It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

Paint makes tough for them.

How about fire?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I got thinking the other day, out nation is only 236 years old.
Thats infancy compared to most, its also young enough that a government that decided to change our way of life into something more along the lines of Communist Russia, our Republic past would be nothing more than a footnote in the history books in a mere 50 to 100 years.
I think if people look past the party lines they would see that the powers that be are all aligned in a manner that will ensure they stay in power regardless of which party was in power when the takeover occured.
I just fear that we are being guided to look at things like the sequester and the Health care fiasco just to take our eyes off the real issues.
Ecomnomy is tanking, rest of the world is not taking us seriously, military being cut, programs being set up to ensure welfare and handouts climb.
I may be wrong but if i am we really have elected a bunch of ignorant fools to run this nation.
Hollow tip bullets for target practice? smart, buy expensive defensive rounds to waste on targets with real childrens portraits on them.
My trust level is seriously entering the red.....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
After doing some research I found the actual contract was from the Navy, for the Marine's useage.

They actually are not light tanks, but rather MRAPs, which are basically armored personnel carriers. Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles.

littlegreenfootballs.com...

edit on 5-3-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
This is getting a little creepy
What I don't get is, why does Homeland need 2700 of them, when it's already clear it won't do a thing to patrol the borders? Why do they need a couple of wars' worth of bullets, tanks and drones?

That's disturbing because that many would ONLY be required in the event of civil unrest and insurgence.

If the day ever came it would be the END of the USA as we know it and it would never be the same again.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This might be a little off topic, but then again, I feel its kind of on topic because this has to do with DHS. Has anyone seen bright red decontamination trailers in their states. They DHS right on them. An enter door at one end with a exit door on the other. I just saw one of these parked under the freeway where I live. Just wondering why these are around, and if anyone else has seen one.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

I see this as nothing but intimidation, as many already know the weaknesses, and could defeat it if itnbecame necessary.

Just another wasted cargo ship full of money really.

You know what would make this NOT a waste of money?

Expecting combating non military combatants. You know, those also referred to as freedom fighters, rebels, resistance. But surely, they would not expect fighting freedom fighters, rebels or resistance in the United States.

Right?

(Though constitutionally speaking DHS can do the one thing, that the military can't - combat Americans in America. Even without congressional approval as the War Powers Act would not apply.)
edit on 5-3-2013 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
These trucks need fuel to operate. We will destroy their fuel supply and render them 10-ton paper weights.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
These have more ways to tip over than a drunk on saint patties day, the weight of them being from 12-24 tons depending on model won't be able to cross rural bridges or those on secondary roads in suburban or urban areas.

Narrow roads with ditches on ether side are another issue especially if ground is wet from rains. Steel cabling stretched diagonally across small roads from guardrail support to telephone pole could force off road or at least set up an ambush if the occupants tried to clear cable. Felled trees, parking lot curb stops and many other things can be used to impede and slow movement of a single mrap or an entire column. Not to mention another posters mention of ramming by another truck. Abandoned automobiles forming blockades or channels would also curtail mrap operations.

The fuel mileage of 4 miles a gallon means a safe reliable source must be kept and maintained fairly clost to AOR. If someone were to get rid of fuel stocks then mraps would be of little concern. Also as I've understood it these are known as "hanger queens" as far as mantenance is concerned.

In a full on shtf scenario such as an economic collapse I would think the mrap would be more of a liability and danger to those using them.

The only reasonable use for these is during isolated and well controlled circumstances such as an attack on a compound, group or individual to intimidate the public via a media circus. Thats assuming the tptb really have things in control and how long that would remain so if these were over deployed. The tptb could control a few cities with the mrap - consider even a hundred for an urban area like L.A. would be somewhat of a joke, it'd take more like several hundred and even thats questionable on a sustained basis.

France in 1940 had much more and better armor than Germany - it was the fact that France spread them to thinly instead of concentrating them leading to them losing their country in six weeks. In a mass event I think DHS would be doing the same as the French did. They have almost no choice because massing on one or a few cities would have the rest of the country quickly to arms as people realize they're next.

I would posit that if they showed up enmass on the streets of americas cities then many would suffer disablement for one reason or another rather quickly.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

So why Buy them?

and enough for 50 in each state

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
wow, you guys are soooo paranoid.

they need the tanks for target practice, and training.
if they get land mines, rocket launchers, million + uniforms with fema on them and software to take stock of prisoners you'll just say that it's to attack the US. man you're all paranoid.

next thing you know you'll all say "war will be set due to the economic collapse"
yeah right.

hey i'll dare anyone to say that UN soldiers are not ALLOWED TO SET FOOT IN THE US to help 'quell' the unrest that will "not" follow due to the GOVERNMENT APPROVED waste spending.

Media blackouts, communications disabled, inability to even communicate with people next city over, none of THIS WILL HAPPEN. we aren't even dependent on technology as a nation or as society.

you're all paranoid.......crazy tin hat people..........don't read into the CAPS! don't!!

edit on 6-3-2013 by ss830 because: pew pew pew, that the sound of my 'gun'

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Gorilla war fare. We all know what that is. We all one day will be Gorillas, fighting to keep our freedoms. Just remember the saying" There's more than one way to skin a cat" Where there's a will there's a way. We as Americans have proven time & time again we have the WILL.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Not sure if I've ever posted before, but if not I'll make myself a short introduction.

I'm a software engineer from California with automotive experience, military and private security experience, and I generally consider myself a jack of all trades. I try to take a neutral view as I read through the clamoring of the internet's diversity, but often times things are just too clear, and too widespread to ignore.

