It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequester Monster Has Been Replaced! Private Sector Boom Has Arrived! U.S. Oil & Gas Boom!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
CNBC reports U.S. Oil and Gas boom takes many by surprise!
Growth at Washington D.C. may be slowing but it looks like Joy and Prosperity in the
Private Sector had arrived!

North Dakota is supplying oil to a refinery in Philadelphia!
CNBC: U.S. Oil and Gas Boom takes Many by Surprise!

Message to Saudi Arabia: keep your oil .... we have our own!

Approve the Keystone Pipeline and ADD to the Joy and Prosperity that has arrived!

Throw the Sequester Monster in Nancy Pelosis closet.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A friend of mine in South Bend builds some of the pumping controls for the pipeline and they never missed a beat over the last couple of years. Still building the control amd monitor systems 6 days a week and will be finished by summer. The pipeline was never in danger of being cancelled only playing games.

His company didn't really care they were paid for the equipment and it was going to be built contracts are contracts

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
North Dakota has been a boom and success story among a nation of miserable economic news and trends for a few years now. All over the state, actually. While some have been suffering actual unemployment between 12 and 30%, depending on location, North Dakota has enjoyed as little as 3%. If someone doesn't mind the weather and overall climate of North Dakota, that has been the place to go for quite awhile. Indeed... Go North! There is opportunity in those new oil and gas fields! (There is also a massive new military range complex in that area of the country.. more jobs there.
)

I'm not sure what sequestration has to do with anything, either way. Sequestration isn't specifically targeted to hit the oil and gas industry as North Dakota will see any impact from it. That's the good part of how specifically Sequestration is targeted to very selective things. It means what is NOT there is pretty well untouched. I know, it's reached hard for a silver lining in a storm cloud, but we have that much.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
North Dakota has been a boom and success story among a nation of miserable economic news and trends for a few years now. All over the state, actually. While some have been suffering actual unemployment between 12 and 30%, depending on location, North Dakota has enjoyed as little as 3%. If someone doesn't mind the weather and overall climate of North Dakota, that has been the place to go for quite awhile. Indeed... Go North! There is opportunity in those new oil and gas fields! (There is also a massive new military range complex in that area of the country.. more jobs there.
)

I'm not sure what sequestration has to do with anything, either way. Sequestration isn't specifically targeted to hit the oil and gas industry as North Dakota will see any impact from it. That's the good part of how specifically Sequestration is targeted to very selective things. It means what is NOT there is pretty well untouched. I know, it's reached hard for a silver lining in a storm cloud, but we have that much.

The Armageddon Narrative regarding the Sequestration Monster ignored the booming

Private Sector. Go North my good man!

Oil and natural gas is giving the USA an economic boom.

BTW, the real estate sector has recovered also! New homes are selling FAST !

Apple is selling iPhones 5s and iPad Minis like crazy!

So much for the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Our town of under 10000 people has over 100 million in comercial construction going on and 20 million in new homes. And more to come once the ground thaws

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

The day the Saudis stop selling oil for Petro Dollars is the day the American economy collapses. A set percentage of the Dollars spent for oil is directly invested into US derivatives and bonds, making up a huge part of the US fiscal budget.

The US could have been energy independent for decades already, there's as much oil in Alaska as there is in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
Our town of under 10000 people has over 100 million in comercial construction going on and 20 million in new homes. And more to come once the ground thaws

That translates to Jobs , Jobs, Jobs !

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The Sequestration is nothing to joke about in my view. Imagine 85 Billion dollars worth of cutting targeted at the most human, low level and end user level of cutting that could be specifically planned for....to bring maximum pain?

That's what has just passed and what we're about to see or..for some..are already seeing now.

I know it's getting to be sport to make fun of 85 billion vs. many trillions in annual spending ..but if your Government salary of $50,000 a year is what you and your family lives on? A Government cut of just $50,000 could be catastrophic in your world, right? How many $50,000 employees does 85 billion represent cutting? We're going to get the answer to that, whether we wanted it or not. In a land of back breaking unemployment levels as it stands now? Any cutting of actual people and the positions they live by is too much while the true waste is untouched like sacred cows, eh?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

The day the Saudis stop selling oil for Petro Dollars is the day the American economy collapses. A set percentage of the Dollars spent for oil is directly invested into US derivatives and bonds, making up a huge part of the US fiscal budget.

