfortunately, people vote for their party instead of common sense and intelligence. I believe there should be a 6 month probation period, like many employment positions have (or at least used to). If the employee doesn't fit, for ANY reason, get rid of him. We need the gong show back with the audience/population deciding by their interactive tv remote or some type of electronic voting system - keep him, gong him.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

yeah,

carbon emissions, in other words, taxes on BREATHING.

the entire carbon market is backwards and will stifle human development.

Watch.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Its amazing what people really fail to see how this made the paper

Is it because He's a dink?
Is it because its some OMG tax?
Or is it the fact that he is trying to tax "CARBON"?

the story made the paper because the country is bankrupt, the federal reserve needs a new monetary system so they can keep f ing us and CARBON tax is going to be the new currency in a couple years.

The global warming storm has settled and most are realizing its complete BS, so if they can't get us on the planets warming up because carbon and x,y,z lets change the story now and well go after people creating more CARBON footprints.

Another fun tidbit, all the new electric cars are going to have a TAX added to them if they haven't already, why? Because they aren't buying gas so no gas tax lol so now they are starting with a 100$ tax for buying a car that's supposed to be good for environment and make cheaper for you. Guaranteed once all the cars are electric and they can stop anyone from travel with flick of a switch, you will pay more for electric car than any car you have ever bought in your life or future to come.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think you are actually missing the real intent here....
This is not about bicycles.................
This is about a Carbon tax.....
The bulk of the replies seem to take it for granted that carbon dioxide is a taxable emission by skipping that point to discuss the idiocy.....The NWO is a PSYOPS campaign like no other you have ever seen.
Its insideous and it comes from experts in the people control business...
The planning and execution of the socal engineering projects takes decades some times.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

I hear ya. Have you read the Agenda 21 "action plan"? Global dictatorship is coming.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A bike tax because you breathe too much air while riding a bike?!!!!

WHAT A JACKWAD! To call that man a retard would be an insult to mentally deficient folks. This man should pay a legislation tax of one thousand dollars a word for that crappy legislation. He should also pay a stupidity tax.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You have a choice, use it, don't listen to fools who exercise their lips, learn to say NO you will not impose your bull crap on me, I will not comply, they will then find suitable drones to ruse instead.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well to be fair so that everyone only pays for the amount of air they intake and the amount of gas they produce, there needs to be an implant put in everyone that can measure the amount of air intake and gas emitted.

For example some people intake more air than others with every mouthful of food they eat. So this has to be accounted for so that people who don't take in as much air as they eat do not get over taxed.

Now to really reduce the amount of air pollution perhaps they should just stop the manufacture of vehicles, bikes, and exercise machines etc.. etc.. That way if it's not available people will not be able to pollute the air as much because of they will not be breathing so heavily. They should also limit the speed that everyone walks at so that people don't over exert themselves and result in heavier breathing. I imagine they could have the police hand out tickets to people who run or walk too fast as well.

Of course they will have to come up with a plan to handle the people who lose their job. They would probably be put on an adjusted tax rate until they were able to find a new job and start paying the regular amount again. I imagine they could pay a higher rate until they had caught up for the amount of time they were unemployed and paying a lower rate.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You should watch the Jerry Springer show and the other shows of that ilk and you'll see a lot of people like you described. I don't know where they find them but they do.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
WHAT AN EFFIN' JOKE! I always said that eventually they would start taxing us by the breath....there should be an elite tax for polititions only, a sewage tax for constantly spouting VERBAL DIAOGHREAH!!! What does everyone think of that? Thumbs up for me if you agree!! or star me, either way is fine by me! *giggle*

PEACE!!!

edit on 5-3-2013 by DARREN1976 because: coz i can!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
When will the Idiot Tax be passed, and subject ALL elected officials to be mentally examined and an IQ test be Public information before being allowed to take an elected position. Im serious too
edit on 5-3-2013 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

yeah,

I have never been so polarized about hating something as I am about agenda 21.

I will do just about anything to see it dead and buried like other psychotic agendas have been in the past for the sake of survival.

Its the greatest threat to free society and our species that has ever presented itself.

No joke, it will bottle neck our species and leave us with a limited number of idiots. Even the elite will become stagnant after a few generations of the unnatural condition the human race will be left in.

also, NO economy will survive with the amount of social stress that will be imposed on everyone.
They seem to think that a human can function with a looming of constant and ever increasing tax hovering over their every action.

They will breed terrorists and enemies of state no matter the genetic engineering and punishments they can think of.

They themselves will have the greatest age of disloyalty and traitorous people that they have ever had. The human mind is not meant to function as they THINK it can.

They will put everyone in survival mode and make them manic depressants. Their world will last under 50 years....then it will explode /implode and die very abruptly. Hopefully everyone of them will die with it.

I am serious. This crap is traitorous to the entire human race. Forget about countries. The proponents of this are enemies of mankind.

edit on 5-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I highly doubt the lawmaker is dumb enough to believe this nonsense.

However, I DON'T doubt that he's getting paid to say something like that. Even if does make him look dumb.

If more people are riding bikes, then that means less $$$ being made some where, and you can da*n well bet they will make up something like this because it sounds better that telling the truth. Especially since the truth is probably against the law in some way, and we're not quite to the point where they can openly force us to pay money for no good reason.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon

I am too busy laughing at this while I posted it. This person is an elected official? How can someone this stupid get into office? Still laughing here.

It's bad enough when they make it to the state level -- but it's not quite as funny when these morons make to the federal level. That's just about all of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Reading all of the replies, I saw a few of you mentioned The Onion. I thought the same at first. The article had to be a joke. It was too funny... then I read more. Scary stuff that this wasn't a joke. An elected official actually believes this crap (or is using it to line his pockets some more).

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't know what all the fuss is about, he's a Republican ain't he?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join