It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian priest burns photo of Benedict during Mass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

VATICAN CITY (Reuters)- - An Italian priest set fire to a photo of Pope Benedict during Sunday Mass in protest against his abdication, telling a shocked congregation that the former pontiff had abandoned his flock.

"It was wonderful," the Rev. Andrea Maggi from Santo Stefano Protomartire church in the small northern village of Castel Vittorio, told La Repubblica daily, defending his act.

Before starting the homily, the priest took the photo of the pope and he said “this is not a pope, this is not a shepherd, he abandoned his flock," Orengo said, adding that Maggi then used a candle flame set alight the photo of Benedict.

Orengo said he would inform Church authorities about the incident, adding that Maggi was going through a "fragile" time from a psychological point of view.
yahoo

Good for him!

I don't care if the Pope was old, infirm, whatever the 'excuse' - he abandoned his people, his 'flock' and I've had my back up about it since the moment hearing the news 'Benedict' had ousted himself. Seems I’m not the only one - though I’m not sure if I should admit to it seeing as the Priest who 'lit the Pope up' was feeling a wee bit fragile.

Interesting times.

peace
edit on 4-3-2013 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I don't care if the Pope was old, infirm, whatever the 'excuse' - he abandoned his people, his 'flock'.

I see it as just the opposite.
For the first time in his papacy, he did something I agree with.

He knew he couldn't do the job, that his body couldn't do it, so he gave his two weeks notice and moved aside to make room for someone who could do the job.

Ratzinger (Benedict) stood next to Pope John Paul II all those years and he saw how that pope couldn't handle the job anymore. He saw how the church came to near ruin during that time because the pope couldn't engage the issues or the problem.

Ratzinger is blind in one eye and losing sight in the other ... he's falling down all over the Vatican .. he's falling out of bed ... his blood pressure is uncontrollable and through the roof .. he isn't allowed to travel via airplane anymore due to his failed health .. the dude is OLD and his body needs rest.

Stepping aside isn't 'abandoning' anyone. Just the opposite.
Stepping aside is admitting that he can't do the job and that
someone else has to take over. He thought of the people of
the Catholic church first .. over any desire of his own he had
to stay in office even though he couldnt' do the job anymore.

So i say ... the priest that burned the picture .. that was a stupid thing to do.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

your words

Ratzinger is blind in one eye and losing sight in the other ... he's falling down all over the Vatican .. he's falling out of bed ... his blood pressure is uncontrollable and through the roof .. he isn't allowed to travel via airplane anymore due to his failed health .. the dude is OLD and his body needs rest.

And the LORD said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
16 For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.
17 Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.

Zechariah 11:15-17

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I don't care if the Pope was old, infirm, whatever the 'excuse' - he abandoned his people,

Catholics wear abandoned far before.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Um .... if I'm following you correctly ...

Ratzinger was sick BEFORE he left office. God didn't send illness down upon him for leaving. If God wanted Ratzinger in office, He should have let Ratzinger keep his eyesight and should have made it so Ratzinger wasn't falling down all over the place etc etc

The illness came before Ratzinger left office .. not because he left office.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm just bringing up this prophetic quote... nothing else.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I heard from a fellow priest when Benedict was very close to being the next pope when they where voting, his hands where on his eyes & his head down. Basicly he was like; oh noooo, not at my age! or something like that, like it was the last thing what he wanted.

It's just silly really when being so old you get a job like that, and most of them are just ripe for an elder house, nothing much else.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

John 10:11-17

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

John Paul had a multitude of physical problems - in the end he couldn’t even speak - but he stayed.
Even after being shot - he stayed.

So did every other Pope besides one - and he stepped down due to a problem in the initial voting process if what I’ve read is correct.

Over 260 some Popes stayed in their holy office but Benedict.

Funny what’s in a name.

peace

edit on 4-3-2013 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So? Maybe Benedict did the right thing and those others were wrong?
Or maybe, in THOSE time periods it was okay, but for what is needed
now it is not?

Anyways ... I applaud the man for stepping aside when he knew he
couldn't take care of the church as it needs to be.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm really not interested in "who is right" here...

I'm interested in the fact that this is a sign of things to come.

The Catholic Church will be severely shaken in the next months and years.

Tremendous things will happen...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

when does chapter 2 start ?..

This story your telling is good.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Published 01-26-2013, BEFORE illuminati actor Ratzinger resigned (0).
Catholic Church - 20th century History: Two Illuminati core lies
Two of the core lies are:
1. LIE: Vatican before 1959 = Vatican after 1959.
TRUTH: Vatican before 1960 was infiltrated by the illuminati, YET the illuminati did NOT control it.
All "popes" after 1959, except for John Paul I's 33 days, were illuminati agents (1).
As cardinals are chosen by the Pope and they elect the Pope. This means:
- now ALL cardinals are illuminati;
- any new "Pope" would be illuminati, if there would be still time for more "elections".

