It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting Prevented - Student Disarms Gunman…Gets Suspended?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I agree the title is a tad misleading...
for those unable to read and follow
punctuation marks.

Good find and great thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
A mass shooting? Shame on you, same BS tactic the media uses.

Yes, Sherlock, that was my intention.

Are you equally annoyed when they do it?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLiesOfEden

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by AndyMayhew

It’s not about how I define violent crime….this info was published in the UK’s DailyMail.

Well, I can assure you you're most definitely not going to be wanting to be setting much store by a source like the DailyMail. Most people in the UK wouldn't use it to shield their heads from the rain. The gods know considering the flimsiness (or non-existence) of some of its "sources", the newspaper itself would be just as unreliable.

What difference does that make? The stats come from the EU Commission of the UN. Stop trying to straw man and face the reality that UK is a violent place according to actual recorded crime stats. Just because US has more guns doesn't make us more violent on average. You all should hold yourselves to the same standard you're holding me to next time you make smart remarks about US crime. Back up your claims....I did!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by cartesia
bet that kid would feel a bit different if him trying to wrestle the gun away had gotten the other guy killed... chances are the guy with the gun would never have pulled the trigger if left be.
edit on 4-3-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

Wow that has to be one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard.... Lets see kid has LOADED gun pointing at another kid threatening to kill him with it yeah lets wait around and see if he really means it... Geeze what is wrong with you? Someone points a gun at you or anyone else and threatens to kill you/them you have no choice but to assume he means it and take what ever action you can to stop him. You think the police wait around to see it you mean it if you point a gun at them... Sigh!

You ever shot someone just cos you hate them? think if you worked up the courage to pull a gun on them you could actually go through with it?

You think if I'm pointing a gun at someone and he has no equally capable weapon he's gonna come at me? I'm talkin about real life, not a #in kung fu movie.

Come at me while I'm pointin a gun and the shot will be off regardless how fast you move. Such is the case for anyone who's determined to shoot. My question is why didnt the kid kill the other kid, if you're so sure he had it in him? Either that or he wanted to be wrestled down. which means he never had it in him in the first place.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
A mass shooting? Shame on you, same BS tactic the media uses.

Yes, Sherlock, that was my intention.

Are you equally annoyed when they do it?

You want to know why i am annoyed? Because its a lie.
Your on a site witch is supposed to represent truth. Yet....
How can I trust you when make up titles to get people to view your threads.
It would be one thing if it was the actual title of the article but the fact that you made it up and you are member of this site is appalling.
Its just as annoying when the media dose but its expected, they are manipulators, their job is to lie and control the masses.
How do you view your job on this site?
Get stars, flags, attention so that you influences the masses more?
Or to expose hidden truth.

Your title says allot.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh ! Yeah I heard about that that's ridiculous. Check this one out.

Def child asked to change his name

Deaf 3-year-old Hunter Spanjer of Nebraska signs his first name with a gesture resembling a gun, and his parents say his school wants him to stop.

People have gone off their rocker about the gun issue. If only they could do just a little bit of research they will see guns are not the problem, deranged psychopaths are.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Don't know what all the ruckus is about. That is what happened.

This happened last week and the kid was back in school on monday.

edit on 5-3-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

well duh, if everyone stops someone from shooting someone how can we talk about it on the news and make tighter gun control laws if a simple highschool student can disarm a

LONE GUNMAN

christ we'll have friggin heros every where, cant have that now lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Poptarts when cooked are VERY DANGEROUS. If you throw a freshly cooked hot poptart at someone you can cause severe damage including third degree burns and blindness. People taking this lightly need to understand this. Now if you have multiple packets of hot poptarts the damage would be massive if shot at multiple targets. When your kid gets their eye taken out you or a co Worker goes postal and your own Eye is taken out you will learn and agree that poptarts should be banned...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
sounds to me like the principal ordered the hit, or he would grow a brain and give the kids an award for stopping a viloent incident, orrr it was another false flag, only it was stopped so he is pissed, either way, you dont suspend someone for saving lives. idiot. what if it was the principals wife the kids was guna shoot, would he suspend the students then? this world is all fahked if this is how people are acting towards acts of heroism.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

hahah SB sooo true. sooo true

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

can you - or any one else explain where and when this alledged " potential school shooting " that was alledgedly averted was going to alledgedly occur ?

hint read the OP source article , it contains this gem :

A Florida high school student wrestled a loaded gun away from another teen on the bus ride home this week

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Tuesday afternoon on the school bus.

Link

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've been in a fight before at school, and was just defending myself. I was 'suspended' for 2 days because they wanted the whole thing to blow over and didn't want the friends of to retaliate or the fight to continue somehow. That's just the way they do it. The kid could probably use a couple days off.

He'll be seen as a hero and his suspension will be more like a vacation.. calm down

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

A Florida high school student wrestled a loaded gun away from another teen on the bus ride home this week and was slapped with a suspension in return.

The 16-year-old Cypress Lake High student in Fort Myers, Fla. told WFTX-TV there was “no doubt” he saved a life after grappling for the loaded .22 caliber revolver being aimed point-blank at another student on Tuesday.
link

Is this the message we’re sending our kids and young adults in America today; don’t get involved? This kid should be honored rather than suspended. It’s been confirmed that the gun was real, it was loaded, and 3 young men jumped on the gunman, disarming him and potentially preventing a shooting. For their efforts, these heroes were……suspended!! WTF??

The school is hiding behind policy to justify this ridiculous action.