The US could have been energy independent for decades already, there's as much oil in Alaska as there is in Saudi Arabia.

Don't forget about the Natural Gas!

Fracking has the price of natural gas very low.

Siemens and GE natural gas power plants are popping up everywhere and replacing

expensive and dirty coal power plants.

This is the most impressive power plant i have ever seen.

The power plant has a small footprint compared to the HUGE output!

Siemens makes HUGE Gas turbines! 758 MegaWatts !!!?

New Power Plant Texas : 758 MegaWatts
edit on 4-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The Sequestration is nothing to joke about in my view. Imagine 85 Billion dollars worth of cutting targeted at the most human, low level and end user level of cutting that could be specifically planned for....to bring maximum pain?

That's what has just passed and what we're about to see or..for some..are already seeing now.

I know it's getting to be sport to make fun of 85 billion vs. many trillions in annual spending ..but if your Government salary of $50,000 a year is what you and your family lives on? A Government cut of just $50,000 could be catastrophic in your world, right? How many $50,000 employees does 85 billion represent cutting? We're going to get the answer to that, whether we wanted it or not. In a land of back breaking unemployment levels as it stands now? Any cutting of actual people and the positions they live by is too much while the true waste is untouched like sacred cows, eh?

Stop feeding the U.S. Government MONSTER and let the Private Sector LEAD THE WAY!

Seek the truth: the sequestration is necessary

True or False : The U.S. Government will spend $15 Billion more money in 2013 than it
did in 2012?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

ND is going through a boom, and if they're not smart they'll go bust. ND would be wise to learn and seek advive from places like Alaska -- where they have delt with the oil companies for many decades. ND could invest in its people and create their own dividend program for ND residents. That kind of investment has a lasting economic impact.

From what I've heard (oil people talk to other oil people) -- the safety conditions are questionable, and there is a really bad drug problem on the fields. From what's being said, there is a media blackout of the deaths and injuries occur. There simply is to much money to be made, and oil companies would rather pay off family members and officials to keep quiet.

Basically, the boys coming out of ND are saying it's a wild, wild place.
edit on 4-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Why is it being called a sequester and not austerity? Is this just a game of semantics or is there are real difference?I guess austerity doesn't have the same ring to it anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia is not our main sellers of oil, Is Canada, with Mexico following closer the scam and propaganda that Saudi is in fault for oil prices and hikes is nothing but a lie.

The prices of oil and the gouging of the American public is the results of oil barons in the US paying oil speculators to manufacture futures and boost prices.

Does all this news give me any hopes? nope, the oil barons and elite will still be making the money and we the consumer will still be screwed by them.

In America the only boom and prosperity is for those that runs the government and holds the money.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Saudi Arabia is not our main sellers of oil, Is Canada, with Mexico following closer the scam and propaganda that Saudi is in fault for oil prices and hikes is nothing but a lie.

The prices of oil and the gouging of the American public is the results of oil barons in the US paying oil speculators to manufacture futures and boost prices.

Does all this news give me any hopes? nope, the oil barons and elite will still be making the money and we the consumer will still be screwed by them.

In America the only boom and prosperity is for those that runs the government and holds the money.

Natural Gas Power Plants will give shareholders higher profit margins, higher dividends
and more disposable income. Go buy stock in a utility and stop whining about capitalism.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Why is it being called a sequester and not austerity? Is this just a game of semantics or is there are real difference?I guess austerity doesn't have the same ring to it anymore.

Because "austerity" is what those crazy broke Europeans are doing. We of course are nowhere near as bad off as they are.
Use the "A" word here and people might riot like in Europe.

We don't need austerity. Just a litte sequester. To the tune of 85 billion. The exact same amount that we are creating out of thin air each month and buying mortgage backed securities.

Coincidence?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Because "austerity" is what those crazy broke Europeans are doing. We of course are nowhere near as bad off as they are.
Use the "A" word here and people might riot like in Europe.

We don't need austerity. Just a litte sequester. To the tune of 85 billion. The exact same amount that we are creating out of thin air each month and buying mortgage backed securities.

Coincidence?

Sequester = Reign in U.S. Government spending

Let the Free Market Private Sector take the lead and grow the U.S. economy.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I am sure you are swimming in money right now and that is why you have some much time to come and post in here.

Well good luck for you dear.

I wasn't born yesterday I know what the economy is doing and were is heading and who controls it Do you?

top topics

join