An endless array of lies is built upon this core lie. The most important is:
"Catholic Church teaches that evolution theory is not incompatible with faith in God".
Reminder: this lie was created by "pope" John Paul II. All popes before 1960 categorically dismissed "Evolution", a hoax created bythe illuminati to feed the human cattle.

2. LIE: Pius XII was a Nazi collaborator.
TRUTH: Pius XII, the Pope during World War II, was a resister to the nazis.
No wonder that the illuminati, the same who now almost totally unveiled propagate Hitler, were busy rewriting History for the past two decades to create this lie (2).
The illuminati love to recreate the perfect reverse script. That is why, 2005, two days before the "election" of the scripted last "Pope", "Benedict XVI the Glory of the Olive", they released a photoshopped image of "Cardinal" Josef Ratzinger wearing the Hitler's Youth nazi uniform.
60 years later the Last "Pope" becomes one of the last survivors of Hitler's army (3).

Notes
(0) Published 01-26-2013, BEFORE illuminati actor Ratzinger resigned
www.scam.com...

(1) Catholic Church Destruction - the illuminati script, explained worldwide first time, by Matt Marriott
catholic-church-destruction.blogspot.com...

(2) "Hitler's Pope", a book published in 1999 by the British "journalist" John Cornwell set a milestone in this process.
Illuminati censorship at wikipedia will not allow to expose the blatant lies.
en.wikipedia.org...'s_Pope

(3) Search for Josef Ratzinger in the ultimate reversed script for Watergate, the Benghazigate hearings:
www.scam.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I say he did the right thing. Makes no sense to be POPE in title alone while others are really the ones making the decisions because the Pope can no longer perform his job.

Hope he enjoys his retirement

2 cents.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
What I'm seeing here - meaning it's my opinion - the Pope is not just 'another job'. Is not just a lifestyle. He is (or in this case should be) in Western World Religion. He is - or is supposed to be ‘God on earth’ - so to speak.

My point? 'Being the Pope' isn't like 'being John Malkovich' and when your day job is over you kick back and return home only later to retire when you’re time is up. You don't just give up when you’re Pope - and there's hundreds of years of tradition behind that opinion. Oh hell I have to say it - can you imagine Mohamed 'retiring' lol. Ok, that just slipped in - back on track here.

Another thing - the Pope (God on earth or not) isn’t the sole decision maker. Never has been. There’s no reason he couldn’t have delegated authority, done all the resting his wee lil’heart desired and stand up once a week to bestow God’s blessings on the crowd.

Ok, blah blah blah and all that - how do I really feel? I couldn’t stand him from day one. He looks evil. He looks corrupt. He’s just plain gross. I’m glad he’s gone. But I still don’t believe he made the right decision for the Church or Catholic’s as a whole.

peace

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So?

'So'?

Ok, how about I reply in kind with, 'Whatever'.

Maybe Benedict did the right thing and those others were wrong?

I see what you wrote but if you seriously believe that? Welllll, just call me confounded by your um...unique point of view.

peace
edit on 9-3-2013 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Gosh Silo13, I usually agree with you, but really what it seems you're saying is that Benedict shouldn't have stepped down in spite of him no longer wanting to perform the required duties of the pope, in spite of him being physically and mentally incapable of doing the job of the pope; come hell or high water he should have stayed where he was put. This is part of the world’s problem, doing things a certain way because that's the way “they’ve always been done” and in spite of them being downright incompetent, ineffective and plain old wrong.

And really, imho, Jesus was the ultimate example of not doing the 'Same # different day' routine. He changed a lot of things, got rid of a lot old dead wood ideas.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Gosh Silo13, I usually agree with you, but really what it seems you're saying is that Benedict shouldn't have stepped down in spite of him no longer wanting to perform the required duties of the pope, in spite of him being physically and mentally incapable of doing the job of the pope; come hell or high water he should have stayed where he was put.

Yes, I do feel that way. Being 'Pope' IMO is like being a parent. You can never 'not' be a parent - good or bad. In his defense - he never wanted to be Pope in the first place, I find it a grand shame he didn't step aside then while it wasn’t too late.

This is part of the world’s problem, doing things a certain way because that's the way “they’ve always been done” and in spite of them being downright incompetent, ineffective and plain old wrong.

Yeah, we still agree on this part.

Have a good Sunday.

peace

top topics

join