The school’s referral slip said he was given an “emergency suspension” for being involved in an “incident” with a weapon. Lee County School District spokesman Alberto Rodriguez said in a statement that “If there is a potentially dangerous situation, Florida law allows the principal to suspend a student immediately pending a hearing.”

This really is a sign of the times. It seems like we’ve gone from common sense to self destruction.

I’d like to personally applaud the actions of these brave kids!! Way to go!!!! You did the right thing and you should be extremely proud!!!

I, for one, am inspired by their actions. Maybe if more Americans had enough sense to recognize evil and enough balls to stand up to it we wouldn’t be the declining country we are today.

Let's play Devil's Advocate here.. before we call this 3rd kid a hero..

What if, there were two kids, picking on another.. and in SELF DEFENSE, one of them pulls out a gun (which is wrong, but you get my point).. Then the 3rd kid wrestles the guy down, and takes his gun. Do you now still consider him a Hero? or do you consider him a BULLY.

Which is why all of them were suspended.

Don't just think quickly on the emotional side of things. Think about the whole story, maybe this "hero" was in fact a bully, and just disarmed this guy he was bullying, and he only pulled the gun for safe defense from the other two.

Do you see? We may not know the whole story. Don't just assume. Typically if you are in a fight at school, all parties get suspended, regardless of what happened. "OH HE STEPPED ON MY SHOE, SO WE DECIDED TO FIGHT" (both suspended). "OH HE STOLE MY LUNCH MONEY, SO WE STARTED TO FIGHT" (both suspended). This is nothing new. This only hyped because there was a gun involved.
edit on 5-3-2013 by uSNUUZuLUUz because: spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by seabag

can you - or any one else explain where and when this alledged " potential school shooting " that was alledgedly averted was going to alledgedly occur ?

hint read the OP source article , it contains this gem :

A Florida high school student wrestled a loaded gun away from another teen on the bus ride home this week

hmmm, high school football team on a bus ... nope, no 'school shooting' involved there, just students

who cares that the students weren't on school grounds

(they were only getting OFF the bus at school but hey, details matter, right ? )
given the above, it must be a planted story, right ?
/sarcasm

oh, in case it matters, here's a local source ... www.fox4now.com...
which also indicates the 'suspension' was the result of being uncooperative with school officials and law enforcement, not for the act of disarming the gunman.

ah yes, then of course, there is this infamous tidbit ...

from source above
Authorities were unable to watch the school bus surveillance video because the cameras weren't working.
uhuh, that's awfully convenient.
cameras always seem to be 'malfunctioning' or not 'in use' these days eh ??
what's up with that, our 'taxes' haven't gone down, why is the 'technology' that we paid for down ??

and for those curious, here is the school district's released statement ...

same source above
"The District has completed its investigation regarding an incident that took place on February 26, 2013, regarding multiple Cypress Lake High School students. The District is unable to comment regarding the specific disciplinary measures taken against specific students. However, it must be noted that during the initial investigation conducted by the administration of Cypress Lake High School the students involved refused to cooperate with school authorities regarding the events that occurred. As a result, appropriate disciplinary actions were taken at that time. Subsequently, law enforcement along with school officials have acquired additional information that has provided the complete picture of what occurred that day. Certain students involved have been and will be disciplined in accordance with that additional information consistent with the Code of Student Conduct and Florida law. The District will be making no further comment regarding this matter."

ya gotta love the double-standard ... cop gets paid leave for his lack of cooperation, ineptitude and failure to perform, causing the death of a child ... student gets suspended for his lack of cooperation in reporting how he saved the life of a and possibly several children, fair enough ?

edit on 5-3-2013 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

You want to know why i am annoyed? Because its a lie.
Your on a site witch is supposed to represent truth. Yet....
How can I trust you when make up titles to get people to view your threads.

Please tell me what I made up…or move along.

I don’t know how much more clearly I can make it.

Mass Shooting Prevented

Student Disarms Gunman

Student Suspended

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think its the fact that the fight was one on one, so he would have probably just shot that one guy and split. To say that a mass shooting was prevented is stretching it at least a bit.

Just my take.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. I honestly have NEVER heard of anything this bloody stupid in my whole life. Heres a little rule of thumb.

When a person takes thier life in thier hands, puts it at risk for the greater good, for the safety of all, they should be commended, not suspended. This is just utter madness in its purest form.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
This is ridiculous. I honestly have NEVER heard of anything this bloody stupid in my whole life. Heres a little rule of thumb.

When a person takes thier life in thier hands, puts it at risk for the greater good, for the safety of all, they should be commended, not suspended. This is just utter madness in its purest form.

Let's play Devil's Advocate here.. before we call this 3rd kid a hero..

What if, there were two kids, picking on another.. and in SELF DEFENSE, one of them pulls out a gun (which is wrong, but you get my point).. Then the 3rd kid wrestles the guy down, and takes his gun. Do you now still consider him a Hero? or do you consider him a BULLY.

Which is why all of them were suspended.

Don't just think quickly on the emotional side of things. Think about the whole story, maybe this "hero" was in fact a bully, and just disarmed this guy he was bullying, and he only pulled the gun for safe defense from the other two.

Do you see? We may not know the whole story. Don't just assume. Typically if you are in a fight at school, all parties get suspended, regardless of what happened. "OH HE STEPPED ON MY SHOE, SO WE DECIDED TO FIGHT" (both suspended). "OH HE STOLE MY LUNCH MONEY, SO WE STARTED TO FIGHT" (both suspended). This is nothing new. This only hyped because there was a gun involved.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join