It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks For Service On Streets of the US

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Thanks. You know that brought to mind that i have an old US Army sniper manual. It has a section on just what you are talking about with drawlings.....that is how to pick targets out of an organized gathering of some sort.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

They probably bought it just to make profit for some company and to get a 'provision'. These things are happening all over the world. Just look at China and their ghost cities

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The New Domestic Terrorist is the Home Land Security

They have become the new GESTAPO SS and Obama the Fuhrer

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Through all of the hair smoke I tend to agree with this guy another right wing wet dream.

This and the DHS buys a brazillion bullets

Whoever’s posting the links at Drudge Report really seems to enjoy the work of the Dumbest Man on the Internet, Jim Hoft, because the estimable Gateway Pundit receives another Drudge benefaction today, for another long-debunked right wing paranoid fantasy: Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | the Gateway Pundit. Notice how Hoft deftly combines two wingnut fever dreams in his headline, connecting the ridiculous “tanks” lie with the equally crazed “bullet stockpile” story hyped last week by half-governor Sarah Palin, creating one massive, delirious right wing ball of anti-government fear. That’s why he gets the Drudge links.

littlegreenfootballs.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So it turns out that --
One of the originators of this fairy tail

modernsurvivalblog.com...

..... has found a little more information on the subject. The 2700 has been reduced to 16.

Update 3/7/20113
It has recently been brought to my attention of official word with regards to the apparent number of MRAP’s owned by the DHS according to a DHS spokesman. Since this original post, an article written by Business Insider is excerpted as follows: The Department of Homeland Security is using 16 military-style, mine-resistant ambush protected vehicles for use during “high-risk warrants,” according to an official spokesman… The MRAPs were transferred to DHS from the Department of Defense, free of charge… The vehicles are modified for use with the DHS Special Response Team — specially trained, fully armored agents dispatched during the most severe and high risk situations… “[The vehicle] is used in the execution of high-risk warrants — including drug trafficking, smuggling, and contraband,” “We have 16 MRAPs nationwide.”

source: www.businessinsider.com/homeland-security-serving-warrants-mrap-2013-3

At least they are trying to be truthful. Kudos.. I hate the smell of burning hair.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Navistar Defence has taken on modifying 2717 light armored trucks returning from overseas for Domestic use by HLS .

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Will "they" at least order these trucks and whatever at american companies...?

What these materials will used for is bad enough but... It will be a confirmation that the country is lead by incompetent people if it turns out that these materials are manufactured in a country other than the US. (to put it mildly).

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

No need to guess ,they are incompetent.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
After WW2 we called that surplus. There were stores that sold surplus. It beats dumping it in the ocean,

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
So it turns out that --
One of the originators of this fairy tail

modernsurvivalblog.com...

..... has found a little more information on the subject. The 2700 has been reduced to 16.

Update 3/7/20113
It has recently been brought to my attention of official word with regards to the apparent number of MRAP’s owned by the DHS according to a DHS spokesman. Since this original post, an article written by Business Insider is excerpted as follows: The Department of Homeland Security is using 16 military-style, mine-resistant ambush protected vehicles for use during “high-risk warrants,” according to an official spokesman… The MRAPs were transferred to DHS from the Department of Defense, free of charge… The vehicles are modified for use with the DHS Special Response Team — specially trained, fully armored agents dispatched during the most severe and high risk situations… “[The vehicle] is used in the execution of high-risk warrants — including drug trafficking, smuggling, and contraband,” “We have 16 MRAPs nationwide.”

source: www.businessinsider.com/homeland-security-serving-warrants-mrap-2013-3

At least they are trying to be truthful. Kudos.. I hate the smell of burning hair.

I posted pretty much the same information about a year ago when images of those vehicles first started appearing. Obviously nobody ever listens. In fact, that post is right here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Actually this post was all inclusive with the refitting of 2717 of these vehicles . Now it's not just a special operation that requires the Armored Car it is nation wide . Now it affects us all . So now they have our attention . Seventeen armored trucks was nothing to the whole USA .

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Wrong. Navistar is retrofitting 2717 of them with a new chassis, a Maxxforce 9.3 engine, 570 amp alternator and new driveline.

Homeland Security is only getting 16 of them. All free of charge from the Department of Defense.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I have cranked out e-mails to both of my Texas Senators and The Speaker of the House asking for an investigation into DHS. I explained that I am worried about the purchase of these vehicles possibly being
used against Americans. I'll see if I receive an answer but, I'm not holding my breath. If an "agency" is armed
like the Military, they are Military to me. DHS is quickly becoming more of a threat to us that the people
they were going to protect us from....Oh, I forgot the MRAVs are "RESCUE VEHICLES". All kidding aside,
DHS appears that they're on the way to becoming the Police Force Obama talked about "as well funded and armed as the Military".....and you thought he was talking about the Obama Black Youth Corps. As I read on ATS Obama and his cohorts are reportedly running DHS. The only reason DHS doesn't wear Brown uniforms instead of Blue uniforms is that, the Brown uniforms would be more easily recognized for what they are becoming. We really need to find people sympathetic to the overhaul of DHS and MOST IMPORTANTLY, it's leadership.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

WHEN YOU SEE THESE ARMORED TRUCKS PATROLING YOUR STREETS YOU WILL THEN KNOW THAT GOVERNMENT DISINFORMATION TO THE PUBLIC IS REAL TOO !

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Your capslock button seems to be broken. Might I suggest a new keyboard. And possibly some xanax.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wow what a letdown. This is total false advertising.

Those are not tanks.

The title is complete BS why should I trust the article.

With further investigation the source is provided sorry but I call BS.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

And most of the DHS graduates are hispanic kids.Once some bullets hit some bones I bet some moms and spouses will not watch them go get slaughtered and put their feet down.
The might hold a whole state for a month with military help. Nationally.I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I know this has been said in every forum on the subject however I guess some people have missed it so I will repeat for those who haven’t seen it.

Originally posted by gunshooter
reply to post by Aircooled

Standard ball ammo is used for practice. Hollow points are too expensive for target practise, and are meant for field use.

Not when you buy in bulk they aren’t.

In fact they should be less expensive because hollow points require less material.

Also you train with what you carry.

The other thing about the order is it was a contract for them to be supplied up to that amount. They may not order that many but in case they do they have already established a set price. It isn’t like they actually paid for that many and have them sitting in a bunker somewhere.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join