This topic is one of those that grabbed my attention. Everyone is talking about predator drones walking into my house, ripping my safe open, and walking out with my drum mounted grenade launching barrett ( lol ) after vaporizing me with it. There are masses of LAV's being purchased, bullets for... 'Who knows what...', government releases addressing the potential for what I'll call an uprising, data coming out on ... Internment camps!? ... and then driving home yesterday I had a personal observation...

While driving past Camp San Luis Obispo, which once served as a national guard post, and is now primarily used as a training facility for reserves, I noted a particularly high concentration of troop transports, freight trucks, and humvees, some of which I would assess as 'newer' or even possibly still usable 'elsewhere' - as they are desert ready with mounted guns...

Now, the idea that this is just a reserve training expedition or something crossed my mind, but that would not account for the freight trucks that were lined up by the dozens, and I would expect to see an above average number of people wandering around outside; which I did not.

I'll snap a picture of the place when I drive by later, but this struck me as a bit of a peculiarity for a relatively inactive base to suddenly have a burst of activity in light of unfolding national circumstances.

Keep your eyes peeled and your butts puckered gentlemen.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Who though is going to shoot those bullets?
Its hard to imagine the americans own security forces shooting their own people. Sure the cops dont mind bashing the odd protester or black person but will that same cop shoot bullets into civilians all day every day until the killing is done?
I doubt it will happen that way but hypothetically, how do you get your army to turn on your people?
Mind control, propaganda, payrise? I just dont see it coming off.
Perhaps the only way to do it is to pay some other national army or NATO to do it. Part of the deal is that TPTB supply the weapons and ammo which is handily stored around the country in key locations.
Or perhaps TPTB could polarise the main stream to come after all you guys that want armed resistance. You just need to give them a reason to kill you.
I cant help feeling that armed resistance is futile and really not that courageous. Looking straight down the barrel of a tank and putting flowers in there is truly courageous.
(ever thought, armed revolution advocates are sock puppets inciting us to armed resistance and playing into the hands of the bullet buyers?)

edit on 6-3-2013 by w3thepatient because: further speculation

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by w3thepatient

Before the Nazis started gassing the Jews, they shot a lot of them. They lined them up at the edge of a ditch and shot them, often one at a time, with a single 9mm bullet to the head at point blank range. When the ditch was nearly full, they covered it with dirt and started over again.
Pol Pot would not waste bullets in the killing fields of Cambodia. Most of the millions killed there were bludgeoned to death with clubs.
Hmmm. Who would do the shooting? Same as always, your countrymen.... to avoid the same fate.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just heard that Milwaukee has purchased some kind of
armored truck/transport vehicle..

hard to say if is was fact..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by w3thepatient
Its hard to imagine the americans own security forces shooting their own people. Sure the cops dont mind bashing the odd protester or black person but will that same cop shoot bullets into civilians all day every day until the killing is done?
I doubt it will happen that way but hypothetically, how do you get your army to turn on your people?
Mind control, propaganda, payrise? I just dont see it coming off.
Perhaps the only way to do it is to pay some other national army or NATO to do it. Part of the deal is that TPTB supply the weapons and ammo which is handily stored around the country in key locations.
Or perhaps TPTB could polarise the main stream to come after all you guys that want armed resistance. You just need to give them a reason to kill you.
I cant help feeling that armed resistance is futile and really not that courageous. Looking straight down the barrel of a tank and putting flowers in there is truly courageous.
(ever thought, armed revolution advocates are sock puppets inciting us to armed resistance and playing into the hands of the bullet buyers?)

edit on 6-3-2013 by w3thepatient because: further speculation

I know this has brought up a few times in different places here, but look to obamas dream of wanting a civilian security force just as well funded and equipped as the military. Those people'll be the ones that will do his bidding, not the police or military,( at least I hope not), but his own police force.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

obamas dream

civilian security force

You got it.

Think Blackwater.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by w3thepatient

Before the Nazis started gassing the Jews, they shot a lot of them. They lined them up at the edge of a ditch and shot them, often one at a time, with a single 9mm bullet to the head at point blank range. When the ditch was nearly full, they covered it with dirt and started over again.
Pol Pot would not waste bullets in the killing fields of Cambodia. Most of the millions killed there were bludgeoned to death with clubs.
Hmmm. Who would do the shooting? Same as always, your countrymen.... to avoid the same fate.

That was incited racial violence. Jews did not shoot jews germans did., khmer did not shoot kmher they shot chams etc..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I know this has brought up a few times in different places here, but look to obamas dream of wanting a civilian security force just as well funded and equipped as the military. Those people'll be the ones that will do his bidding, not the police or military,( at least I hope not), but his own police force.
reply to post by Chance321

You could call it his own police force and feel all the fear that brings or you could look at it as just people, like you and me. People who might be your cousin or your neighbour. They needed a job and got one but it doesn't mean when the chips are down they will shoot innocent civilians unless those innocent civilians start attacking them. I'm saying reach out to them as friends, relatives, neighbours dont run from them as a faceless killing machine.
I'm saying dont let TPTB trick you into fighting cause then your right where they want you.
The weapons you need are solidarity and good lines of communication.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by w3thepatient

Really?

You should check out "The Lucifer Effect" by Philip Zimbardo. He summarizes more than 30 years of research on factors that can create a "perfect storm" which leads good people to engage in evil actions.

It doesnt take much to push people over the edge and if the country is starving because of civil unrest food would be a great motivation to carry out evil deeds.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join